Become a Patron!

Super high wattage battery safety

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So this might not be the right forum for this topic, but I want to try. I have been using the TFV8 Baby Beast with the 0.4ohm coils, and like it a lot. The coils are a little annoying because they are very inconsistent on all of my mods. I've gone through 6 coils, and unless I crank the tank down really tight, I get readings that jump from 0.42 - 1.2ohms. If I really tighten the tank down, it stays stable around 0.4. That's an issue only with this tank, on all of my mods. No other tanks give these jumpy readings (so it's not my pins).

Back to my questions. I run either LG HG2's or Sony VTC5's. Both are great, capable of constant 20A. Right now, 0.4ohms is the lowest I vape (38-52watts). And I feel safe there. I have a good amount of wiggle room in my amp limits, so I don't worry about my battery safety. But I do want to try out the 0.15ohm head that came with the TFV8. And for that I'd have to seriously push the limit of my batteries, if not surpass them. say I want to try those coils at 80watts. That would mean I'e be drawing 23A from a battery that can only deliver 20A. I chain vape, and was wondering what you guys do to vape safely when your vaping high wattages with lower ohm builds.

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the link. I knew that each cell could supply 75 watts. Just wasn't sure of the resistance restrictions. While I do use mech mods sometimes, I am more careful with them. Only 0.5 ohm and above. And only tanks with really long 510 pins. For my day to day vaping, I use my sx mini q class, alien, or x Cube

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No problem. Yeah the resistance doesn't mean much on regs. It'll either fire or it won't, since the chip does all the thinking. Never hurts to ask questions and get second opinions, though.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So this might not be the right forum for this topic, but I want to try. I have been using the TFV8 Baby Beast with the 0.4ohm coils, and like it a lot. The coils are a little annoying because they are very inconsistent on all of my mods. I've gone through 6 coils, and unless I crank the tank down really tight, I get readings that jump from 0.42 - 1.2ohms. If I really tighten the tank down, it stays stable around 0.4. That's an issue only with this tank, on all of my mods. No other tanks give these jumpy readings (so it's not my pins).

Back to my questions. I run either LG HG2's or Sony VTC5's. Both are great, capable of constant 20A. Right now, 0.4ohms is the lowest I vape (38-52watts). And I feel safe there. I have a good amount of wiggle room in my amp limits, so I don't worry about my battery safety. But I do want to try out the 0.15ohm head that came with the TFV8. And for that I'd have to seriously push the limit of my batteries, if not surpass them. say I want to try those coils at 80watts. That would mean I'e be drawing 23A from a battery that can only deliver 20A. I chain vape, and was wondering what you guys do to vape safely when your vaping high wattages with lower ohm builds.
This is not a factor with regulated mods if the board cannot fire it just wont most 2 battery mods fire just fine to 150watts

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi Baba
The pin on the bottom of the base on the TFV8 push it up from the bottom...when you screw in the next coil it will push it down again ....sometimes that pin gets snagged and doesn't form a great contact even when screwing the tank on the mod! This should help with stabilising the resistence of the pre made coil

In terms of safety I put together a extensive post on regulated mods have a read :) (I put in loads of links to other articles as well for additional reading)

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/regulated-mods-and-safety.314459/

As mr scary said resistence doesn't play a part on battery safety for regulated mod ...it's mechanical mods that it affects it

on all those mods you listed you are actually better off with a low ohm build as it will require less voltage to heat it

Anyway all in that link above ;)

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That makes sense. I know enough about mechanical devices to know what I can work with on my mechs. I don't know enough about computer chips, so I just thought I should be just as careful, or not chain vape as much as I do when using super low ohm builds.

As for the pin, I've tried that before. It didn't do anything. Might just be a little faulty tank. It happens, so I wont bash it for my experiences. I still use it daily.

VU Sponsors