Become a Patron!

Smok R40 Kit Questions.

So I got my kit about 2 months back and its awesome. Its easy to use and the settings are easy to mess with and setup everytime i switch coils or when i let friends use their tanks on it to try it out.

My problem I have run into is that my R40 Kit as im sure all of them did, came with a micro basic tfv4 atomizer. I think its 2.8ml capacity. Well the other day I cracked the glass while i was trying to clean the thing. I cant find anywhere nearby, Ive taken it to each shop and no one caries the glass for it. I havent been able to find them online either which is really odd. Maybe im looking for the wrong thing though as all my searches have pulled up 2.5ml or 3.5 ml glass for it. If anyone knows where i can buy a replacement glass peice please let me know. Im currently using it with an eGo one Mega tank until i can get mine fixed and I really dont like it on my r40 because after hitting it for more than 2 seconds it taste burnt so i have to take small hits like 2 or 3 at a time where i never had to do hat before :(

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.5https://www.google.com/search?site=.....1c.1.64.hp..0.11.818.0..0i131k1.Ngv0iL1aRT4

You can compare the search results to the following link to find vendors that ship from the USA;
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vendors-that-ship-from-usa.266680/

EDIT -- I take that back.
I see your dilemma.
The Smok TFV4 Basic holds 2.8ml and the closest the other version come is either 2.5ml or 3ml.
To make it even more unfortunate, even though there are extension tubes and replacement glass, to get the right size extension tube you have to buy a new tank.
Otherwise changing to either the 2.5ml OR the 3.5ml glass would be good.

Last edited:
So i could use either of those and not need extenders? If it comes down to it i probably could just get another tank i suppose. Question is my r40 goes between 0-40 watts max. What would be a good tank for it?

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
An alternate idea;
http://www.smokstore.us/Smok-Micro-TFV4-Sub-Ohm-Tank
Smok Micro TFV4 Sub Ohm Tank
Price: $21.00
Comes with extension tubes and replacement glass for the following sizes;
2.5ml,3.5ml,5.0ml so you could change your mind whenever you wanted on how much you wanted it to hold.
Myself, I like the 3.5ml.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The .3 CLP2 and the .25 STC2 coils are rated 30 - 60 watts.
I have 6 of these tanks and would replace any of them if they were to get lost, stolen, or broken.
Eleaf Melo III with the .9 cCell coils from Vaporessor are rated 20-35 watts.
HorizonTech Cerakoat with the .3 ClaptonX3 coils are rated 30-50 watts.
JoyeTech Cubis with the 1.5 coils are rated 8-20 watts if you like MTL or the .5 coil is rated 15-30 watts for DL.
Sense Herakles PLUS with the .4 coil is rated 35-100 watts.
Wotofo Steam Engine with the .7 coil is rated 30-50 watts.

Wow, I'm not good with low wattage coils, unfortunately I can't suggest many more than those.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So i could use either of those and not need extenders? If it comes down to it i probably could just get another tank i suppose. Question is my r40 goes between 0-40 watts max. What would be a good tank for it?
If I recall correctly you are currently using a short extension tube.
If you remove that and reduce to the 2.5ml tank, you'd be set without losing much at all.

If I recall correctly you are currently using a short extension tube.
If you remove that and reduce to the 2.5ml tank, you'd be set without losing much at all.
Im not using one to my knowledge. The one i currenlty have thats broken is the stock one the kit came with.

VU Sponsors