Become a Patron!

So little discussion of Yihi SxMini M class and other boards like SX350???

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Seems to me the Yihi brand has been grossly overlooked in the vapor community for quite some time now. Going back about 6 months or so I purchased an SX350 v2 for a DIY and have been very impressed with it's performance from the get go. In fact retiring one of my DNA 30's and turning the SX350 into my go to device. Now I have ordered an SxMini M class and currently waiting for it's arrival in hopes it will replace my other DNA 30.

But the question I have is I find it's almost difficult finding threads on the SxMini M class as well as the SX350 and IMO they are the top of the class in the industry at the moment. So why so little discussion about this manufacturer and these boards? I see tons of threads on Evolv, Provape, Pioneer, Cloupor but so little on Yihi. Some of those threads are really not showing the manufactures in such good light either, however they continue to have a loyal following. So is it price, features, stigma being made in china, my poor ability to search?

IDK but from the threads I have found about them most of the time the poster has been very satisfied with their product so I'm at a loss.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
we mainly stick to facebook...sx mini brotherhood page...
in the forums its too easy to get trolled, bad info from people posing as owners, or trash talk from evolv owners...
plus the "joules" is throwing folks...
lots of us own dna 40's and sx mini "c" and "m" class and are doing our own comparisons...
its an expensive unit, temp protection is in its infancy, lots of folks are having difficulties with the learning curve of nickel, lots of atty's dont lend themselves very well to nickel builds...
closed groups with less drama tend to allow us to get through difficulties quicker...
if folks who own sx 350 and sx 350 mini's mods/boards want to start an info thread here, it would be awesome, just dont see it happening for a bit...,

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought an SX350 chip when they were at 30 watts. (flashed it to 60 watts now) Built it into a hana clone box and have been using it ever since. It is a rock solid chipset. Highly recommend it. Actually it gets used more than any other mod I own. Only drawback is single 18650. Thought about rebuilding it as a dual but decided I'll just get the mini chip with temp control when it becomes available. Can't justify the time on the old chip as the enclosure is beaten up. Opened more beers with it than any bottle opener I own. Works good as new. It's definately earned sentimental value for me.

dankrips

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm waiting for the chip, I can't wait to make a box with it.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just want the board any idea when it will be up for sale?

ablepharous

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just be aware the temp control mode on supports the 50J and will not do 120W. This info is based off the info on vaitubes site for the extended tubes.

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I bought an SX350 chip when they were at 30 watts. (flashed it to 60 watts now) Built it into a hana clone box and have been using it ever since. It is a rock solid chipset. Highly recommend it. Actually it gets used more than any other mod I own. Only drawback is single 18650. Thought about rebuilding it as a dual but decided I'll just get the mini chip with temp control when it becomes available. Can't justify the time on the old chip as the enclosure is beaten up. Opened more beers with it than any bottle opener I own. Works good as new. It's definately earned sentimental value for me.

I did the same but I've moved the electronics into several different enclosures. Finally settled on a Vapedroid B2-S1 dual and it's been my go to device. Received the SXmini yesterday and loving it even more. Size, quality, feel, looks, features are just perfect. Temco was slow to ship my ni200 so I haven't been able to test out the temperature protect yet but using it as a vv/vw device has been fantastic.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Expecting my m class to arrive any day. Then the expected nickel learning curve will kick in

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Not an SX350, but my iPV3 and iPV Mini 2 both have SX330 variations and I've been nothing but pleased with them. The Mini 2 eats through batteries even at 45 watts, 55 and it's just a battery killer, but that should be expected. I'm very pleased with YIHI, I'm gonna be watching the iPV4 intently. I've almost preordered one a couple of times, but am forcing myself to wait. I think P4Y has an undeserved bad reputation, and maybe that's part of it, however, Sigelei is seemingly loved by all, and they have YIHI chips, so, I don't know. I'm a fan.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Seems to me the Yihi brand has been grossly overlooked in the vapor community for quite some time now. Going back about 6 months or so I purchased an SX350 v2 for a DIY and have been very impressed with it's performance from the get go. In fact retiring one of my DNA 30's and turning the SX350 into my go to device. Now I have ordered an SxMini M class and currently waiting for it's arrival in hopes it will replace my other DNA 30.

But the question I have is I find it's almost difficult finding threads on the SxMini M class as well as the SX350 and IMO they are the top of the class in the industry at the moment. So why so little discussion about this manufacturer and these boards? I see tons of threads on Evolv, Provape, Pioneer, Cloupor but so little on Yihi. Some of those threads are really not showing the manufactures in such good light either, however they continue to have a loyal following. So is it price, features, stigma being made in china, my poor ability to search?

IDK but from the threads I have found about them most of the time the poster has been very satisfied with their product so I'm at a loss.
ive been an evolve fanboy since the dna30 release. I bought an ipv70 a month ago thinking it would be my beater and I could leave the dna40s at home for certain situations. I was so impressed with the boards performance I preordered the sx350j. the dna40 mods will be all but retired. this thing is amazing.

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
just got the m class...
using it with a subtank and nickel prebuilts from vaporshark...
28.5 joules, 480 degrees, .14 ohm coil, ...
really nice flavor
mod is super sharp looking, feels good in the hand
the battery plug is a tad gritty
but overall im a happy camper

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
just got the m class...
using it with a subtank and nickel prebuilts from vaporshark...
28.5 joules, 480 degrees, .14 ohm coil, ...
really nice flavor
mod is super sharp looking, feels good in the hand
the battery plug is a tad gritty
but overall im a happy camper
I

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Received my SXmini M class Monday afternoon. This thing is beautifully designed. Everything about it is almost perfect IMO. Received my Ni200 wire yesterday then began testing TC and it was flawless. Tank went empty then puff after puff after puff it continued to produce less & less vapor / flavor before finally "Dry Coil" no dry hits, tank was completely empty and no cotton burning. Anxiously awaiting some good technical reviews as to the accuracy of the device.

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ive been an evolve fanboy since the dna30 release. I bought an ipv70 a month ago thinking it would be my beater and I could leave the dna40s at home for certain situations. I was so impressed with the boards performance I preordered the sx350j. the dna40 mods will be all but retired. this thing is amazing.

Yea I had two DNA 30's, I've given one to my stepson and the other to my wife. They're both fairly casual vapors so should last them a good long time. My go to devices now are my SX350 v2 and my SXmini M class.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Received my SXmini M class Monday afternoon. This thing is beautifully designed. Everything about it is almost perfect IMO. Received my Ni200 wire yesterday then began testing TC and it was flawless. Tank went empty then puff after puff after puff it continued to produce less & less vapor / flavor before finally "Dry Coil" no dry hits, tank was completely empty and no cotton burning. Anxiously awaiting some good technical reviews as to the accuracy of the device.
Damn you... I'm gonna wind up ordering an iPV 4 soon, it's inevitable. I need to read more about building with Nickel wire.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Building with nickel is really easy, it just takes patience. And learning that you can't yank your wick when it does need changing.
Tempered ni200 is almost like working with kanthal but you can't dryburn it.
You have to remember angry people and negativity is alot louder than happy people and those of us that figured it out and got past the learning the curve. It's just not worth the argument if I'm already happy with what I'm doing.
With the DNA 40, I only did a single coil build, 11-13 wraps with 28g landed me at or around a 0.1.
The sx350, works well at a 0.06(ish) so I'm still playing with dual builds to find a sweet spot; but I use the same single coil builds right now while I'm comparing the two..not that there is much of a comparison. This board makes evolv look as outdated as provape

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yea I had two DNA 30's, I've given one to my stepson and the other to my wife. They're both fairly casual vapors so should last them a good long time. My go to devices now are my SX350 v2 and my SXmini M class.
I'm planning to keep my dna40(the actual vsdna40, the small one). It's at ocd right now getting a cerkote finish and custom paint job, so that alone makes me want to keep it, but it'll be strictly for using my SOV TANk and aquav2, those are my all day vapes. This bad boy will be for everything else! I'm so blown away, I already ordered a second one. This thing had me speechless at first vape. Like when I went from an ego to a DNA mod.

Last edited:

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Me Too !!
I asked for sizes of the board. Hopefully onedesign1 will measure and post so I can start figuring out my box.

Did you get the board or dimensions yet? I've been thinking about building one as well but not sure if the dimensions are the same as the S class or not.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you get the board or dimensions yet? I've been thinking about building one as well but not sure if the dimensions are the same as the S class or not.
No not a word from onedesign1. Busy I guess.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@nodor... where did you order your chip?

i would love to transplant one of these into a clouper mini box

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@2c5000 varitube for 79.99. Can't wait for it to get here. In canada now so should get it sometime this week. Wanted to get dimentions so I would have a box ready but I will probably use what I have around. I have a couple of hana clone boxes so I will slap it in one of them initially. That has it + and - thou. Plus--- Its not another new vape device just a repair (from wifes perspective teehee) Minus--- only one 18650 and once its built I will tend to procrastinate tearing down and starting fresh.

Vap3on

Member For 4 Years
Onedesign @ Varitube posted the board dimensions 3 or 4 weeks ago.

I posted comparisons with the 350 mini its pretty much the same size.

@ECF

22e46d4acd72e3c483ea6c92a5e7786c.jpg

008d54d4269b82b7dbad3fefd5d646bf.jpg

35e09e8f099cbe4fe83fde7dfbeb6de8.jpg

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@2c5000 varitube for 79.99. Can't wait for it to get here. In canada now so should get it sometime this week. Wanted to get dimentions so I would have a box ready but I will probably use what I have around. I have a couple of hana clone boxes so I will slap it in one of them initially. That has it + and - thou. Plus--- Its not another new vape device just a repair (from wifes perspective teehee) Minus--- only one 18650 and once its built I will tend to procrastinate tearing down and starting fresh.

thanks for the heads up.

im new to the vv/vw and TC stuff so this will be my first build. i would really like to install one of these into a clouper mini or IPV mini. seeing the dimensions above... is that doable?

newb question... my goal is to eliminate the coil from ever getting red hot. i dont need to dial in temp necessarily. can this be achieved by a vv/vw device alone? or is TC the only way to achieve this?

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks for the heads up.

im new to the vv/vw and TC stuff so this will be my first build. i would really like to install one of these into a clouper mini or IPV mini. seeing the dimensions above... is that doable?

newb question... my goal is to eliminate the coil from ever getting red hot. i dont need to dial in temp necessarily. can this be achieved by a vv/vw device alone? or is TC the only way to achieve this?
On the first question =. I don't own either of those mods so I couldn't say. But I bet someone around here has the anwser to your question.
On the second question. Your coil should never get anywhere near red hot on any device you use. Red hot is in the neighborhood of 1200 degrees. As long as you have enough juice in your wick you are good to go. When you push more watts to your coil you need more juice to keep the coil cooler. If you don't have enough cooling (airflow or juice) Coil temp rises and can easily reach red hot. Basically temperature limiting makes it automaticly reduce wattage to prevent your coil from burning your wick or juice.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pulled the trigger on one tonight.

Was calling out to me all day and i ultimately just couldn't resist.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the first question =. I don't own either of those mods so I couldn't say. But I bet someone around here has the anwser to your question.
On the second question. Your coil should never get anywhere near red hot on any device you use. Red hot is in the neighborhood of 1200 degrees. As long as you have enough juice in your wick you are good to go. When you push more watts to your coil you need more juice to keep the coil cooler. If you don't have enough cooling (airflow or juice) Coil temp rises and can easily reach red hot. Basically temperature limiting makes it automaticly reduce wattage to prevent your coil from burning your wick or juice.

i should have specified... im using esolids not juice. and i use RXW so i know my wick isnt burning. i do however want to keep my coils from getting red hot. it does happen on occasion and id like to eliminate this. can a vv/ve device accomplish this or am i looking at TC?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ran the sx mini at 110W with a dual parallel build in a clit3 and mako war or most of the day when I wasn't dripping I was running a dual ni200 build at 0.067 in my aquav2 ...

I cannot find a singe complaint with the mod or board. not one!!!!!!!
...this thing is simply AMAZING!!!!!!!!
temporary_zpsmqvxvyuz.jpg

temporary_zpsim2jrrr1.jpg

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Picking mine up either tonight or tomorrow. Pretty stoked about it

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine today. Only one build on my Lemo Drop and a single coil on the dripper so far, but initial impression is leaving me pretty satisfied with the purchase.

Assuming i don't have any screen issues or the like pop up in the near future, this is pretty much what i had been hoping for out of a TC for a while now. Has that "worth what you paid for it/Provari" quality feel to it that the VS simply lacked imo.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so these are 80 bucks eh?

i think i am going to order one. REALLY want TC and it sounds like this chip is the best option for that.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's what did it to me....I'd never spent that much on a single mod in fact I was kinda spooked doing it. After getting it though I've no regrets
Happened to me with the VaporFlask :D Damn good mod.

VU Sponsors