Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.journalnow.com/business/...cle_28265b33-5b9a-5b99-b09a-f15bf30c8e16.html

"The Portland State researchers have said that while many e-cig smokers don’t use the product at such high-voltage levels, there are enough who do to warrant raising concerns of a higher lifetime risk of cancer than from traditional cigarettes."

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that these researchers have no grasp of ohms.and how atomizers work.
If they do then that would mean that they are lying on purpose. - 5150

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How is the voltage connected to level of carcinogens? I guess they would mean it as the overall power level pushed to the coils right? So whats the cutoff? Whats considered "high-voltage"? A new vaper would probably see me vaping at 4.2 volts in a regulated mod and think its high, while other people are maxing out an RX200 at 9 volts without blinking.

Its such a crappy thing that nearly every single "study" Ive seen done on vaping has an obvious agenda to it or otherwise is seemingly skewed towards one side or the other. Everyone seems to have an agenda with it, especially "scientists" or "researchers" who care enough about the topic to do studies or research. Can we ever get a straight, unbiased answer? Can we do it in this lifetime please? If this shits gonna kill us in 10 years it does us no good to have 20 years of biased bickering back and forth before serious unbiased studies are gonna be done lol.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any combustion produces carcinogens.

Jack the power up until something starts burning, or close to it, and voila - carcinogens.

I'm not a researcher or a chemist or anything close to anything like that, and I think that if the "formaldehyde" experiment was scrutinized it would be exposed as stupid as fuck.

VU Sponsors