Become a Patron!

Smok

Sage013

Member For 1 Year
Not on the newer products it seems, which is not much help to me either as I don't have an iOS or Android device. Looks like you have to go through a long convoluted process on the after sales section of their website instead.

Personally, I'm going to get someone with iOs or Android to check for me. :)

Sage013

Member For 1 Year
The new Smok products don't have the scratch & sniff code on them anymore, only the image that needs scanning. That's the way my new Devilkin came. Not sure if this is applicable to all new Smok products or just some.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A little further research is showing this new system and people complaining it doesn't work. Problems with the App.

Sage013

Member For 1 Year
On iOS you have to manually authorise the app before you can open it. Something about it not being by an authorised distributor. The app isn't even in the Apple app store. I had a friend do mine today and it verified fine. :)

No idea with Android.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just tried to get the App off the App Store and Google and this is what I got.

The address wasn’t understood

Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (itms-services) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

You might need to install other software to open this address.

1b66ce1f-66a0-41cf-9ad8-daf27017959a.png

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Kind of sucks for people like me who only use a PC. My Smart Phone is used as phone and a camera if I need to do anything on the Web I use one of my PC's or my Laptop. Nice idea to combat counterfeiting but not very well thought out.

Bigfoot

Member For 1 Year
On iOS you have to manually authorise the app before you can open it. Something about it not being by an authorised distributor. The app isn't even in the Apple app store. I had a friend do mine today and it verified fine. :)

No idea with Android.

Not in google play either. And cant use a different bar code scanner. When i did it took me too a site and gave me the name of the mod.

VU Sponsors