Become a Patron!

Squonking is best on the go, but at home, why not dripping?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Appreciate, respect your opinion and in fact, deed you're welcome to it. :)

My opinion though is contrary to yours. I find squonking simpler than dripping. Yes, I have a Vindicator tube mod & Kennedy RDA that at times I do drip on. Dripping to me is just "okay". Squonking is my preference.

Enjoy your preference. I'll enjoy mine. :)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ummmmm, just curious. How is dripping easier than squonking?
Its not. You have to use a device and a separate liquid source. Grabbing an a liquid bottle and fiddling around with that is not as easy as a simple press.

Some people complain about refilling squonk bottles though. I don't mind it with any of my squonk mods. I don't need no stinkin topsides lol. I generally don't complain about much. Don't get me started on Freemax slider tops though..

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Making sure your dripping the right bottle kinda sucks too unless you're only using one RDA.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll respect your preference. Mine is to just squonk all day. It's far easier to just refill the squonk bottle when I need to than it is to drip every time I need a puff, especially when I have too much going on to fiddle with that. Just grab the squonker, squeeze, puff, and go.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ummmmm, just curious. How is dripping easier than squonking?
Cleaning out a squonk bottle takes some extra time and effort. Instant switching to a different flavor can tend to be a lot easier if you drip, as you don't have to wait for the squonk bottle to get empty first. Granted, you could always decide to just swap the squonk bottle instead. Even so, dripping is still easier in this regard. In fact, some tube mechs are so easy to maintain, there simply exist no squonkers that are comparable to them in this regard. (Even, if you think that cleaning out the squonk bottle is not an actual part of "maintenance".) Finding a squonk mod the refill mechanism on which truly is convenient to use certainly is possible, but I would have to make multiple hard sacrifices for that. So a lot also depends on what's your own personal definition of the term "easy sacrifice".

By dripping, I don't have to wait for juice to get sucked up into the cotton wicks, as I can drip in such a particular way that a little bit of juice runs down onto the wicks via the inside of the barrel and/or a few drops fall right on top of the coils. Less waiting = easier vaping during those moments when I don't have time. Last but not least, soon after the squonk bottle reaches half empty, squeezing the right amount of juice becomes a royal PITA, and, if you, like me, prefer to consume quite a lot more juice─nouvelle cuisine is not for me─than the average vaper does, then the total sum of squonk related difficulties to have to keep dealing with can easily shoot through the roof, especially if you are on a time shedule the type of which doesn't always allow you to refill long enough beforehand. Recovering from a nervous breakdown after that definitely can be hard...

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Let me get this straight... you don't soak your wicks when you build your decks?

Whether we squonk, drip, or use tanks, when we build, we always wet the wicks to prime them before using them. That is a sacrifice we do when we build. We choose that sacrifice over buying the garbage USB shaped devices from convenience stores.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Let me get this straight... you don't soak your wicks when you build your decks?

Whether we squonk, drip, or use tanks, when we build, we always wet the wicks to prime them before using them. That is a sacrifice we do when we build. We choose that sacrifice over buying the garbage USB shaped devices from convenience stores.
Wetting the wicks to prime them before using them is what's called juicing it up. Of course everyone does that. But this changes nothing of the fact that, with squonking, it can take that little bit of time for juice to get sucked all the way up into the coils after the wicks have gone dry-ish. Vaping it almost dry is what I always do before I put the mod into my pocket, to prevent it from leaking juice. I let the coils cool down (by blowing on them whenever I don't have enough time to wait), and then I take a conveniently sized (3 liter) plastic normal deep freezer bag (no ziploc bag or anything like that...) that I hold upside down to wrap the mod in it.

If you can squeeze just the right amount, then you could always decide to hold the squonk mod upside down in order to speed up the juice going into the coils so, it certainly is possible to work around this kind of delay, BUT... like I previously said, squeezing just the right amount becomes a royal PITA soon after the squonk bottle reaches half empty. As for putting the mod in my pocket, my two squonk mods are mechs, and, they have a protruding button so, I don't want to put such a mod in my pocket before taking the battery out. (They are the Purge Mods Suicide King Squonker and the Purge Mods Rampage.) The only mechs that I put in my pocket are mechs with a firm button throw, and that's only if the button is recessed or is flush with the body of the mod. (The only exception to this is my Deathwish Modz G.O.A.T V2, which features a lock ring.) I haven't yet found a quonk mod I like, that I can safely carry in my pocket without removing the battery from the mod first. It's just a matter of what you've got on your list of priorities, what your personal preferences are like, also including how hungry your favorite coil builds are, and how much time or patience you have.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Geekvape Athena squonk mods seem to have a fairly decent fire button locking mechanism. They've done well for me so far.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Why come into a squonkers' thread and post about how much you like dripping, insinuating that it's better than squonking? There's places for people who like dripping to post.

Everybody has their own preferences. I vape just about everything, including squonkers and drippers. Some of us like it all, but I'll tell you, if a person's been vaping a long time, and has a strong preference for squonking, your post is just gonna piss them off. What does it matter to you if other people squonk or drip or use RTAs or sub-ohm tanks or whatever? I could be using fucking cartomizers on eGo batteries if that's what I like.

Reminds me of freakin religious people who show up at your door trying to assure you that their religion is best, and if you believe anything else, you're wrong and terrible things are gonna happen to you. They should mind their own f'n business, and I'll mind mine.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Why come into a squonkers' thread and post about how much you like dripping, insinuating that it's better than squonking?
Some of us like it all, but I'll tell you, if a person's been vaping a long time, and has a strong preference for squonking, your post is just gonna piss them off.

I think you answered yourself.

Reminds me of freakin religious people who show up at your door trying to assure you that their religion is best, and if you believe anything else, you're wrong and terrible things are gonna happen to you. They should mind their own f'n business, and I'll mind mine.

Yep. As I said, ...

Appreciate, respect your opinion and in fact, deed you're welcome to it. :)

My opinion though is contrary to yours. I find squonking simpler than dripping. Yes, I have a Vindicator tube mod & Kennedy RDA that at times I do drip on. Dripping to me is just "okay". Squonking is my preference.

Enjoy your preference. I'll enjoy mine. :)

Silly zealots, trying to start holy wars out of nothing. It is as simple as you like what you like, I'll like what I like. Like phrased in my signature line, live and let live. Reckon that stumps some intelligent folks. Ah well, ... :)

By the by, here that phrase is in Latin, ... Et vivere, reservate. In modern English it transliterates to live and let live.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I first started squonking way before it was cool - back when it was like a secret type of vaping and was expensive as hell; we had to mainly modify our own RDAs

I liked it more than any other because dripping was just too cumbersome and RTAs back then were just not very flavorful, hard to refill and most tended to leak no matter what

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think you answered yourself.

Yep. As I said, ...

Silly zealots, trying to start holy wars out of nothing. It is as simple as you like what you like, I'll like what I like. Like phrased in my signature line, live and let live. Reckon that stumps some intelligent folks. Ah well, ... :)

By the by, here that phrase is in Latin, ... Et vivere, reservate. In modern English it transliterates to live and let live.
Just about like that ANTZ asshole coupon smoking his damned cigarettes while telling us how bad vapes are. SMH! Some people will argue til the end of time and never hear a word of your side of the argument.

That's when it's best to just walk away and let them argue with the door.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I first started squonking way before it was cool - back when it was like a secret type of vaping and was expensive as hell; we had to mainly modify our own RDAs

I member part of that time. Part of why I only remember part is, I admit, I come in just a bit later than you. @Hank F. Spankman lured me into buying one of the plastic squonk bombs, erm, mods.

"You'll like squonking," He said. Then on he went with, "you can learn to deal with mechanical mods, I did." This was also around the time he lured me into lurking over here. Got a belly full at ECF even if I stayed a member.

Barely been over there for a while. Like it better here. :)

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I member part of that time. Part of why I only remember part is, I admit, I come in just a bit later than you. @Hank F. Spankman lured me into buying one of the plastic squonk bombs, erm, mods.

"You'll like squonking," He said. Then on he went with, "you can learn to deal with mechanical mods, I did." This was also around the time he lured me into lurking over here. Got a belly full at ECF even if I stayed a member.

Barely been over there for a while. Like it better here. :)
I drop by ECF very rarely, often by mistake. Reading anything there is like reading fake product reviews... way too polite and supportive. Yet, I can learn nothing about anything.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

why not dripping?​

To summarize, it's because almost everyone on here will start crying immediately as soon as you drip. Your batteries will get soaked inside and out from so many salted tears raining down all over the place, which causes battery corrosion to accelerate─possibly they will short circuit also in addition to that─so whatever you do, don't drip, and, smoking tobacco is your only rescue!

:luck:

VU Sponsors