Become a Patron!

'Sorry about the death': Should Pa. balance its budget off smokers trying to quit?

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
What they're not telling anyone is that the tax on vapestuff is unlikely to produce even the paltry $13.3 million that they estimate, and if it did, that wouldn't be a drop in their revenue bucket. The real purpose of this tax is to kill off the vape industry in PA and keep people smoking. They need to do that to keep their MSA funds and much more lucrative $2.60/pack cigarette tax funds flowing.

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The problem i am seeing is the tax is not the only thing killing the vape industry in Pennsylvania. The way i read most of these articles is that the shops now have to go through licensed wholesalers in which there aren't any. Correct me if I am wrong but now that the FDA calls vaping a "tobacco product" doesn't that make it impossible to become a wholesaler of an unapproved FDA product? Moreover, any citizen taking it upon themselves to go to another state for vape or cigarette supplies is now liable to pay that tax on their own. The consequence for not doing so is a fine and upto 30 days in prison. They are now criminalizing vaping. Where any product with a battery and switch can be considered a "device" based on principal functionality. This has all been handed down by a state who is now allowing extraction of natural gas without an extraction tax that all other states already have. Watching this unfold is ridiculous. This is oppression from those in power and wealthy. To quote John f Kennedy "those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." This does not stand only for vaping but all of the latest oppression our government and the wealthy are committing.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors