Spider-Man: Kevin Feige Reveals That Happy Hogan Originally Died in Iron Man 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
It looks as though Happy Hogan almost didn’t survive the events of Iron Man 3.

During an interview with Comicbook.com, Marvel boss Kevin Feige and Spider-Man: No Way Home star Jon Favreau explained what nearly happened:

“There was a little difference in the script than the final movie, which was that Happy died,” said Feige. “Jon had a note — that is one of the most important notes he gave us at Marvel — which was, 'What if Happy was severely injured but did not die?’”

During the events of Iron Man 3, Happy Hogan (Jon Favreau) is critically injured and put into a coma during a terrorist attack by The Mandarin at the TCL Chinese Theatre.

Thankfully, Happy survived, eventually returning in Spider-Man Homecoming as Peter Parker’s aide – assigned to him by his mentor, Tony Stark. But things could have been very different.

“He's not lying! It's true, it's true,” added Favreau. “They accommodated it, and I'm so happy I've been a part of this, and being able to be there with Tom Holland since the beginning. He's such a pleasure to work with, and [Spider-Man director] Jon Watts, who is incredibly talented, it's just fun to continue this relationship [with Marvel Studios]. It is a big part of my life, and these people are friends and also people I work with.”

After Homecoming, Favreau briefly appeared in Avengers: Endgame, before continuing Stark’s work in Spider-Man: Far From Home before capping off the trilogy with Spider-Man: No Way Home.

But of course, the MCU wouldn’t be where it is without Favreau’s seminal work as the director of the original Iron Man.

“Since like 2006... it's been a wonderful collaboration and friendship,” said Favreau. “It's so great to be part of the Spider-Man trilogy now, as well as the Avengers movies.”

“I've said this many times, the MCU would not be what it is without Mr. Favreau at all,” added Feige. “Obviously Iron Man, obviously everything there, but staying the heart and soul of Happy Hogan is what's really amazing.”

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors