Become a Patron!

Squonk-A-Licious (Tart Vape)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This tart-a-licious vape was possible due to using Squonk's 2 Cakes recipe. This is a tangy & tart lemony, marzipaned, rhubarb type custard cake. I mixed a not so great try of a Rhubarb custard pie. I tried dripping Squonk's 2 cakes over it and it was divine. I do intend to play with it more as I wish to make it less cakey.

Squonk-A-Licious
2.25% FA Custard
.75% Inw Lemon Cake
.75% FA Marzipan
.75% FA Nonna's cake
.5% FA Apple pie
.5% TFA Meringue
.25% FA Vienna cream
.25% FA Fresh cream
.25% Inw Rhubarb
.25% Top Vapor Triple Sec
.25 Cap Sugar Cookie V2
.25% Inw biscuit

Notes: I want to cut the sugar cookie, biscuit and meringue and see what happens. I might lower Nonna's cake and up one of the creams or both or remove one and up the other.

At any rate I don't suspect many will try this, but below are some notes on flavors I would find helpful in letting me know if I wanted to purchase a flavor or not.

The Inw Lemon cake and Inw Rhubarb go well together as does the Top Vapor Triple sec. The lemon cake is a very tart cake. The Rhubarb is extremely potent and tart. The triple sec is a nice tangy orange liquor flavor. I don't see using more than .5% of either the triple sec or rhubarb in a recipe as both are quite potent, imho. The only other tangy orange flavor I have tasted is FW Ecto Cooler which is not liquor, but a sugary tangy orange/tangerine/lemonade flavor....which may go well with that rhubarb, but you would use a much higher %. I have not tried any other rhubarb flavors. I like how the marzipan tastes in here. It also adds a cakey feeling and goes so well in Squonk's 2 cakes.

A great big :thanks: to Squonk for helping me make my :bomb: into a success!!:stars2:

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This tart-a-licious vape was possible due to using Squonk's 2 Cakes recipe. This is a tangy & tart lemony, marzipaned, rhubarb type custard cake. I mixed a not so great try of a Rhubarb custard pie. I tried dripping Squonk's 2 cakes over it and it was divine. I do intend to play with it more as I wish to make it less cakey.

Squonk-A-Licious
2.25% FA Custard
.75% Inw Lemon Cake
.75% FA Marzipan
.75% FA Nonna's cake
.5% FA Apple pie
.5% TFA Meringue
.25% FA Vienna cream
.25% FA Fresh cream
.25% Inw Rhubarb
.25% Top Vapor Triple Sec
.25 Cap Sugar Cookie V2
.25% Inw biscuit

Notes: I want to cut the sugar cookie, biscuit and meringue and see what happens. I might lower Nonna's cake and up one of the creams or both or remove one and up the other.

At any rate I don't suspect many will try this, but below are some notes on flavors I would find helpful in letting me know if I wanted to purchase a flavor or not.

The Inw Lemon cake and Inw Rhubarb go well together as does the Top Vapor Triple sec. The lemon cake is a very tart cake. The Rhubarb is extremely potent and tart. The triple sec is a nice tangy orange liquor flavor. I don't see using more than .5% of either the triple sec or rhubarb in a recipe as both are quite potent, imho. The only other tangy orange flavor I have tasted is FW Ecto Cooler which is not liquor, but a sugary tangy orange/tangerine/lemonade flavor....which may go well with that rhubarb, but you would use a much higher %. I have not tried any other rhubarb flavors. I like how the marzipan tastes in here. It also adds a cakey feeling and goes so well in Squonk's 2 cakes.

A great big :thanks: to Squonk for helping me make my :bomb: into a success!!:stars2:
What exactly does marzipan do?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also found that marzipan and coconut (FA variety anyway) give a vape a little cakiness. Like .75% FA Marzipan and .75% FA Coconut. It does really sweeten and add almond flavor taste. It can really add to bakery vapes.

VU Sponsors