Become a Patron!

suggest/link me wire (TC, non TC, round, exotic, MTL, etc)

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
I have a dna75 single 18650 that I take out with me.
I just ordered a bunch of small'ish MTL clones to use with it (Spica, Prime, V5, Millie, Gate).

I also have a DNA250C triple 18650 that I use at home.

I never used TC and don't really want to learn it nor power curves but might have to learn that later if I feel the need to. I already prefer and am grateful for escribe customization so maybe TC and curves won't be a PITA to add.

I couldn't get DNA250C's idiot-proof Replay Mode to work the one time I tried it with a dual SS fused clapton (others have had this problem, maybe it was the tank I was using).

For DNA250C bigger builds, I just ordered an Aromamizer V2 Plus RTA. And a Fatality 25mm. Fatality I might also use on the DNA75 with a smaller coil so battery easily lasts a day.

I'm guessing for the smaller MTL tanks to get round 316L if I do TC, and for wattage mode some Kanthal. I'm OK with even buying a DNA75C for Replay mode if the MOD is small sized though.

I really don't like ramp up time even with smaller coils, so maybe I should just learn TC and get 316L wire? For the DNA250C builds, ramp up would be long but I'm hoping Replay Mode will easily solve that.

Not sure which gauges.

And/or maybe for the MTL smaller builds get some thin clapton or something besides round? I don't want to kill the battery fast though but am OK with smaller puffs.

I already have some all-SS 316L Geek Vape Fused Clapton 26ga * 2 + 30ga, so that should be good for the bigger builds and Replay.

Thank you

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The metal type that ramps up faster than both Kanthal A1 and SS 316L is called Nichrome 80. For the Fatality M25 you could get a pair of handbuilt alien coils 28/36 at 7 wraps 3mm ID (pic below), which is a .2 ohms dual coil build that is suitable to be used on any regulated mod in power mode between 90 and 100 watts or thereabout, and, neither TC nor Replay is required for this. The ramp up on this is comfortably fast, but not really instant. You can experiment with power curves to make use of the preheat capability of your DNA mod, to speed up the ramp up. Power curves are not exactly rocket science. The idea there is to just bump the wattage up, momentarily, briefly at the start of each puff. (For truly instant ramp up, I highly recommend that you venture into building your own advanced coils on a mech mod.)

dot-two-alien-coils.jpg

VU Sponsors