Become a Patron!

Squonk Mod Recommendations

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the go ahead from my significant other to make one last mod purchase for now, and was hoping my friends here a VU could help point me in the right direction here.

I am leaning towards another Kronig being as it is hands down my favorite mod so far. I am especially interested in the newest batch since they are based off of Odin, and I have a very deep rooted love of Nordic Mythology. I am still on the fence if I should grab another 18650 now, or wait for the 21700 to drop. I really like the size of the 18's but I have 2 already. I don't have any 21's from them yet but it could be a while before the next batch to drop, maybe at the end of the month but that is just my own guess based on the spacing of their previous releases. I am a little concerned about the whole shipping issue vaping is currently facing, so waiting may just make it harder for me to get it. Ya know, the whole "bird in the hand (18650) is worth two in the bush (21700)" thing.

More than willing to consider another mod too, if anyone has any good recommendations for a really nice one that isn't super proprietary. I very strongly prefer manual adjusting 510s. Budget is around $400. The agreement I came to with the wife limits me to one single mod purchase, so I cannot spit the budget between multiple mods (she has gotten wise to a lot of my tricks, haha). I have zero interest in regulated mods.

Any opinions, suggestions, or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just under $350. Looks interesting. Thanks, I am now looking into it.
It looks cool but $350 cool? I do not know. There are so many choices as I do not own many mods. Good purchasing.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It looks cool but $350 cool? I do not know. There are so many choices as I do not own many mods. Good purchasing.
The Juma version looks really nice, but they all seem to be sold out. From what I am seeing they are made very well. I just don't seem to like the carving on these mods as much as the Kronig, but I am a real big sucker for Norse related stuff.

I actually have a half sleeve tattoo partially planned out that contains some of what the Kronig has on it. Sleipnir (odin's horse), Huginn (one of odin's ravens), and Geri (one of odin's wolves). Having a mod that would partially match that would be pretty awesome.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My will broke.

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 7.16.56 PM.png

Talked to the owner before I bought it and he said he is shipping it first thing in the morning and I can expect it as soon as Monday, but I was thinking maybe Wednesday the way things are moving around here lately.

VU Sponsors