Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
This shop has a few left- I have never ordered from here so I am not sure how this place is. With a USPS shipping ban on vape products not sure if they would ship these to you?
Wotofo also has a few
So far scanning the internet and not finding a compatible coil

slick44109

Member For 3 Years
This shop has a few left- I have never ordered from here so I am not sure how this place is. With a USPS shipping ban on vape products not sure if they would ship these to you?
Wotofo also has a few
So far scanning the internet and not finding a compatible coil
$17.50 for 5 coils not counting shipping. To bucu. This is why we rebuild. Thanks for trying

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know of a coil replacement that would fit my discontinued Stentorian Steam Engine

I've been thinking about buying the Stentorian tank from someone who has a stash of them, because I stashed many Atlantis style coils and I believe there is a good chance Atlantis coils will fit in the stentorian. I am interested in sending you a coil for you to try to see if it fits in the Stentorian. I'll pay the shipping cost. If you're game, please PM me. If it doesn't fit, all I want from you is to know the specifics about why it doesn't fit. I mean like does it not screw into the base or maybe only partially screws in, or maybe it simply can't fit in the chamber/chimney of the tank...things like that. The reason I want to know specifics is because I may have parts that will allow it to fit, of which I have access to. The reason I want the stentorian to work out with atlantis coils is because I want to stock some atlantis compatible tanks in my vapocalypse stash that have juice flow control. NOt many atlantis compatible tanks had juice control and of those that did they aren't available anywhere.

Last edited:

slick44109

Member For 3 Years
I've been thinking about buying the Stentorian tank from someone who has a stash of them, because I stashed many Atlantis style coils and I believe there is a good chance Atlantis coils will fit in the stentorian. I am interested in sending you a coil for you to try to see if it fits in the Stentorian. I'll pay the shipping cost. If you're game, please PM me. If it doesn't fit, all I want from you is to know the specifics about why it doesn't fit. I mean like does it not screw into the base or maybe only partially screws in, or maybe it simply can't fit in the chamber/chimney of the tank...things like that. The reason I want to know specifics is because I may have parts that will allow it to fit, of which I have access to. The reason I want the stentorian to work out with atlantis coils is because I want to stock some atlantis compatible tanks in my vapocalypse stash that have juice flow control. NOt many atlantis compatible tanks had juice control and of those that did they aren't available anywhere.
Sounds like a good idea. I'll give it a try.
Edit: Deleted by moderator, personal Info- please PM that Info
If it doesn't work I'll try send pics along with my input of why it not

Last edited by a moderator:

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like a good idea. I'll give it a try.

If it doesn't work I'll try send pics along with my input of why it not

I just packaged it and printed a shipping label. Will PM you the tracking # shortly.

EDIT: I just went to the PO and dropped it in a blue box.

Last edited:

slick44109

Member For 3 Years
I just packaged it and printed a shipping label. Will PM you the tracking # shortly then will to to the PO and drop it in a blue box. Thanks a bunch.
I hope it works for both of us. The steam engines were a good setup til they discontinued them

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hope it works for both of us. The steam engines were a good setup til they discontinued them

Just noticed tracking shows delivered. :bliss:

Hopefully you'll have time to check it's fitment in the stentorian soon. I'm dyin' ova heeah! lol

slick44109

Member For 3 Years
Just noticed tracking shows delivered. :bliss:

Hopefully you'll have time to check it's fitment in the stentorian soon. I'm dyin' ova heeah! lol
Just got back from hunting and found the coil you sent in the mail. I was eager to see how it worked out myself. Luckily I had an old coil from the Stentorian. I had to swap the bottom connector ( tighter fit going into supplied coil) and file the knurling off the coil you supplied. Guess what........it fits! Gonna juice it up and Give it a whirl, I'll let you know those results.
P.S your coil said .5 ohm...fresh in mod it ohms at .54. Close enough for govt. work.

slick44109

Member For 3 Years
Just got back from hunting and found the coil you sent in the mail. I was eager to see how it worked out myself. Luckily I had an old coil from the Stentorian. I had to swap the bottom connector ( tighter fit going into supplied coil) and file the knurling off the coil you supplied. Guess what........it fits! Gonna juice it up and Give it a whirl, I'll let you know those results.
P.S your coil said .5 ohm...fresh in mod it ohms at .54. Close enough for govt. work.
Update on test results:
Juice holes line up perfectly with the Stentorian flow control, no leakage from tank as of yet and it works like the original! Stentorian is back from near extinction! You say that was Aspire Atlantis coil?

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

How much did you need to take off with the filing? Did you have to remove all of the knurling?

Also, does the juice flow control actually work with my coil?

You say that was Aspire Atlantis coil?

No, it's just a compatible atlantis coil. I bought those coils 4 years ago from a local shop. They didn't come in a box, just a 5-pack blister pack but they sold them as Itsuwa coils. After vaping them exclusively for 6 months when I wasn't using my rebuildables, I went back to buy more and they were on clearance. So I bought their remaining stock at $6 a 5-pack. They last me about 6 weeks with clear, lightly sweet 6mg juice at 25W.

Last edited:

slick44109

Member For 3 Years
I'm vaping at 28 watts with 70vg/30pg. I can't say if the juice control actually works as I run it wide open(don't want dry hits) and I filed the knurling until the lines were almost completely gone. Started with a half tank of juice, now I've filled it full. No leakage yet. I'm sure the juice flow control would shut it down but I'm just happy it works. Found a vendor in California that sells 5 packs of Atlantis coils for $8.95. Free shipping over $50.
@slick44109 what wattage do you vape at with your stentorian?

slick44109

Member For 3 Years
THe threads that were at the top of your coil I left alone, they don't interfere with chimney hole only the knurling did
I'm vaping at 28 watts with 70vg/30pg. I can't say if the juice control actually works as I run it wide open(don't want dry hits) and I filed the knurling until the lines were almost completely gone. Started with a half tank of juice, now I've filled it full. No leakage yet. I'm sure the juice flow control would shut it down but I'm just happy it works. Found a vendor in California that sells 5 packs of Atlantis coils for $8.95. Free shipping over $50.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm sure the juice flow control would shut it down but I'm just happy it works
I get that bro, but the whole deal was that you test it so that I can know fitment and if JFC truly worked. :( I need an atlantis tank with JFC.

slick44109

Member For 3 Years
O.k., I closed the juice control and vaped it for awhile. There's a slight gap between the chimney and the coil you supplied. The flow is restricted but not shut off. When I vape with it closed I still get bubbles coming through. Half a success?

slick44109

Member For 3 Years
O.k., I closed the juice control and vaped it for awhile. There's a slight gap between the chimney and the coil you supplied. The flow is restricted but not shut off. When I vape with it closed I still get bubbles coming through. Half a success?
Why might I ask would you want to close the flow completely?

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, that is half a success and unfortunately. I need an atplantis compatible tank that is leak free when it's in my pocket using 50/50 juice. The only tank I have that has working JFC is KF 5 clones but I need a factory coil tank for times when an RTA isn't a good idea. What I do with my KF5 is close the juice flow then vape it a bit to dry up the wick and it's complete leak free in my pocket. No worries about juice leaking in my pocket.

But I have good news (at least for you). I believe that the Eleaf EC2 is the solution to not having to file anything (just change the bottom connector). It has no knurling. It's completely smooth straight up from the threads at the bottom to the threads at the top. I love the EC coils but never tried the EC2 coils, but I bet they are pretty much the same vape. The threads up top might stop the JFC from working, but you don't care about that.

I may just buy a stentorian anyway and a pack of EC2 coils and see if it works, I guess.

Cheapest place I know of to buy the EC2 coils is a 50-pack (10 5-packs aka a brick) at fasttech. Comes out to $9 per 5-pack.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3007/10072850/9737238

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think my best option for JFC is the Triton V1 tank but they are hard to come by and are too expensive when you do find one. Bummer. I don't buy used tanks so that's not an option lol

slick44109

Member For 3 Years
I think my best option for JFC is the Triton V1 tank but they are hard to come by and are too expensive when you do find one. Bummer. I don't buy used tanks so that's not an option lol

Day 2 of running the Stentorian w/your coil. There is some weepage of juice coming from the air control, probably from opening to rejuice. Wouldn't consider it leak proof. If the juice control shut it down it probably wouldn't leak. Have you tried a Uwell D1 or D2 tank?
I have both, the D1 is better in my opinion. They're pretty leak proof. They have a condensation tank on the bottom that catches the weepage very nicely. Gonna havta look into those eleaf coils

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I see why it important to be able to close the juice flow completely, seepage of juice after 3days. Usable but definitely need a more suitable replacement

I get seepage from the airflow when using this coil brand new sometimes, but it always stops after 2-3 days, then I use it for as long as 2 months. I can use it longer, but by the 1.5-2 month mark flavor is almost totally gone so I change it.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was right. I bought the stentorian tank and a pack of the Eleaf EC2 coils. While you still have to switch out the positive connector on the EC2 coil with the stentorian's positive connector (no way around that), you don't have to sand the coil head's barrel because it doesn't have that thicker part near the top like the coil I sent you and about every other Atlantis compatible coil has. The EC2's barrel is uniform in width the whole way from top to bottom.

Juice flow control does not work though because the EC2 barrel is about 0.4mm skinnier than the stentorian coil's barrel. It does slow the juice flow, but it doesn't shut it off.

The top of the EC2 coil also doesn't lock into the oring/seal inside the top of stentorian's chamber because the EC2 coil's barrel is about 1mm shorter than the stentorian's coil barrel, but so far this doesn't seem to cause any leaking issues or anything. If it does, it could be remedied with an oring or 2 stuffed inside the stentorian's chamber, but I'll cross that bridge only when I have to.

The only downfall I have with the EC2 coils (0.5 ohm) is that the coils inside must be thicker gauge than the regular EC coils and the one I sent you because the rampup time is atrocious at 25W and eve at 35W. With the regular EC it's nearly instant rampup. This indicates thicker wire gauge. From even just a semi cooled coil, it takes 4-5 seconds to rampup to get vapor. That really sucks IMHO. At 40W it only takes 2 seconds to rampup, but 40W is too high/warm for me.

I have only been vaping the stentorian with the EC2 head for a couple of hours now so I can't tell you much more. But definitely no leaks or weeping so far even with 50/50 juice.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
What about a Herakles Honor tank? You might note it in case you can come across one somewhere. It has juice flow control and can use Atlantis coils.

I have a couple of them somewhere, but unfortunately they have been used. I never had great luck with them, but I also had a lot less vaping experience when I was using them. Same with the OG Triton and iJust-S (no juice control iirc). I kind of had the same basic idea as you, that Atlantis-compatible tanks would be good for the vapocalypse box, and I stocked up on the Vaporesso c-Cell coils that work in the Atlantis.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What about a Herakles Honor tank? You might note it in case you can come across one somewhere. It has juice flow control and can use Atlantis coils.

I have a couple of them somewhere, but unfortunately they have been used

Well if you ever find them, let me know what what you want for them. They have superior JFC design compared to the other Herakles tanks because the Honor doesn't rely on the width of the coil body for the JFC to work, it has it's own inner wall that the coil sits behind.

kind of had the same basic idea as you, that Atlantis-compatible tanks would be good for the vapocalypse box, and I stocked up on the Vaporesso c-Cell coils that work in the Atlantis.

I'm heavily invested in Atlantis compatible coils. Only problem is by the time I found good deals on the coils, the tanks I wanted for them were already nowhere to be found. But I have a bunch of Melo 3 tanks they fit in that I got will all my Pico kits. Not the best tank in the world, but not bad. No JFC of course. What I would also love to have is some 24/25mm tanks that take Atlantis coils, with or without JFC. The Melo 4 would work, but I'm not paying more than $10 per new tank at this point. Every place I've seen wants $13 or more before shipping. Not worth it IMHO, when I have other tanks I can use.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors