Become a Patron!

SMOK 3000 mah Battery Charging Issues

This is the 2nd battery of this type I have purchased. I use the Big Baby T8 Tank and use it quite frequently. I must usually charge each night and it is good and charged the next morning. Last night, I woke up to use and no power. Typically when it is charging I will get a constant red light that stays on until charged. Now, I get a very feeble red light that blinks regularly but it will keep no charge at all.

I can press 5 times and it will turn all the way off.

Then when I hit it 5 times and turn it back on, I go to take a hit and it blinks 4 times and no more.

I watched a YOUTUBE video that showed plugging the power button in the outlet 10 times within a 3 second period that is supposed to reset it, but this did not work on mine.

Any idea why these batteries keep dying out so soon after buying them>

The first one I bought the metal inside the battery where the charger hits the leads basically disintegrated and no longer accepts a charge.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Ice

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
If it's a Smok Stick V8 you're talking about, they aren't very reliable.
I have had 4 of them. The USB port crapped on 2 of them.
The other 2, I gave to someone who wanted to try vaping.
And make sure you are using the correct coils with that Stick.
They were designed to be used with the Smok M2 coils. They require less power to fire.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you. Although it is a sealed system, I was hoping there might be some kind of a fix for it.
There may be a fix but i'm sure it would cost more to fix than getting a new one.
Personally I would get a box mod with dual batteries.
Some good ones can be had for around $50 and you can screw you BBB tank on to it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
May sound like a stupid question but have you tried another USB cable? They do go bad on occasion and I recall seeing many posts about charging issues that were solved by using a new cable. Also they say some cheap USB cables only charge and can't do a Firmware Update although that I have never experienced myself. Good Luck and I hope I was able to assist~!

May sound like a stupid question but have you tried another USB cable? They do go bad on occasion and I recall seeing many posts about charging issues that were solved by using a new cable. Also they say some cheap USB cables only charge and can't do a Firmware Update although that I have never experienced myself. Good Luck and I hope I was able to assist~!

Yes, I actually have 2-4 cables and tried each of them. Very strange. When I plug it in, it lights up like it should but then get's dim and very small like a pinpoint and then blinks non stop forever. Been plugged in for 24 hours. I can't imagine it has gone bad. It's only 2 1/2 months old.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You did check the wall wart you have it plugged into or tested it with a KNOWN Good one?

There may be a fix but i'm sure it would cost more to fix than getting a new one.
Personally I would get a box mod with dual batteries.
Some good ones can be had for around $50 and you can screw you BBB tank on to it.

Thank you... I want to get a box but very limited funds right now. Can you tell me what might be a decent set up on a budget? Box w/batteries and charger? There are so many variations, it can be confusing. I'm not trying to fog up London, just enough to help with my cigarette craving. I had smoked for 30 years. Been vaping for 1 year and very happy. However, batteries keep dying.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Might look into these. Dedicated coils but in your neck of the woods and my GF has been using them for years~!

https://www.jacvapour.com/vape-kits/series-s

series-s17-colours_1.jpg

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If it's a Smok Stick V8 you're talking about, they aren't very reliable.
I've had nothing but good luck with mine. I've had a couple for well over a year. They've been used a lot. I got a couple of the newer Prince Sticks and they've been good too. I have family that uses V8 Sticks and no problems with theirs either.

Thank you. Although it is a sealed system, I was hoping there might be some kind of a fix for it.
There's a little pin hole under the charging port. I've read that's where the reset is located. I've never used it or even know if it would help.

VU Sponsors