Become a Patron!

So, thinking of trying a subtank.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people, I got my sigelei today along with the nautilus, which is amazing. I get great flavour from it, and clouds are huge.

Thing is, people are recommending the subtank mini or nano, which I can get in a couple of weeks. My device goes up to 30 watts, I was just wondering due to the subtank being 0.5Ohm will I have to use higher wattage, or can I still use lower watts? I'm worried If I have to push it to 30 all the time it will damage it or something.

Anyone more experienced would be a great help.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The Subtank will work great for you.

I would recommend the Mini for the simple reason it comes with an RBA head and when the time comes when you want to try your hand at building your own coil and wick assemblies, you do not need to get a new tank.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great to hear! I will use the nautilus till next payday, then get a subtank to try out. And thanks uncle RJ, I will for the potential to rebuild, as thats something I want to get into eventually.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You have caught the bug. Vaping can become an addiction. Everyone says it's cheaper than smoking, I am not so sure about that. I have the siegelie min too and really enjoy it with the sub tank nano. Welcome.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a subtank Mini ( get this one) on a Istick 30 with a Twisted subohm coil I made a while back. Works incredibly well. Be sure you dremel out the juice holes on the RBA to ensure a better flow of liquid.

B1EBEA2C-AE25-4928-86DC-9BDCDE521F89-13845-00000564F09FF78D_zpsjujpvshn.jpg

Nice and compact.

208B4D4C-67C8-40EF-AB1F-C678B14151AB-9653-000003B21A5DC9D7_zpsdp1qiuwr.jpg

Last edited:

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you see a lot of people that signatures on how much they are saving on cigs. I wonder if we can create a signature on how much we spend on vaping LOL. Seriously the Kanger Subtank Mini is a great starter tank and gives you the option of rebuilding yourself if you want to go to that level

AZ4running

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I mainly use the Subtank Plus either in my iStick mini or Sigelei both 30w boxes. I love it with the mini rba it rocks. It will blow away you Aspire tank. I run minewith a .5 coil at 20-25 watts no problem, i can even run it at the full 30w and get a nice warm vape with great flavor. Get the Subtank mini and dont look back you wont regreat it. I just ordered the Kanger SubBox kit to add to my collection. I also have 2 Nanos but the OCC coils are unreliable so I gave up on them.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I mainly use the Subtank Plus either in my iStick mini or Sigelei both 30w boxes. I love it with the mini rba it rocks. It will blow away you Aspire tank. I run minewith a .5 coil at 20-25 watts no problem, i can even run it at the full 30w and get a nice warm vape with great flavor. Get the Subtank mini and dont look back you wont regreat it. I just ordered the Kanger SubBox kit to add to my collection. I also have 2 Nanos but the OCC coils are unreliable so I gave up on them.
I am noticing that with the OCC coils lately too. I am hoping I just got a pack of clones and they will go back to being good again.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you see a lot of people that signatures on how much they are saving on cigs. I wonder if we can create a signature on how much we spend on vaping LOL. Seriously the Kanger Subtank Mini is a great starter tank and gives you the option of rebuilding yourself if you want to go to that level
I do that with the sig thing, and force myself to look at it before slamming through another $100+ on the credit card...though these days it's more about DIY flavors than hardware. 100 just isn't enough, is it?

Also +1 on the Subtank Mini - good setup to sub-ohm at less than 30 watts, mine is happy between 17 and 25.
I've found poking a couple holes in the cotton at the juice flow ports helps the OCC coils immensely - couldn't go above 17 watts or chain vape before doing this, now I can rock continuous hits up to 30 no problem, though the sweet spot is still closer to 25 for me...

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Added a little color for the roommate today to keep her gear looking fresh but not overly obnoxious...

61ABD789-8800-4039-BC78-C83D12AA91E2-3588-0000016509C8502D_zpszm8n0kgz.jpg

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have both... I don't use either very often but I would not say the subtank blows the aspire away..

I actually prefer the Aspire V2 over the Subtank..

VU Sponsors