Become a Patron!

Smoking Mod in ATL Airport Security Check

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's always the 10%, fucking idiots fuck it up for everyone.

Majority of the problem are those that Hype it. In all reality 10% are morons that don't have sense enough to pour piss out of their own boot. But out of those 10% there are the 10% that shit goes sideways and make the news.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
What a doofus.
How hard would it have been to put that set of batteries into a plastic case before putting the mod into the bag?

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only thing he knew was that the bag was billowing smoke. Instead of being paralyzed with fear, running away, or passing the buck, he jumped into action and put himself directly into harms way to protect others.

That man is a legitimate hero.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only thing he knew was that the bag was billowing smoke. Instead of being paralyzed with fear, running away, or passing the buck, he jumped into action and put himself directly into harms way to protect others.

That man is a legitimate hero.
No the man was able to do his job without freaking out. The term "Hero" is so over used today for people doing their jobs. A Hero is one who goes way outside the confines of just doing their job. A Hero is one with no regards to their own life risks everything for others.

Here's a Hero
http://www.badassoftheweek.com/daly.html

Here's another Hero
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oskar_Schindler

There are a number of Hero's throughout history and the complete over use of Hero today IMO is so disrespectful of actual Hero's.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I disagree. His job isn't to pick up what could very well have been an explosive laden device and carry it out with his bare hands. Pretty sure they're not trained to do that.

Yeah, in the grand scheme of things this wasn't a particularly dangerous scenario, but he didn't know that when he went for it to get it out of there.

Credit where credit is due. Most wouldn't have done what he did.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I disagree. His job isn't to pick up what could very well have been an explosive laden device and carry it out with his bare hands. Pretty sure they're not trained to do that.
Yeah, in the grand scheme of things this wasn't a particularly dangerous scenario, but he didn't know that when he went for it to get it out of there.
Credit where credit is due. Most wouldn't have done what he did.

I wouldn't call him a Hero but like I said he went above and beyond his job description. IMO he put his own life on the line so to speak to get that smoking package out of the terminal so no people could have been injured or killed. To me it doesn't matter that it was some dumbass who put his MOD in the luggage. He put his own safety second to protect others. And I also believe that is against the rules and I think the owner of the luggage should receive a hefty fine~!

VU Sponsors