Become a Patron!

Steamcrave Titan mod issues

Puneet

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’ve had my Steamcrave Titan mod a little over 3 months and ine fine day it started auto firing. I pulled out batteries removed my titan rta, cleaned it up thoroughly and let it sit for couple of days hoping that it will be back to normal. But as soon as I turned it on again it kept showing me “Atomizer short”. Tested it with 5-6 different rtas but the results were same. I wrote to 3aVape and as expected they humbly declined to send a warranty replacement as it was out of 3 months warranty period.
I unscrewed top 2 screws to see if there is any broken connection or any seepage of juice. But all seem well to my non-technical eyes.
As a last resort I wrote to Steamcrave and they asked for a video showing the problem. Afyer watching the video, they agreed to send me a replacement mod. A big shout out goes to SteamCrave support from my side.

Now as I have a replacement mod coming. I want to play with this one in my hands.
*Does anyone here have disassembled this mod or is there any video available showing step by step instructions.*

Thanks

WTS MODs and RDAs/RTAs
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...s/WTS-MODs-and-RDAs-RTAs.464268/&share_type=t

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I’ve had my Steamcrave Titan mod a little over 3 months and ine fine day it started auto firing. I pulled out batteries removed my titan rta, cleaned it up thoroughly and let it sit for couple of days hoping that it will be back to normal. But as soon as I turned it on again it kept showing me “Atomizer short”. Tested it with 5-6 different rtas but the results were same. I wrote to 3aVape and as expected they humbly declined to send a warranty replacement as it was out of 3 months warranty period.
I unscrewed top 2 screws to see if there is any broken connection or any seepage of juice. But all seem well to my non-technical eyes.
As a last resort I wrote to Steamcrave and they asked for a video showing the problem. Afyer watching the video, they agreed to send me a replacement mod. A big shout out goes to SteamCrave support from my side.

Now as I have a replacement mod coming. I want to play with this one in my hands.
*Does anyone here have disassembled this mod or is there any video available showing step by step instructions.*

Thanks

WTS MODs and RDAs/RTAs
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=151776&share_tid=464268&url=http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/WTS-MODs-and-RDAs-RTAs.464268/&share_type=t
If I remember correctly, @jwill had problems with one of his and he modified it. Don't know if it was the same problem you're having though.
Hit him up. He's pretty knowledgeable.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
The first one I had failed unexpectedly and shortly after receiving it. Steamcrave asked for a video and then immediately replaced it. As for cannibalizing the thing to do something with it, I completely modified the dead one and installed a Motley Mods Micro PWM. You literally have to modify every piece of the thing to make it work. If I were presented with the opportunity to do it again, I would not. The effort was about 16 hours worth of time, not including time to fabricate my needed pieces.

Taking it apart is super easy.

1. Shimmy off the button (it slides off with some wiggling)
2. Remove top two screws and pull cover off
3. Remove the two or four screw that hold the assembly in place

Its now completely torn down.

The housing top battery contacts are connected directly to the PWM chip. That is all one piece. If you plan on rebuilding it into a PWM again, be ready to curse a lot, make a bunch of parts and find some new screws for reassembly. In all fairness, I have 5 of these things and that one was the only one that has died. My silver one has been dropped from 6 feet onto concrete and still works and has been used daily since they came out.

Puneet

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The first one I had failed unexpectedly and shortly after receiving it. Steamcrave asked for a video and then immediately replaced it. As for cannibalizing the thing to do something with it, I completely modified the dead one and installed a Motley Mods Micro PWM. You literally have to modify every piece of the thing to make it work. If I were presented with the opportunity to do it again, I would not. The effort was about 16 hours worth of time, not including time to fabricate my needed pieces.

Taking it apart is super easy.

1. Shimmy off the button (it slides off with some wiggling)
2. Remove top two screws and pull cover off
3. Remove the two or four screw that hold the assembly in place

Its now completely torn down.

The housing top battery contacts are connected directly to the PWM chip. That is all one piece. If you plan on rebuilding it into a PWM again, be ready to curse a lot, make a bunch of parts and find some new screws for reassembly. In all fairness, I have 5 of these things and that one was the only one that has died. My silver one has been dropped from 6 feet onto concrete and still works and has been used daily since they came out.

Thank you sir for sharing that info. But I believe with my limited skills it’d be better if I leave the mod as it is keep it for future experiments.
Being said that, I’d still open it up once just to ensure that there’s no broken connection inside.

Thanks again
Puneet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Its definitely worth taking it apart and doing a once over. I may end up changing the PWM chip in mine at some point because it whines at high load which annoys me. If I crack it open again, will try and get some pics. It was super difficult to try and photograph because everything is mounted on the top of the battery sled and some of it had to be soldered while the top was mounted.

Exploded PWM.jpg

Hello and thank you for the topic here. I bought my PWM mod last year and I must say it is really very stable. Quality is very good. Unfortunately I now have the problem that the switch no longer works properly. If I press briefly, he sometimes fires many seconds after. Also the volts can sometimes no longer be adjusted. I assume that liquid or condensation has run into the switch.
Very annoying and I am now trying to repair. I have disassembled the device, except for the soldering work.
Do any of you know where I can get this switch knob as a replacement?

Happy New Year!

94459A63-EA5B-4A67-91DB-5E6C959339DC.jpeg

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hello and thank you for the topic here. I bought my PWM mod last year and I must say it is really very stable. Quality is very good. Unfortunately I now have the problem that the switch no longer works properly. If I press briefly, he sometimes fires many seconds after. Also the volts can sometimes no longer be adjusted. I assume that liquid or condensation has run into the switch.
Very annoying and I am now trying to repair. I have disassembled the device, except for the soldering work.
Do any of you know where I can get this switch knob as a replacement?

Happy New Year!

View attachment 189380

Hi, :wave: unfortunately the site I know of doesn't have that exact switch.

Thank you! Beautiful switches, but unfortunately it is not there.

I already looked for it on AliExpress and searched through several hundred switches. I could not find an identical switch there either. The exact type number would be nice to know.

For example, here is a similar switch:

But the base here is not so high.

VU Sponsors