Become a Patron!

so far, so good

katykatkat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all, I've been lurking around this site for 20 days now (20 smoke free days, that is!) I've decided it's time to say hi and to ask a couple questions.
I bought an ego one mini, I like it, it seems to be doing the trick but I know I won't want to keep it forever. Can I make changes to it to improve it or is it basically a matter of eventually buying a new device? The tank is quite small and I seem to have to mess with the air flow a lot. Another question - is it possible to charge the battery too much? I pretty much put it on the charger whenever I know I won't be able to use it for a while. Can that hurt the battery? How long does a battery tend to last?
I'm loving trying new juices, trying to keep myself out of the shop so I stop buying new ones - like I said, I've only been at this for 20 days and I just bought my 5th bottle of juice. I can't seem to stop myself - they're so tasty!
This is the first forum I've ever joined, I'm looking forward to hearing from you fine folks out there!

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! Congrats on 20 days smoke free!

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hello and congrats , keep it up ! Any battery has so many full cycles in it,s life . But that may be like splitting hairs , as far as your concerned .

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to V/U and congrats on your quit. I always run my batteries down to around 3.4 or 3.5 volts before I charge.I am sure others will chime in with more lnfo

katykatkat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to V/U and congrats on your quit. I always run my batteries down to around 3.4 or 3.5 volts before I charge.I am sure others will chime in with more lnfo
Hi, I have nothing that indicates what the voltage is at. I think my wee ego is pretty bare bones!

Good deal. Don't know about the eGo One battery though. You can always upgrade in the future. Maybe you'll want to make your own juice in the future too and save money. Glad your here.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats on the 20 days, 21 now. It's easy to succumb to shinyitis/tastyitis bug, might want to think about a budget. Of course, I myself has been on a juice buying binge lately.........

katykatkat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't see myself making my own juice - so many good ones out there to buy. I've cut myself off until mid-October for any more purchases. We'll see how that goes. Right now I'm vaping a juice that is described as "Vanilla custard and jelly-filled deep-fried donut sprinkled in powdered sugar. Very thick, rich and complex flavour that suits the sweet tooth in a lot of us. From the fruitiness of the four berries in the jelly to the soft and fluffy dough of the donut, you will find something that satisfies you in a not-so-guilt inducing way." I can't believe just a few weeks ago I thought cigarettes were tasty!
In time, I know I'll upgrade from my ego mini, I don't get nearly the same flavor from it than when I'm at the B&M sampling.

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU! Congrats on smoke free and keep up the good work!

bama88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It Amazed me how tasty juices were.....when I first started I used watermelon. It's my favorite flavor. I am addicted to watermelon jolly rancher candy. And after a few weeks my taste buds came alive, and I wanted an array of flavors....watermelon is still a favorite but I branched out....I was constantly in vape store paying premium prices than started looking around on line at vendors, so much variety and cheaper....I found I can get it cheaper so I can try more flavors. Also found gear was cheaper online. My vape stores charge double for prices of tanks, batteries and coils. Learned to plan ahead to feed my juice addiction and now get big bottles of favorites. But I'll never have too much juice. I'm thinking about d.i.y. But it scares me.

There's so many great people here that are willing to give there precious time to teach us newbies the ropes. Love it
Welcome.

katykatkat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It Amazed me how tasty juices were.....when I first started I used watermelon. It's my favorite flavor. I am addicted to watermelon jolly rancher candy. And after a few weeks my taste buds came alive, and I wanted an array of flavors....watermelon is still a favorite but I branched out....I was constantly in vape store paying premium prices than started looking around on line at vendors, so much variety and cheaper....I found I can get it cheaper so I can try more flavors. Also found gear was cheaper online. My vape stores charge double for prices of tanks, batteries and coils. Learned to plan ahead to feed my juice addiction and now get big bottles of favorites. But I'll never have too much juice. I'm thinking about d.i.y. But it scares me.

There's so many great people here that are willing to give there precious time to teach us newbies the ropes. Love it
Welcome.
Hi, I really doubt I'll ever dyi. I don't have a lot of interest in that sort of thing. Really, my specialty in the kitchen is ice making!
I get that I pay more at the b&m but I'm okay with doing that for now. They've been really great to me, super helpful and really don't care if I try every single flavor - I'm willing to pay a premium for that. They've also given me great discounts on most of my purchases - I think they get that they have a loyal customer in me.
I'm in Canada but am going to the US in a couple months. While I'm there, I'll likely upgrade my equipment. It's soooooo much less expensive so I'll make make an exception about where I spend my cash.

bama88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great......I was just sharing my experience. And I too use my vape store.......it's nice to be waited on lol...and learn from more experienced. I'm a cheap skate so I try to save........I'm so proud you quit smoking yeah

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Glitters-62.gif

katykatkat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great......I was just sharing my experience. And I too use my vape store.......it's nice to be waited on lol...and learn from more experienced. I'm a cheap skate so I try to save........I'm so proud you quit smoking yeah
Thanks Bama, it feels great to be off cigs! It's amazing how how much more enjoyable vaping is compared to smoking. I wish I'd started years ago. Oh well, I'm doing it now so good enough!

VU Sponsors