Become a Patron!

Star Wars: Liam Neeson Hasn't Been Asked to Reprise Qui-Gon Jinn Role for Live-Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Liam Neeson has confirmed that he hasn't been asked to reprise his Qui-Gon Jinn role for any live-action Star Wars projects in the two decades since his first appearance as the character. In an interview with Collider, Neeson, who played Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Master in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, indicated that he had only ever been approached for vocal cameos as Qui-Gon. He has lent his voice to the likes of Dave Filoni's The Clone Wars and 2019's The Rise of Skywalker, which featured several Jedi voices in Rey's climactic showdown with Emperor Palpatine. [ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/04/star-wars-the-clone-wars-season-6-qui-gon-contacts-yoda"] "I've done the voice for Qui-Gon Jinn in a couple of the animated versions of it," Neeson said when asked whether he had ever been approached to reprise his Star Wars character. "I can't remember the names of them. Myself and Sam Jackson did our Jedi knights for those. I think I did two of them. But on film, I haven't been approached, no." Qui-Gon might have died during the ferocious lightsaber duel with Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace, but over the years there has been much speculation over whether the iconic character could return onscreen as a Force Ghost. Neeson questioned whether Star Wars fans wanted these reprisals and character spinoffs, as he admitted that he hadn't been keeping up with the galaxy far, far away. "I haven't really been following them, to be honest," Neeson admitted, referring to the films in the long-spanning franchise. "I don't know if they've come to an end. I heard they did a film of Harrison [Ford]'s character, Han Solo, and that there was a bit of trouble with that. What do you think? Are Star Wars fans finished with it?" [widget path="global/article/imagegallery" parameters="albumSlug=every-upcoming-star-wars-movie&captions=true"] With all of the projects that are currently lined up in the Star Wars universe, it would seem that fans are far from finished with the franchise. The highly-anticipated premiere of the second season of The Mandalorian is just around the corner, while an Obi-Wan Kenobi standalone series and an untitled Cassian Andor series are also both in the works for Disney+. [poilib element="accentDivider"] Adele Ankers is a Freelance Entertainment Journalist. You can reach her on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors