Become a Patron!

Star Wars Fans Feel Like They Got the Short End Of the Lightsaber During Disney+ Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
All the major announcements from Disney+ Day are out in the wild, and Star Wars fans are feeling a little let down by the number of announcements featuring the galaxy far, far away.

Star Wars fans did get a new behind-the-scenes look at the Obi-Wan Kenobi TV series, but no trailer to go along with it. The concept art hints at a rematch between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader, Obi-Wan's new desert outfit, and more. But some people were hoping to see footage of the series, which has finished shooting and is set to come out next year.

Other than that, Under the Helmet: The Legacy of Boba Fett is available on Disney+ as of today, detailing the history and popularity of Star Wars' most famous Bounty Hunter.

Marvel fans, on the other hand, had tons of announcements to get excited about on Disney+ Day. We got our first look at Moon Knight, She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel, as well as brand new shows announced for Spider-Man, Agatha from WandaVision, and Marvel Zombies. We also got a ton of new logos for Marvel shows, and the announcement of X-Men '97 coming in 2023. It's safe to say fans noticed the slim pickings of Star Wars news compared to the feast of Marvel news from the presentation.

Star Wars fans seeing all the Marvel announcements #DisneyPlusDay pic.twitter.com/wqPBX1gb7q

— Star Wars Stuff (@starwarstuff2) November 12, 2021
Me, a fool for thinking we'd get a lot of Star Wars content during #DisneyPlusDay : 🤡

— Kaitlyn Red Wing 💜💓💙 (@KaitlynRedWing) November 12, 2021
My timeline waiting for #StarWars news to drop. #DisneyPlusDay pic.twitter.com/92D5fTjhJD

— Lacey Gilleran (@laceygilleran) November 12, 2021

#DisneyPlusDay

marvel fans Star Wars fans pic.twitter.com/7NQXKcTxzd

— dracco (@darth_dracco) November 12, 2021

why do i feel like star wars is disney’s unwanted step child

— aj ⁵⁰¹ clown era (@roguesnips) November 12, 2021

It seems that Star Wars is the Jan Brady of the Disney Plus universe. If I were more technically inclined, I'd do this gif with the words "Marvel, Marvel, Marvel." pic.twitter.com/Hp5AVJtemI

— Tony Rossi (@tonyrossimedia) November 12, 2021

the disney plus admin towards marvel fans vs star wars fans pic.twitter.com/pHNp8Jp0rR

— rae/jesse 💫 wolffe's gf (@woIffepack) November 12, 2021

star wars fans watching marvel fans getting 82738237 show announcements and traliers pic.twitter.com/l1DbfDKtxO

— ًsadie (@bisexualdjarin) November 12, 2021

Marvel fans: Getting 500+ announcements on #DisneyPlus

Star Wars fans: pic.twitter.com/9qEsoijcsl

— 100% Star Wars (@100PerStarWars) November 12, 2021

Besides the upcoming Obi-Wan show, Star Wars fans can also look forward to The Mandalorian Season 3, the Cassian Andor show, and The Bad Batch Season 2. None of these projects, however, made an appearance at Disney+ Day.

There were plenty of other shows and movies announced by Disney today. For everything revealed in addition to Marvel and Star Wars projects, check out everything announced on Disney+ Day.

Logan Plant is a freelance writer for IGN. You can find him on Twitter @LoganJPlant.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors