Become a Patron!

Strawberry Cheese Cake Help - CAP

MadCowsGoMooo

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all, I was wondering if using just CAP Sweet Strawberry & New York Cheesecake would work ok.

Was thinking 10% NYCC & 5% SS
Any ideas of what possibly to add would be helpful. Thanks

Sent from my E5303 using Tapatalk

MadCowsGoMooo

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks very much I'll definitely give that one a try.

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Caps sweet strawberry has a particular flavor. To me it tastes very candied. I enjoy mixing some tfa ripe strawberry or FA strawberry with it to get a really good strawberry. But if the caps sweet strawberry suits you I'd give that combo a go, i would suggest going a bit lower wth the cheesecake though. Its a very good cheesecake flavor, but too much of it and it tends to get a little twangy. Maybe try like 8%? Well I hope any of this is useful to you, just my 2 cents. Happy mixing!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks very much I'll definitely give that one a try.

I made that one up myself yesterday and it's a sugar ball with some Strawberry added.
At least just tasting it from the bottle anyway, haven't vaped it yet tho.
Next batch I'll probably try 0.5% sweetener instead...

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I made that one up myself yesterday and it's a sugar ball with some Strawberry added.
At least just tasting it from the bottle anyway, haven't vaped it yet tho.
Next batch I'll probably try 0.5% sweetener instead...

I tried it when he first posted it and it was waaaayyyyy to sweet for me and the cheesecake was waaaayyyy too cheesy. Didn't like it at all. Let it age for a couple of weeks and it was no better. I think the sweet with so much cheese just isn't my thing.

Edit.... That's not to say it isn't an excellent recipe for many people :)

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I tried it when he first posted it and it was waaaayyyyy to sweet for me and the cheesecake was waaaayyyy too cheesy. Didn't like it at all. Let it age for a couple of weeks and it was no better. I think the sweet with so much cheese just isn't my thing.

Edit.... That's not to say it isn't an excellent recipe for many people :)

I typically use the NY Cheesecake at 3% max, and sometimes mix it with 3% TFA Cheesecake Graham.
I've just started using a bit of sweetener & Stevia in things but 1-2 drops only, rather than percents:eek:.
Still haven't got the Cheesecakes the way I want them yet.
Don't care for the LA Cheesecake alone but may add some to the above mix but I'm doubtful.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I typically use the NY Cheesecake at 3% max, and sometimes mix it with 3% TFA Cheesecake Graham.
I've just started using a bit of sweetener & Stevia in things but 1-2 drops only, rather than percents:eek:.
Still haven't got the Cheesecakes the way I want them yet.
Don't care for the LA Cheesecake alone but may add some to the above mix but I'm doubtful.
If I could clone the cheesecake factory lemon raspberry I would click my heels for joy.

I think the diyordie recipe should be sweet enough without the sweetner.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I could clone the cheesecake factory lemon raspberry I would click my heels for joy.
:mad:Damn it! I just put all my mixing stuff away, logged in, read this, stuff back out. So I mixed this up on a whim. Not sure how it will turn out. I guess only a good steep will tell.:)
Raspberry(FA) .75%
Cheesecake(CAP) 4
GC Cheesecake(TFA) 2%
Lemon Cake(INW) 2.5%
Custard(FA) 1.5%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:mad:Damn it! I just put all my mixing stuff away, logged in, read this, stuff back out. So I mixed this up on a whim. Not sure how it will turn out. I guess only a good steep will tell.:)
Raspberry(FA) .75%
Cheesecake(CAP) 4
GC Cheesecake(TFA) 2%
Lemon Cake(INW) 2.5%
Custard(FA) 1.5%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
I don't have INW Lemon Cake. I was wondering if a touch of TFA cranberry would help with the tartness. It is a little tart.

I was thinking:
Raspberry (FA) 0.5
TFA Cranberry 0.25%
NY Cheesecake (CAP) 4%
TFA Cheesecake Graham 2%
INW Biscuit 1%
Lemon Sicily (FA) 2%
TFA Sweet Cream 2%
Custard(FA) 0.5% (stole that from you)

I don't know if this sweet enough. I haven't made it,

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have INW Lemon Cake. I was wondering if a touch of TFA cranberry would help with the tartness. It is a little tart.

I was thinking:
Raspberry (FA) 0.5
TFA Cranberry 0.25%
NY Cheesecake (CAP) 4%
TFA Cheesecake Graham 2%
INW Biscuit 1%
Lemon Sicily (FA) 2%
TFA Sweet Cream 2%
Custard(FA) 0.5% (stole that from you)

I don't know if this sweet enough. I haven't made it,
Give it a whirl. I never add sweetener to any of my mixes. I like your ideal using some biscuit. I was going to use some Lemon Sicily, but I waned to try something different by using Lemon Cake, just to see. Let me know how your mix turns out.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Give it a whirl. I never add sweetener to any of my mixes. I like your ideal using some biscuit. I was going to use some Lemon Sicily, but I waned to try something different by using Lemon Cake, just to see. Let me know how your mix turns out.
I am getting ready to make it now. The Cheesecake factory has a cookie like crust but not FA cookie like. The INW Lemon cake seems pretty versatile. I may have to try that one. Definitely not a one trick pony.

VU Sponsors