Become a Patron!

storing VG ?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
i just ordered a gallon from BCF. idk how i should store and go through it long term. with what i have now, maybe 900ml, and this, i will have enough for many years. thanx

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok. what about containers ? = leave it in what its in and use it, or glass bottles ?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ok. what about containers ? = leave it in what its in and use it, or glass bottles ?
Just for ease of handling, I pour into more manageable bottles, since I buy by the gallon. I always have an 8oz squeeze bottle on hand, same with PG.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I keep most of my VG in the basement in a plastic storage bin. There's always at least a few gallons in there. When I buy more, they go to the back of the line.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yup. I put them into 16 oz squeeze bottles, too.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Basement storage for me as well. I leave it in the gallon it comes in. Have used some for 2+ years with no problems.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
thank you everyone. you've answered my question just fine. which was, is it ok to leave in the bottle it came in. i was concerned about leaching of the plastic.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I kept mine in my deep freezer until I had to make room for covid famine supplies ;)
Just in a box in the basement right now.
the stuff does not freeze until -60F or something like that.

does get unpourably thick though have to let it warm up to pour some out of the jug.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mix 50/50 and a gal of PG and one of VG lasts me a couple of years or maybe more I think.
Have not kept accurate track of it.

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So how long does a gallon of VG last for you?

1 gallon VG, 1 liter PG + nic in PG lasts me anywhere from 10 months to a little over a year depending on how I mix it. I vape around 120ml a week on average. Mostly 80% VG mixes, Tobacco's @ 50/50 w/ higher nic levels stretch it a bit longer.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I live in the UAE, inland about 70 miles. It's hot here. We're already hitting 105 F everyday. In July and August it hits 120+ F every day, without fail. I've been mixing for 3 years. I keep all my stuff, except nic, in closets. If I'm not in the room the A/C is off and at the hottest the rooms can hit 100+, no problem. The summer lasts 6 months here. I've yet to have anything go bad due to heat. I have some flavors I haven't used in a couple of years that may be bad, but I don't use them so no worries there. Yes, I'm very accustomed to this heat after 21 years. I could never live in New England again.

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I store my PG & VG in a dark cabinet. Never had a issue with either.

VU Sponsors