Become a Patron!

Something wrong with my setup?

FlavorOverClouds

Member For 1 Year
I have a VandyVape Lit RDA, dual coil, set up with 2x .45-ohm Fused Clapton coils(TWIST) from a Coil Master kit. In my Aegis Max, the RDA is reading the resistance at .79-ohms. What am I doing wrong? The coils both fire evenly from the center outward. I have tried this on another mod with the same readings. I was thinking this should bring down the resistance to somewhere around .20 - .25 ohm. I have two more of these coils and was planning to try them in a TFV12 with the RTA build deck.

What am I doing wrong?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How hard did you tighten the post screws? The two core wires twisted together in these coils are 28g Kanthal A1, and the outer wrap wire that is clapton'd around these two cores is 32g Kanthal A1 so, the clamp system of the Lit has to put enough pressure on the legs of these coils such that the legs get squeezed reasonably flat in order for the multiple strands of wire to make good contact with each other and the slots of the clamp.

Just in case something is wrong with the RDA, after 6:00 in this video you can see what goes where:

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a VandyVape Lit RDA, dual coil, set up with 2x .45-ohm Fused Clapton coils(TWIST) from a Coil Master kit. In my Aegis Max, the RDA is reading the resistance at .79-ohms. What am I doing wrong? The coils both fire evenly from the center outward. I have tried this on another mod with the same readings. I was thinking this should bring down the resistance to somewhere around .20 - .25 ohm. I have two more of these coils and was planning to try them in a TFV12 with the RTA build deck.

What am I doing wrong?
Aside from the good advice you've already received, if I had an RDA reading what I didn't think it should, my first two steps would be....put the RDA on another mod to see if it still reads high, check to see if the 510 pin on the bottom of the RDA is loose.

Good luck ?

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Did you over tighten the screws holding the coils id start ther.

FlavorOverClouds

Member For 1 Year
Too tight or not tight enough. I will be more careful next time. Thanks for the tips.

I only want it to taste amazing. Is that too much to ask?

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Too tight or not tight enough. I will be more careful next time. Thanks for the tips.

No,, Not to much to ask. But not always easy to achieve...lol. just keep at it and learn from mistakes.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Ah, for that we sacrifice three virgin goats & half a dozen chicken. I'm joking of course. As said, keep at it & eventually you'll get it. Vaping can at times be persnickety, for anyone.

Apologies for altering the last line in the paragraph above. Did not intend to infer anyone was best, worst. My intention was a turn of phrase to illustrate vaping can be a quagmire at times for anyone.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors