Become a Patron!

Suggested batteries or recommended batteries?

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I bought the VooPoo Drag and I believe the forum members when they say the LG HG2 and Sonys are ok to use. However after owning the mod for almost 4 days, I finally decided to look into the owner's manual. I'm surprised it said the recommended batteries should be 35A or above!

Are there batteries with actually that high of an AMP rating? I don't think I would ever go over 120W with my 0.4 ohm coil so would I really need the 35A battery?

Also, do you think its more safe to buy Sony VTC5A over the LG HG2 since the LG's have so many counterfeits?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So I bought the VooPoo Drag and I believe the forum members when they say the LG HG2 and Sonys are ok to use. However after owning the mod for almost 4 days, I finally decided to look into the owner's manual. I'm surprised it said the recommended batteries should be 35A or above!

Are there batteries with actually that high of an AMP rating? I don't think I would ever go over 120W with my 0.4 ohm coil so would I really need the 35A battery?

Also, do you think its more safe to buy Sony VTC5A over the LG HG2 since the LG's have so many counterfeits?
If you buy your batteries from a reputable dealer, e. g. https://liionwholesale.com, or https://www.illumn.com, you shouldn't get any counterfeits. Although, the HG2 might work, I'd rather use the VTC5A, just to be on the safe side, and you might try higher wattages on the long run.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check out Mooch's battery guide. As a rule of thumb, only use batteries from manufacturers such as Samsung, LG, Sony, HohmTech. Stay away from brands like imren, efest etc.

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well that's the thing. Initially I bought the LG HG2's which turned out to be fake. Finally found a local guy who was extremely honest. He sells fake and authentics and he had no problem telling me which is which. Finally picked up the VTC5A

VU Sponsors