Become a Patron!

Smok M80 Plus v 0006 or GI2?

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am wanting to buy a new regulated mod that will allow me to build lower than my God180 currently will. I have narrowed my choices down to the Smok M80 Plus and the GI2 clone. Being that they are both roughly the same price (GI2 clone can be had for $60) and the only real differences are that the Smok has built in batteries and only does 80w and the GI2 needs batteries but does 100w, what does everyone recommend? I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sigelei 150w. Not too expensive and dirt cheap if you can get one second hand. Solid, simple, reliable workhorse.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not available yet from what I understand, but if you're willing to a) wait and b) guinea pig the new model, that might be a nice, affordable option - I have no personal experience but I've heard others saying good things about the existing IPV models.

I'm just going to +1 @Rommel here as well - I've had great luck with my Sig and have built several coils down to 0.2...

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not available yet from what I understand, but if you're willing to a) wait and b) guinea pig the new model, that might be a nice, affordable option - I have no personal experience but I've heard others saying good things about the existing IPV models.

I'm just going to +1 @Rommel here as well - I've had great luck with my Sig and have built several coils down to 0.2...
I'd do that if I could find one around the $67 I'm gonna spend on the IPV4. I don't mind waiting. The radio in my car came from Hong Kong so imagine that wait lol

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd do that if I could find one around the $67 I'm gonna spend on the IPV4. I don't mind waiting. The radio in my car came from Hong Kong so imagine that wait lol
Fair enough - most of the prices I'm seeing on the 100s (what I have) seem to still be in the $80 range...

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just remembered there's a VJ deal going now for a 100+ for $60 - its gold, but comes with a black sleeve...

VU Sponsors