Become a Patron!

Starting Anew

bighurt3525

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hello all. I am Nathan, from Northeast Ohio. I tried vaping about a year ago with moderate success towards quitting smoking, but I never found any flavors that I truly loved, and it slowly fell by the wayside. Last weekend I visited family in Illinois, and after a lengthy discussion with my brother who has successfully quit, I've decided to try it again. I came home and ordered an istick 50w, with a lemo atomizer at my brother's recommendation, and I am currently puffing on some Darth Vapor from vapor hut.
I could really use some help finding a good place to order trial packages from so I can find my favs ( I seem to be leaning towards dessert type flavors), and advice would be much appreciated.
Here's to eventual success, (hopefully),
Nathan

bighurt3525

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the suggestion Huckleberried. Halo is one of the companies I have tried. My first attempt at vaping was with Halo Tritons. I believe all I have tried from them was menthol, so I will have to check out their other offerings.

bighurt3525

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm in! I also ordered a bunch of new juices from 101 vape from one of the links at the bottom of the page. I like that I got to see offerings from several different companies in the same location. I hope I find some winners!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
101Vape is a great vendor! I've not had their juice, I DIY, but I've purchased other stuff from them. I'm sure you'll be happy with them. :)

bighurt3525

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks, loving the forum! I also went and ordered some juices from vapor hut last night. I found a few other recommendations on the flavors section on here last night and jotted them down for next time I need to order.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to V/U!!! Hang in there, you'll find something you really like. Lots of support here, good luck!

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Glitters-62.gif

matthew.wallwork

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello Nathan (and everyone else!), I too just started on the vape train a few months ago and I had the same issue....well amongst several issues once I realized just how massive and ever changing this world is. 20 years smoking a pack and a half of camels a day, so much variety can be overwhelming especially when you are desperate to find the perfect vape that keeps you from going back. I started by talking to the folks at a few local vape shops to find what their favorites are and they mostly steered me towards fruits and candies which were good but one particular company I was turned on to, velvet cloud vapor out of SF, really blew me away once I put into a proper atomizer. Their line is 100% VG with a little distilled water mixed in to make it tank friendly. I've tried about 70% of their juices and all come off as creamy, well rounded and robust. Plus they have a few that are infused with tobacco flavor which I find hits the spot better than cigarettes ever did. Another thing i did was sign up for zample box which sends me 11 bottles a month for 45$ and it's helped me find not just what flavors i lean toward but also what I should stay away from. The first box was pretty mediocre - 1 gem (peanut butter s'more from Buddha vapes) several that were sub par but worth going back to once in while and a few duds - but it helped me define my palette and be able to have a more knowledgable conversation with the guys at the vape stores when I was looking for suggestions. The second box I received was much better plus now they have set up a way to rate your box (similar to pandora) so they choose more of the flavors you prefer than not. I'll know next month if their system works as it just started but it seems promising. All in all I discovered that I also prefer dessert style juices but there a days that a grape soda,peach snappel or starburst flavor that makes me wonder how I've gone so long without this in my life...especially when I've smoked a little of the green stuff - i do live in colorado so why not !
Once you figure out the juice thing you can then have the pleasure of Discovering your preference in wires, resistance, wattage, rta's, rda's, clearomizers, coil builds, drip tips, TC, mods, etc.....oh man, my head hurts!

Good luck and happy vaping!

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I'm currently digging on the ipv d2, lemo 2 with a .9 kanthal build or a mini freak show with a single coil .08 parallel nickel build for TC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hello all. I am Nathan, from Northeast Ohio. I tried vaping about a year ago with moderate success towards quitting smoking, but I never found any flavors that I truly loved, and it slowly fell by the wayside. Last weekend I visited family in Illinois, and after a lengthy discussion with my brother who has successfully quit, I've decided to try it again. I came home and ordered an istick 50w, with a lemo atomizer at my brother's recommendation, and I am currently puffing on some Darth Vapor from vapor hut.
I could really use some help finding a good place to order trial packages from so I can find my favs ( I seem to be leaning towards dessert type flavors), and advice would be much appreciated.
Here's to eventual success, (hopefully),
Nathan
Good luck Nathan!
I am a dual user also, I still smoke but use vaping to cut down. I cant tell you what flavor to use but I will recommend looking into WTA's (whole tobacco alkaloids ). Do a little research ther are only 3-4 vendors that sell it, it's expensive but when you use it in flavors you like it will help cut down on the urges to smoke a cigarette. I like Mothers Milk WTA they are easy to deal with and Andrew is very helpful.
Good luck again and best wishes to you.

bighurt3525

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the information and encouragement everyone! I am doing well with everything so far. I'm making progress towards quitting (no smokes last night at work on my 12 hour shift). My biggest hurdles are right before bed, and with my coffee when I wake up.

VU Sponsors