Become a Patron!

Smoke alarm question when sub ohming

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So i have always been able to vape my kanger sub ohm .5 coil at 30 watts right near the smoke detector in my bedroom. As soon as i switched to a .25 low resistance coil and started vaping my smoke detector went off. The question is why if i when i had the 0.5 coil i could be close to the smoke detector and it wont go off, so how come if i change to the .25 coil now the smoke detector goes off even of im not as close to it when i had the other coild in the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could be your blowing a bigger thicker cloud with the .25..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, lower coil = more cloud, usually. I set one off at work yesterday using a 0.5 Arctic, but I was doing it intentionally...never seen one go off due to vape before that.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
Many modern smoke detectors use infrared beams.
Obstructions of that beam trigger an alarm.
More vapor is most likely the cause.

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I guess i have to chill out on the deep pulls, problem is im addicted to clouds and i think i need a cloud intervention. Lol

FlavoVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ha-ha...I blew a cloud in the basement and set off the smoke alarms in the house.....all of them...at like 2am. The wife wasn't happy at all. She said...that proves that it's smoke...lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought some shower caps like mentioned in this forum, and that worked to cover smoke detector from going off during vaping. I mean of you have several detectors it is a pain to put on shower caps , i just have one so its not a big deal.

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
YIKES! Thankfully I've not done that yet and my detectors are pretty high up. That would be expensive as our detectors are wired into a system that automatically calls the fire dept in the event of an alarm!

VU Sponsors