Become a Patron!

Smok Nord - diy fix

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Nord and absolutely love it. Its perfect except for these reasons:

1.4 regular and 1.4 ceramic coils hit just a bit too week for me. The .6 are just a little too much, but I make it work for me.

The button protrudes too much and it constantly fires in my pocket. I fixed it by grinding the button down flush.

My next step is to try a stronger nic on the 1.4 coils, and then to try slightly lighter nic on the .6. I want the 1.4s to work because the battery life is just sooooo much better with the higher ohm.

I typically use 25-35mg salt nic juice.

Anyone have any input?

Last edited:

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Why don’t you turn it off when you’re putting it in your pocket? That’s what I do.

As for the coils, I only use 50mg nic salts regardless of which coil I use (I have a huge nicotine tolerance) but yes if you use a higher nicotine amount in your 1.4 coil you will get more of the vape I think you want.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
25mg salt liquid with the .6Ω coil is what I like. My biggest problem was with spillage inside, on the contact. I was pushing the pod in to far. Now I leave a tiny gap and it hasn't leaked since.

I've never had my Nord fire in my pocket. Atleast I don't think it's happened. I don't even turn it off. I suppose it's easy enough that I should..

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
25mg salt liquid with the .6Ω coil is what I like. My biggest problem was with spillage inside, on the contact. I was pushing the pod in to far. Now I leave a tiny gap and it hasn't leaked since.

I've never had my Nord fire in my pocket. Atleast I don't think it's happened. I don't even turn it off. I suppose it's easy enough that I should..

It doesnt leak from the coil, it leaks from the seam of where the clear plastic meets the black plastic of the pod.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why don’t you turn it off when you’re putting it in your pocket? That’s what I do.

As for the coils, I only use 50mg nic salts regardless of which coil I use (I have a huge nicotine tolerance) but yes if you use a higher nicotine amount in your 1.4 coil you will get more of the vape I think you want.

50mg worked well. So did 40. And the 5 clicks gets old.

VU Sponsors