Become a Patron!

Some people are just so confused

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was at my favorite bar this morning, vaping at my table as usual - with the owner's permission. The barman was chit-chatting with an old lady who had just come back from outside after a smoke. I couldn't hep overhearing:

"What is this guy doing? Vaping?"
"Yeah, it's not smoking so we let him."
"Oh yeah? That's great! I tried it once, but without the nicotine in cigarettes, it's not the same. Still, good for him! But I hear there are liquids with nicotine in them: if he was vaping that, I'd call the cops right now! Cuz ya know, he don't have the right to pollute me with his second-hand nicotine!!"

Riiiight... I was about to butt in the conversation, to suggest to the lady that she try nic juice to quit smoking, but I suddenly thought better of it...

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd say she needed to be educated. Same mentality many have and that is the problem, along with closed minds. Also funny she was worried about second hand nicotine, as she put it, after just coming in from smoking a cigarette. TFF

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Believe me, if you had seen the old hag, you would've know she wasn't about to let herself be educated. Typical old person with a "damn kids" attitude, and unshakeable certainties...

And yeah, a smoker complaining about nicotine pollution... The mind boggles :)

VU Sponsors