Become a Patron!

Smok tct tank

Just got my smok tct tank and my ipv4...before this setup I've tried tons of RDAS and mech mods and definitely not a newbie I recently fell in love with sub ohm tanks...guess I'm a lazy vapor. I started with an Atlantis...then a Delta II at that time they were amazing and new. Then I got a Arctic and loved it so much I bought 2. Now I got my smok tct and ipv4 and got in the temperature control game and expected to be blown away and I'm not lol any help? Tips or tricks? I haven't given up and gonna give it a few tanks before I really judge but just underwhelming so far

Morbidly-o-Beats

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the same set up also went through those same other tanks you mentioned. I gave away my arctic the starre was more to my liking, I max out the temp and joules and this set up has incredible flavor and puts out like a champ i love it.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got my smok tct tank and my ipv4...before this setup I've tried tons of RDAS and mech mods and definitely not a newbie I recently fell in love with sub ohm tanks...guess I'm a lazy vapor. I started with an Atlantis...then a Delta II at that time they were amazing and new. Then I got a Arctic and loved it so much I bought 2. Now I got my smok tct and ipv4 and got in the temperature control game and expected to be blown away and I'm not lol any help? Tips or tricks? I haven't given up and gonna give it a few tanks before I really judge but just underwhelming so far
It could be the Smok TCT not giving you as much flavor. I have one but have yet to use it because I don't have a TC mod. I have used the Smok VCT though however, and it's the same as the TCT just with kanthal coils. It has muted flavor. Before giving up on the TC, I'd try another tank or two first if I was you.

It could be the Smok TCT not giving you as much flavor. I have one but have yet to use it because I don't have a TC mod. I have used the Smok VCT though however, and it's the same as the TCT just with kanthal coils. It has muted flavor. Before giving up on the TC, I'd try another tank or two first if I was you.
I mean it's good but just good...definitely a bit muted as I've tried treasure island...raspberry ripple ice cream and good cookie in an arctic...Atlantis and the smok tct and it's my least flavorful vape. I gotta try the Atlantis nickel coils too. The tc doesn't seem to have the vapor production that I feel fill my lungs with other tanks either. The flavor gets better if I either close the airflow on the drip tip or use another drip tip but gets pretty hot that way since in my opinion the actual airflow on the tank itself is pretty restricted which explains the vapor production...thinking I may open up the corners of the airflow with a small drill bit

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mean it's good but just good...definitely a bit muted as I've tried treasure island...raspberry ripple ice cream and good cookie in an arctic...Atlantis and the smok tct and it's my least flavorful vape. I gotta try the Atlantis nickel coils too. The tc doesn't seem to have the vapor production that I feel fill my lungs with other tanks either. The flavor gets better if I either close the airflow on the drip tip or use another drip tip but gets pretty hot that way since in my opinion the actual airflow on the tank itself is pretty restricted which explains the vapor production...thinking I may open up the corners of the airflow with a small drill bit
Hmm...to me it has fine airflow...more than my Subtank Mini and/or Delta II, but it just lacks flavor. I agree with the airflow on the driptip, if it's open even the littlest bit it mutes the flavor. I think that's odd though because I've heard people talking about the new Atlantis v2 which has the same type-opening on the drip-tip and I've seen people say it increases vapor production and flavor. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought that's what I read on here somewhere. Oh well..best of luck trying the other things out. I would definitely give the Atlantis Ni coils a shot...either that or try a Subtank with Ni coils. The Delta II is the most flavorful tank I have ever tried myself...it even beats my Orchid and Kayfun.

I don't use a Atlantis v2 I use v2 coils on my original Atlantis with the afc ring removed and vapor production is almost unmatched and oddly enough with complaints on the Arctic once that 1st tank is done with that awful taste it's 1 of my most flavorfull vapes. On the smok tct it just seems like the coil blocks a lot of the airflow...I'm liking it more the more I use it though and getting adjusted to temp control. I'd get some nickel wire but honestly since the sub ohm tanks hit the scene I never drip anymore lol to much work

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well maybe it'll work it for you and just needed some time to get used to and broken in. Best of luck man. I'll be joining you in the TC eventually...have to wait for the vape budget to allow it, and also waiting for the TC technology to get a little better as well. Catch you around man!

Just a little update. That 1st coil I used must've just been bad...barely any airflow as I said withoutthe drip tip open. I haven't bout a 5 pack yet cuz I wanted to see how it performs. Finally tried my 2nd coil. The 1 that wasn't pre-installed and it's way better. Shame I had that 1 bad coil but this 1 is doing great. Good airflow and vapor production now and definitely a solid tank. Still on the fence if I should try another tank. Probably just get a 5 pack of coils for this and the vaporshark Atlantis coils

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My results are exactly the same. I think the preinstalled coils are jacked up. My Snow Wolf showed the coil reading all over the place. I moved it to my IPV4 and it leveled out but still wasn't dead on but better. Swapped to the second and it's all good as you mentioned. I'm holding off ordering more cause I'll have a Billow v2 in a couple days I'm looking forward to trying. I will say the TCT has no issues whatsoever with max VG or dry hits. That I like. I'm just still not sold on this prebuilt coil stuff so jury is still out for me and tanks. Every one I've tried which has been a lot of them still imo can't compare to a good dripper like my Velocity setup. Convenience is always a plus. Not gonna drop the TCT right away though. Want to give it more tanks and see how it stacks up to the Billow v2.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors