Become a Patron!

Struggling with disassembly of Voodoo Mojo (uforce tank)

Hi,
I’m no expert & don’t really know the lingo so please bear with me...

I currently have a mix of 2 e-cigs: I have the tank of a Voopoo Mojo - which I believe is a uforce tank on the battery of an Aegis Mini by Geek Vape.

This has worked perfectly fine until I half dropped it a couple days ago. I say half, as it was connected to the charging adapter & instead of completely falling it just took a hit against the side of my bed.

The display is now reading ‘no coil detected’. I had just recently changed the coil (u2) a couple days previous.

I have tried to dismantle the tank in order to check the coil, to replace it if need be, just to basically check that all is in working order but I cannot, for the life of me, get this tank apart. I have even cracked the glass tank, presumably from the pressure I have been applying to twist. Each time I try, all that happens is the air flow rotation at the bottom moves instead & continues on further than a full rotation. There seems to be no way to do disconnect the glass from the metal at either the top or bottom.

Now I know this can be done, as I’ve done it before to change coils, but for some reason now it seems stuck. My fingers are full of blisters from the effort... can anybody advise?

Attachments

• A9AC4848-3F82-4C24-AFE6-4A4BDCE0A6CA.jpeg
    A9AC4848-3F82-4C24-AFE6-4A4BDCE0A6CA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, if it's a UForce tank, it definitely should come apart at the bottom.

I'd recommend wrapping the bottom part in a cloth and using a pair of channel lock pliers to get it apart. Sounds like you're going to need new glass, too - maybe you should just buy a new tank?

And in future, I'd recommend not tightening the parts so tight. You can crimp o-rings and ruin them by over-tightening. That can also cause leaking.,

Well, if it's a UForce tank, it definitely should come apart at the bottom.

I'd recommend wrapping the bottom part in a cloth and using a pair of channel lock pliers to get it apart. Sounds like you're going to need new glass, too - maybe you should just buy a new tank?

And in future, I'd recommend not tightening the parts so tight. You can crimp o-rings and ruin them by over-tightening. That can also cause leaking.,
Oh I know it comes apart at the bottom, I have done this before. This is why I’m so confused now that it won’t.
I have a replacement glass already, the kit contained a spare so I’d rather not buy a new tank if I can avoid it. This has a large capacity fill, which is the reason I’m using this rather than the Aegis Mini tank on it’s own battery.
I’ll see if we have any of the pliers you mentioned. Thank you for the advice :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always look for a video on Youtube when I can't remember HTF one of my tanks comes apart. Helps when you can see it. I have also found that sticking a small screwdriver or pointed pick took in an air hole works wonders~! You don't crack the glass that way and I am the one to tell you when all else fails break out the Channel Loc Pliers~!

1606342135165.png

I always look for a video on Youtube when I can't remember HTF one of my tanks comes apart. Helps when you can see it. I have also found that sticking a small screwdriver or pointed pick took in an air hole works wonders~! You don't crack the glass that way and I am the one to tell you when all else fails break out the Channel Loc Pliers~!

View attachment 173701
Hi there,
Thank you, I didn’t think about popping something in the air hole. It didn’t work out this time but I will keep it mind in case I’m ever in this position again.
The pliers came in handy, though not for the intended reason - We had to crush through the glass in the end. I’m not sure what’s happened this time but even my Dad, with his superman strength, couldn’t get this thing apart. I’ve replaced the coil & tentatively put back together so fingers crossed this was a one off!
Thank’s for your help though, I do appreciate it :)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Maybe it doesn't have to be tighten as much as you have been? If when assembling, the o-rings that touch are spongy or even if not, I Just let them touch then a little more partial turn. Take it to bits and clean it every few days or so, depending on how much juice you put through it. Glad you got it going.

VU Sponsors