Become a Patron!

smoking e-cigarettes

Smokers for many years have always smoked paper cigarettes before smoking e-cigarettes. From the analysis of the composition, the damage of e-cigarettes is indeed lighter than that of paper cigarettes. Let me give you a popular science about the difference between e-cigarettes and traditional tobacco.

Electronic cigarettes are usually divided into two parts: electronic atomizers and nicotine-containing liquids (e-liquid). These two parts are similar to the relationship between pen and ink, syringe and medicine. The principle of electronic cigarettes is to atomize e-liquid

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 3 Years
As soon as I read what the dipshit wrote, I knew it was a return of our troll under yet another name. Hence, my response of the graphic. The jackass is almost as annoying as an autodialer that calls from a different number every time you block the number they call from.

MyMagicMist

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Smokers for many years have always smoked paper cigarettes before smoking e-cigarettes.

If you're smoking using a vaping device, you're doing it wrong. If you're so stupid to think vapers smoke, you're too stupid to talk with me. It takes two seconds, or less to learn vaping is not smoking using any search engine. Choosing not to do such basic research to me denotes stupidity. Ignorance is curable, stupidity which is a choice isn't.

Have a good one.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 3 Years
If you're smoking using a vaping device, you're doing it wrong. If you're so stupid to think vapers smoke, you're too stupid to talk with me. It takes two seconds, or less to learn vaping is not smoking using any search engine. Choosing not to do such basic research to me denotes stupidity. Ignorance is curable, stupidity which is a choice isn't.

Have a good one.
I can just see someone using a lighter to try to ignite one end of a vaping device to prove you wrong. What would be the appropriate response when it explodes in their face? It certainly wouldn't be pity. Laughter would me more likely, since the idiot since idiot would be doing it to prove a point that should not be made.... like trying to prove dynamite is an acceptable material for gender reveals.

MyMagicMist

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What would be the appropriate response when it explodes in their face?

*blank stare as they have a rescue squad called out in their behalf*

Yes, I ran as a volunteer E.M.T for a bit. Yes, I likely could offer at least basic life saving support. That aside well, ...

Not sure I would even be able to be the one phoning 911 in such a case though, much less offering care. Besides, my E.M.T certification has long since lapsed in my home state & got no such qualifications here.

I enjoyed doing it. Staying active though got to be untenable due to other aspects of living. We, me and wife, have moved a good bit over the years. Keeping trained up and maintaining certification kind of requires time & stability at a point.

Would feel sorrow they were that stupid. Would also feel anger at how that stupidity would instantly reflect ill on vapers in the media. Would not feel pity, compassion that another person is injured or possibly dead, yes. Pity, no.

So yes, a blank, neutral stare would likely be all I could muster. Remain calm, responsible, vape on. Not that I'm a cold heart s.o.b, or jerk. Spades are just sometimes spades. *shrugs*

Having seen a fair share of trauma & been involved in it during my life, has left me as one that doesn't rattle easily. That, military service combined may give me an appearance of being callous, cold, withdrawn.

Can assure there's deeper waters below the surface. I stay aloof because I care too much. In cognitive behavioral training speak that's called a means or way of coping. ;) :)

Psychologists really love me. :D I do their jobs for them. *chuckles* Recently a nurse apologized for asking me the battery of mental health questions. I responded, "honey, you and me both know I'm too damn lucid to be off the rails." She laughed and nodded.

They still have to ask, even in physical doctor visits. It's now a legal mandate, just in general and not specific to me. And now that I think on it, probably a mandate physical doctors encourage patients to find Jesus. *chuckles*

Got to laugh lest you do hop the rails.:)

Last edited:
Smokers for many years have always smoked paper cigarettes before smoking e-cigarettes. From the analysis of the composition, the damage of e-cigarettes is indeed lighter than that of paper cigarettes. Let me give you a popular science about the difference between e-cigarettes and traditional tobacco.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
:finger::xD::slowclap::facepalm::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::facepalm::slowclap::xD::finger:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 1 Year
:popcorn:

MyMagicMist

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
.... . .. ... _. .._ _ ... :)
.... . -.-- .- --··-- -... .- -.-. -.- .- - -.-. .... .- -·-·-- :)

.-. . -- --- ...- . -.-- --- ..- .-. -... .-. .- .. -. -- .- - . --··-- --.. --- -- -... .. . ... .-- --- -. ·----· - -... --- - .... . .-. -.-- --- ..- - .... . -. ·-·-·- ;)

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Have you been smoking the Tide Pods again?

MyMagicMist

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you been smoking the Tide Pods again?

I think they smoke the Gain Pods. Figured out the name branding was a lie myself. You don't gain a thing from smoking them. You can get tied up smoking the Tide Pods, though. Often, they send real cute looking guys in white scrubs with restraints. I'm telling you, man o' man some of them would look good in short skirts. I could be a daddy bear for sure. ;):D:)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
.. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / . -....- -.-. .. --. / .. ... / ... -- --- -.- .. -. --. / - ..- .-. -. / .. - / --- ..-. ..-. / .- -. -.. / ..-. .. -..- / .. - -.-.--

MyMagicMist

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
.. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / . -....- -.-. .. --. / .. ... / ... -- --- -.- .. -. --. / - ..- .-. -. / .. - / --- ..-. ..-. / .- -. -.. / ..-. .. -..- / .. - -.-.--
.. - -- .. --. .... - -... . - --- --- .-.. .- - . ·-·-·- - .... . .-. --- --- ..-. -- .. --. .... - -... . --- -. ..-. .. .-. . ·-·-·- .-. . -.-. -.- --- -. .. ·----· .-.. .-.. -. . . -.. - --- -.. --- -. -- -.-- -. .- ...- -.-- ..-. .. .-. . -- .- -. --- ..- - ..-. .. - ·-·-·-

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 1 Year
.. - -- .. --. .... - -... . - --- --- .-.. .- - . ·-·-·- - .... . .-. --- --- ..-. -- .. --. .... - -... . --- -. ..-. .. .-. . ·-·-·- .-. . -.-. -.- --- -. .. ·----· .-.. .-.. -. . . -.. - --- -.. --- -. -- -.-- -. .- ...- -.-- ..-. .. .-. . -- .- -. --- ..- - ..-. .. - ·-·-·-
Well there goes my afternoon! Wheres my geek glasses! Hey google "morse code" ......

Freyja

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
E-cigarettes contain nicotine,
or not.
Nicotine exposure can also harm adolescent and young adult brain development,
Asserted but not proven.
increase the risk of other types of addiction later in life.
Also asserted but not proven. Pure speculation.
E-cigarette aerosol can contain chemicals that are harmful to the lungs.
when sold on the black market for use with THC.
Nicotine is highly addictive
Not really. No more so than caffeine.
affect memory, concentration, learning, self-control, attention, and mood
Yes, it can improve them.
But no one here needs their mental functions improved in order to realize what you are.
Your mental functions, on the other hand...

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Press Corps
VU SWAT
Vaping puts nicotine into the body
Not all eliquid contains nicotine- I have been vaping zero nic for over a year now.
Also nicotine is not very addicting if I started out at 24 nic over 6 years ago and have completely cut nicotine out of my eliquid.
Not sure what your agenda is here but you will not get favorable responses to your posts here.
Vaping has helped me quit my 30+ year cigarette addiction- I have not had a single cigarette since December 1, 2014.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
E-cigarettes contain nicotine, which is addictive and toxic to developing fetuses. Nicotine exposure can also harm adolescent and young adult brain development, which continues into the early to mid-20s. E-cigarette aerosol can contain chemicals that are harmful to the lungs. E-cigarettes also known as vaping(Removed Spam Link)
Vaping puts nicotine into the body. Nicotine is highly addictive and can: slow brain development in teens and affect memory, concentration, learning, self-control, attention, and mood. increase the risk of other types of addiction later in life.
See:

page 53:
4. Nicotine
Introduction
Nicotine addictiveness
Nicotine delivery and dose
page 55:
Self-reported dependence
page 56:
Uptake among non-smokers
Nicotine effects
Other influences on addictiveness of nicotine products
page 57:
Typologies of nicotine users
Summary
page 58:
Nicotine safety
Nicotine toxicity
Health effects of nicotine use
page 59:
Recent studies assessing nicotine safety
page 60:
Foetal nicotine exposure
Adolescent nicotine exposure
page 61:
Summary
International developments
page 62:
Conclusions
Key findings
Implications
Research
Policy and practice

Also see:

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vaping has helped me quit my 30+ year cigarette addiction-

Thirty five year + cigarette addict here. I have had maybe five or six since I started vaping about 2014 to 2016. Not going to count two or three drags off a few, then passed on. I don't desire cigarettes any more, rather vape.

Know folks are saying nicotine isn't addictive. Can own up to being a touch physically & psychologically dependent. Not a nicotine addict though. I differentiate in that an addict will steal, lie, whatever needed to "get a fix".

But yes, I enjoy using nicotine. It helps me relax, what little I do. Caffeine does as well. Not a caffeine addict either and not quite a dependent on it any more. I used to enjoy ten to twelve full twelve cup pots a day. Now, if I maybe have three cups in a day I'm really pushing it. Most days I don't have an urge, but when I do, no decaf. Yes, I taste the difference. One of very few things I can.

Know it may seem I replaced one habit with another. Fine, maybe so. At least vaping is less harmful.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Press Corps
VU SWAT
I differentiate in that an addict will steal, lie, whatever needed to "get a fix".
Same here- but I used to plan my days and nights around cigarettes- how many I would need if I went here or there, my work breaks- driving 80 miles to the Rez every 6 weeks to get cartons, make sure I would have enough to get me thru the 6 weeks- just cigarettes seemed to control my life.
I agree that it may seem that I replaced one habit for another, but vaping is less harmful- I am hardly ever sick now, no coughing either, and my clothes,house,car and hair smell much better since I quit cigarettes.
Funny you mention Caffeine- when I started vaping I was able to cut my coffee consumption down to one cup a day instead of drinking 8- 10 cups a day- I stopped craving coffee too.

MyMagicMist

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Same here- but I used to plan my days and nights around cigarettes- how many I would need if I went here or there, my work breaks- driving 80 miles to the Rez every 6 weeks to get cartons, make sure I would have enough to get me thru the 6 weeks- just cigarettes seemed to control my life.
I agree that it may seem that I replaced one habit for another, but vaping is less harmful- I am hardly ever sick now, no coughing either, and my clothes,house,car and hair smell much better since I quit cigarettes.
Funny you mention Caffeine- when I started vaping I was able to cut my coffee consumption down to one cup a day instead of drinking 8- 10 cups a day- I stopped craving coffee too.

Caffeine is a stimulant, or so is said. Nicotine is a depressant, so is said. Folks used to say you would smoke to stop your nerves. Then, you drank coffee to keep going.

I'm wired up backwards. Coffee puts me to sleep. Vaping nicotine can too but it's not so much the nicotine as it is the ritual act. "Ah, I can enjoy some nicotine at this time. May as well get comfy, ah, uh oh zzzz."

I was in an elementary school all day today, running around. Got a little soma time. Still, even with my vape in my coat pocket, I didn't dare. Some places I might but not there, not during the day with kids.

Home now, so I can vape my heart content. :) Sitting on a bed corner. Ah, a bed I say? Huh, might need to try that out. ;) :)

VU Sponsors