Become a Patron!

Smoke rings

So I used to be able to blow great smoke rings with a hookah using tobacco. Giant ones, ones that would go through another and so one and so on.
It's been a few years since I did any smoke rings but with a vape I can still blow smoke rings but first off they're kind of bottom heavy in that the bottom half of the O will be really thick and the top half really thin.
Is there a different trick to smoke rings off a vape than a hookah? Tobacco smoke and shisha flavouring seemed much more 'cohesive' and would hold together whereas vape 'smoke' seems to be easily pushed by air currents and the rings tend to fall apart quicker.

I make the usual O shape with my mouth and use my throat to roll a smoke ring out. With tobacco smoke this was easy, with a vape the first bit of 'smoke' that comes out is very thin, the second blows it away and by that point I have messy looking rings.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That dude is soaring but good. I need to find what he uses to clean his nozzles.

How to blow colorful smoke rings during hooka sessions?

I know most people use Photoshop to color the smoker rings.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use max VG with nicotine & can do vape rings. Don't do any colored ones. Not into competitions myself. Most often when vaping I just do the big old dragon exhale, out nose, mouth slow.

Colored rings? Like you I'd figure some fancy picture magics is going on. Reckon you could "launch" your rings against colored lights to look like colored rings.

Bah. To me that's just "too much".

I got used to it. Vapor is heavier at the bottom which is why they were so thin at the top. I've gotten round that now, I guess I was treating it too much like smoke initially.

As for comored vapor, some sites say to drop food coloring directly into the wick. I wouldn't expect that to work though as the coloring probably wouldn't vaporise. I doubt it's any good for your health either. Most videos seem to have multiple colors in one exhale too so it's probably edited in after.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
High VG with just a little distilled water (like 5 %) should work great. I'm not into this at all but have read threads where people have sensitivity to PG so use DW with VG instead.
BTW... please call them vapor rings not smoke rings.

VU Sponsors