Become a Patron!

Starting Out. Help?

DerpyVaping

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm currently debating to start on building coils and all that good stuff. I'm not to into mech mods, and perfer a regulated box mod. Just to start out of course. So i was wondering what kind of coil should I make first?

I seen coil builds while doing my background check in batteries and mods, but their usually "super low" 0.06/0.09 (sub?) ohm. While reading the comments people would say this isnt for amateurs and etc.. so i was just wondering which should i start on?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, then you can get a feel for it and work your way to where your sweet spot is:)
Welcome to VU, Enjoy the forum:)

DerpyVaping

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you! I went and got me a sigelei 150w box mod with the little boy rda. I never thought it would hit so flavorful and smooth! The guys at my local vape shope made me a 0.1 ohm build and filled the cotton with milkman juice and my god i been missing out!

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Building coils is pretty easy. Watch rip trippers on youtube. Im guessing thats a 26650 bm if you are thinking about doing somthing like a .09 build

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you! I went and got me a sigelei 150w box mod with the little boy rda. I never thought it would hit so flavorful and smooth! The guys at my local vape shope made me a 0.1 ohm build and filled the cotton with milkman juice and my god i been missing out!
I like my coils on the Sigelei to be at 0.3 Ohm. It's also giving you lots of room to adjust your wattage. In addition, it's according to http://www.steam-engine.org the sweet spot for the coil's resistance.
"...
  • Between the median and the maximum resistance, there is a sweet spot of sorts, where many mods will give you their optimal balance of power and adjustability without overburdening your circuit board.
..."

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like my coils on the Sigelei to be at 0.3 Ohm. It's also giving you lots of room to adjust your wattage. In addition, it's according to http://www.steam-engine.org the sweet spot for the coil's resistance.
"...
  • Between the median and the maximum resistance, there is a sweet spot of sorts, where many mods will give you their optimal balance of power and adjustability without overburdening your circuit board.
..."
Interesting - I built my first coils for the Sig at 0.2 because that's what I've always done with mechs, then increased to 0.5, thinking that I should be able to go higher based on the ability to tinker with wattage, and in order to get a couple extra wraps for more juice disbursement. There's just something "off" about the vape, though (and there's a whole thread about this floating around here somewhere) - I'll try dropping back down to 0.3 and see how it goes...

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Interesting - I built my first coils for the Sig at 0.2 because that's what I've always done with mechs, then increased to 0.5, thinking that I should be able to go higher based on the ability to tinker with wattage, and in order to get a couple extra wraps for more juice disbursement. There's just something "off" about the vape, though (and there's a whole thread about this floating around here somewhere) - I'll try dropping back down to 0.3 and see how it goes...
Actually, pretty much all of my builds are at 0.3 Ohm with an ID of 2.5-3mm, whether they are utilized on my Sigelei (100+/150) or my mech mods. I think that's my personal sweet spot :).

bwent

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the trick with the 150 watt boxes is to build around .5 ohms and crank when you feel like it. Most charts on power out put on the Sigelei 150 show that it doesn't put out the correct wattage at lower ohms. Besides the greater coil surface area on a .5 ohm dual at 150 watts will choke most people.

Whatever you vape at is a personal choice. to each his own so to speak

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I build around .17 on my mechs. Thats where I get the best performance. On a box I build much higher.

VU Sponsors