Become a Patron!

Smokers who switch to vaping may have fewer respiratory infections, study reveals

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I didn't ever get a lot of colds, maybe 3 days once a year, but I haven't gotten a URI at all in three years since quitting.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Another one of those "may" headlines when reports from the real world seem rather more conclusive than that.

Personally, I'm coming up on 1000 days without so much as a plugged-up nostril or anything resembling the chronic bronchitis I had when I was smoking.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
asthmatic here who suffered from URI every year and had an as needed inhaler.... haven't need the inhaler or had an URI since vaping,
My dad, who passed away in June, a month shy of his 84th, was diagnosed with "emphysema", what COPD is called if you're a smoker, almost four years ago and was given oxygen and an inhaler and told he would need both the rest of his life. I got him to switch to vaping, and he needed neither most of the time and just used the inhaler once in a while.

For anyone inclined to ask, he passed away from metastatic prostate cancer that he ignored when my mom had a stroke last year (she passed away in December), unrelated to smoking. Curious, though, that his death was labelled as smoking related.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My dad, who passed away in June, a month shy of his 84th, was diagnosed with "emphysema", what COPD is called if you're a smoker, almost four years ago and was given oxygen and an inhaler and told he would need both the rest of his life. I got him to switch to vaping, and he needed neither most of the time and just used the inhaler once in a while.

For anyone inclined to ask, he passed away from metastatic prostate cancer that he ignored when my mom had a stroke last year (she passed away in December), unrelated to smoking. Curious, though, that his death was labelled as smoking related.
Great story ...thanks man my Dad died of COPD...by the way the FDA labels boating accidents as smoking related..as well as drownings, autoertoic strangulation and hunting accidents....

VU Sponsors