Become a Patron!

Some advice for a unique sort of issue.?

Good afternoon,

I've always wanted a billet box style device however as most of them up until recently where rebuildables I couldn't go for one. I suffer from a neurological disease so I have poor dexterity and hand strength. I recently found out that I can now purchase a bp mods boro or 520 boro which can take stock coils! This personally is fantastic news for me. I'm now wondering could you please give me some recommendations on a good quality boro mod.? I currently mtl vape and my favourite device is the vaporesso xros 3 with the 0.6ohm pods if I could replicate this type of vape I'd be delighted. I have looked at the tita x and the aio cthulhu however as I'm a complete noob I'd appreciate any recommendations on a suitable boro mod.

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm now wondering could you please give me some recommendations on a good quality boro mod.?
Not very knowledgeable about that type of mod but did happen to see just yesterday a very positive review of the SXmini Vi Class. You can find it on YouTube by DJLsb Vapes.
Also, a lot of folks seem to like the DotAIO by DotMod. There are a few versions you can see on the dotmod website.

Good luck.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Cthulhu, sxk, and vandyvape all have boro mods that are good

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Tita comes in two formats, the dot and regular Boro versions. Make sure you know which one you’re interested in.

For the price, the Pulse AIO is a good option for someone getting into this, you can choose the 21700 or the new smaller 18650. Vandy vape also makes good coils, I’m just not sure if they make a mtl option, definitely worth researching.

Once you have a boro device and boro tank your options for using stock coils are much better than years past, there are many bridge adapters out there for anything from nautilus coils to Vaporesso coils.

aerodan

Member For 3 Years
Reddit Exile
I have the XROS 3 as well, and often use their 0.6 coils with my slightly sweeter juices. Good little device for travel! Anyway, the boro mod that seems to keep me satisfied recently is the good old trusted Billet Box with an Atemporal RBTA. I have a real Billet Box (amongst other things) that I purchased last year and it has been flawless with the Atemporal. SXK makes a more budget friendly version, albeit a clone that I haven't personally used. The up and coming daily successor for me to the Billet Box is going to be a 21700 Cthulu, for the extra battery time. I'd like to order more of the old QBix boros, which has so far been the best experience of any - but they stopped making them :-/

Good luck. One nice thing about the Atemporal is that the build deck is rather large for a boro, and easier in my opinion to build. Total opinion, YMMV,. Wishing you good health!

Thank you all kindly for taking the time to reply it's greatly appreciated. Out of interest as I'm based in the UK how would I go about getting my hands on a new or newish billet box.?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you all kindly for taking the time to reply it's greatly appreciated. Out of interest as I'm based in the UK how would I go about getting my hands on a new or newish billet box.?

If you don't mind SXK clones, try www.provapes.com

I've ordered from them quite a few times with never a problem. Very good service and order accuracy. And the SXK BBs are far from being junk.

If you do buy an SXK, don't try to use authentic screws. Stick with SXK screws. Also some drip tips aren't interchangeable.

VU Sponsors