Become a Patron!

Started in January and just signed up.

I stopped puffing on cigars late last year so I'm still new to this. I recently joined but have been reading on here since December and all the posts and reviews led me to all my purchases so far. I've made some mistakes but thats how it goes. I jumped in deep and have accumulated a lot of stuff so far (in my mind at least).

Started with a local shop on the road in Ohio.
Aspire CF Sub Ohm w/Atlantis. Awesome flavor but it was my first one...

Next up was a Eleaf 50w. Great mod and still have it. Got another Atlantis for a second flavor back up.

Now I go for the gold lol. I'm visiting a small (badass) shop in PA and see a copper mod I really want. Is called a Totem and it's a mech but I have to have it. I vape the shit out of this thing for a whole month. I know I probably look stupid with an Atlantis sitting on top of this "artwork" but I don't care, I love it. Went back to reading on here and now I'm scared of it blowing up on me. I've only used it a couple times since till I learn more about mechs.

Bought a Kanger Subox and used the tank once and never again. I did use the mod for awhile and just last week trashed it because it was getting a bad connection with everything I put on it. But to be fair this was my beater and it took a lot of shit.

On to a sweet deal I found in for the SX mini ML for less than a bill. This thing rocks but it's heavy as hell. I still use this all the time and it got me into TC. Now I start buying RDA/RTA's...

First was some very small, flat deck clone that sucked.
Next was a Velocity (clone, I think). Still use it but the flavor isn't as good as others.
Kennedy (clone) and its still the best flavor RDA I have but the condensate by the bottom airflow annoys me.
Get tired of dripping so I got a Billow V2. It rocks and has great flavor and never leaks.
Really liked the RTA idea and ordered a Griffin, OK flavor and never leaks once I learned how to wick it.
My last RTA purchase was a Moonshot and the flavor rocks.

Ordered and received a TC100W istick and do not it. I'll likely PIF that with my other non used items soon.s

I'm sure there are still a couple impulse buys from local shops I forgot about but they were't good at all since I've apparently forgot about them.

I just got in my "beater" mod today, a pico w/melo 3. Also ordered a isub tank for the hell of it since it had the best reviews and was $12. Flavor is the best I've had so far, out of all my prior purchases. So now my best combo is the sx mini/melo 3. I've made my own coils and buy most premade coils since I'm still new but still get better flavor out of this cheap little tank. I guess I have a lot more research to do on here still to make my RDA/RTA's get the best flavor because I know they can. Thanks for everyone who posts on here with ideas and reviews. I'm sure I'm not the only one who checks here before purchasing and never posts or even signs up.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Good to have you here

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU!

Don't worry about your Totem blowing up on you, as long as you adhere to Ohm's law, not utilizing coils lower than your battery's continuous discharge rate can handle. Most of those mech mods blowing up is due to lack of knowledge, especially, when dealing with hybrid mods.

Nice to have you here!

PS: What took you so long? :giggle:

StereoFreeze

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU! The gear is half the fun. If the Totem mod is the same as the one I found online with an adjustable 510 pin you can use any tank or dripper you want on top. If you are using a hybrid style that is a different story. If solid contact isn't an issue, make sure your using a quality battery and appropriate resistance builds. In a single 18650 mech, for .3 coils and up, Samsung 25r's are great, want to get more aggressive with your builds try a Sony VTC4. If you haven't checked out steam-engine.org yet, bookmark it now.

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi and welcome. Try making sure your coils are longer than the air flow tubes are wide. This helps to reduce the condensation in my experience.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

VU Sponsors