Star Wars and RockLove Launch New Ahsoka Tano Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
RockLove Jewelry has revealed their latest Star Wars collaboration, which is none other than new Ahsoka Tano jewelry pieces for the Star Wars X RockLove Ahsoka Tano Collection, which launches today at 9am PST on RockLove.com. The pieces were in collaboration with Founder of Her Universe, Ashley Eckstein, who voices the role of Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels.

IGN spoke with RockLove CEO and Designer, Allison Cimino, about the new reveals, what it was like working with Eckstein again, and if there are any other upcoming Ahsoka Tano pieces she can tease to us.

The new pieces for the Star Wars X RockLove Ahsoka Tano Collection include:

Ahsoka Tano Rebels Ring ($99 USD) - This ring was inspired by the Star Wars Rebels series and is a design of Ahsoka’s iconic montrals. It has the word “SURVIVOR” engraved inside the band. The first 1,700 pieces will include an authenticity card autographed by Ashley Eckstein.

Ahsoka Tano Hoop Earrings ($135 USD) - The earrings were inspired by the Star Wars Rebel series as well, and show Ahsoka’s Lekku hanging in a three-dimensional V-shape, with her montrals going upward. The first 900 pieces will include an authenticity card autographed by Ashley Eckstein.

“Ahsoka’s grey-blue and white montral pattern is both whimsical and sophisticated – any Star Wars fan will immediately recognize it while a casual observer will liken it to a classic animal print,” Cimino said while describing the styles. “This new Rebels Ring is inscribed SURVIVOR, a quote personally chosen by Ashley. The earrings include many levels of homage to the more mature Ahsoka: both montral tips frame the hinged ear wire, the body of the hoop depicts her left and right lekku, and the overall curved V-shape silhouette is reminiscent of the head-tail that goes down her back.”

The newest Ahsoka Tano pieces are the third collaboration between RockLove and Her Universe, with previous years being limited to a specific number of units, and selling out quickly. This year, they decided on some changes.

“Ashley Eckstein and I chose for each 2019 and 2020 series to be capped by quantity, as each piece was created by hand and included an authenticity card autographed by Ashely herself,” Cimino explained. “They sold out immediately, which was so exciting! We would have loved to make more though deeply agreed that we would not rerelease Numbered & Limited-Edition designs. This new 2021 drop will again be Limited Edition (as there are only so many pieces RockLove can handcraft, and Ashley can sign before all our fingers go numb) but with the option to replenish if fans request. However, this time, only the first 1,700 Ahsoka Tano Rebels Ring and the first 900 Ahsoka Tano Hoop Earrings include an authenticity card autographed by Ashley Eckstein!”

The new Ahsoka Tano ring has visual similarities to the original, which launched in 2019 at San Diego Comic-Con and was limited edition to 1,000 units. It was the first collaboration between Cimino and Eckstein. “This was our inaugural year with Star Wars, and I wanted to create something truly unique to honor one of my favorite role models, Ahsoka Tano. Standing at the booth, I burst into tears when we realized the quantity on the RockLove.com website sold out in a mere four minutes,” Cimino said.

“Since then, so many fans have begged for the rerelease of that first ring – the RockLove brand was new, and they hadn’t heard of us yet,” Cimino continued. “The site sold out so quickly, fans couldn’t secure theirs in time. International fans couldn’t be at the Con for a chance to purchase in-person inventory. Ashley and I knew that while we wouldn’t rerelease the original, Ahsoka’s headdress changes in Star Wars: Rebels and her lekku become more intricate. This new Rebels Ring is an homage to an older, wiser Ahsoka Tano and the mentor she has become to us all!”

Along with these two jewelry pieces, Star Wars X RockLove recently released the Ahsoka Tano Lightsaber Earring and Necklace set, which, unlike these enamel pieces, are made of sterling silver and have a minimalist aesthetic. “I’m very excited to be creating more Ahsoka pieces, expanding beyond my meditation on montrals,” Cimino said.

RockLove recently launched their Kyber Crystal Capsule Collection by partnering with, “the finest crystal manufacturer in the world to produce custom-colored crystals in the signature hues of attuned kyber crystals.” Which then match to part of a lightsaber handle that's turned into a necklace.

RockLove has officially confirmed to IGN that Ahsoka Tano will be included in the next set launching for the Kyber Crystal Capsule Collection.

For more on RockLove Jewelry, check out our previous interviews with Cimino for past launches, such as Star Wars at SDCC, Thor, Spider-Man, and Captain America for the Marvel Collection, and most recently RockLove's Doctor Strange Collection.

Jessie Wade is Homepage Manager at IGN. You can chat with her on Twitter about everything Star Wars and RockLove @jessieannwade.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors