Street Fighter Producer Yoshinori Ono to Leave Capcom After 30 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Street Fighter producer and Capcom developer Yoshinori Ono has announced that he will be resigning from the company he's worked with for almost 30 years this summer. Ono took to Twitter to explain his decision, and he began by bringing up the challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic have brought upon the world and how it has impacted the Capcom Pro Tour and its format for 2020. He then moved on to talk about his departure, and described how much Street Fighter, and its community, have meant to him. [ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2017/08/02/street-fighter-producer-yoshinori-ono-explains-his-blanka-obsession"] "I've been with the Street Fighter brand for a long time, experiencing good times, bad times, and even non-existent times," Ono said. "My heart is filled with appreciation to those players who've been giving warm and kind support on the brand especially little over the past decade or so as all the activities on the Street Fighter brand regained sunshine and grew its liveliness." "And now, after serving almost 30 years at Capcom, I am leaving the company in this summer. This means that I will resign my position as the brand manager for Capcom's various titles including Street Fighter. " "Capcom staff in the new generation will continue taking care of the Street Fighter brand and leading the World Warriors. And, I do believe that they will continue making Street Fighter extraordinary. I will look forward to seeing the new Street Fighter brand and how it's going to be expanded, as just one of the regular gamers next time around." [widget path="global/article/imagegallery" parameters="legacyId=20103840&captions=true"] Ono began his career at PlayStation as a music composer before he went to work on Street Fighter Alpha 3 as a sound manager. He would go on to help with many games, including Devil May Cry, Onimusha, Resident Evil: Outbreak, and more. He quickly became a fan favorite around his work on Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter V, as he would appear at many fan events and tournaments with a smile and wonderful energy. You can read Ono's full statement here. [poilib element="accentDivider"] Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected]. Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter @AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors