Become a Patron!

Supernatural: "Book of the Damned" Review

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Note: Full spoilers for the episode follow.

The Mark of Cain has been a strong undercurrent throughout the season. Its consequences and influence have been driving some necessary development for both Winchesters and pushing them into taking actions they would have previously called unthinkable. The mere existence of the Mark is helping the show stay fresh and interesting, and they've been addressing it in one way or another in most episodes. But it's sort of wishy washy.

Sometimes Sam and Dean lie to each other about the Mark. Sometimes they're honest. They go back and forth about whether they can get rid of it. It feels like they haven't quite settled on what to do with the curse behind-the-scenes.

Continue reading…

Continue reading...

NicVicious13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You know, of all places, I am so happy to marry my vape love with my SPN love. I just went total fan girl for a sec.

SPOILER ALERT FOR CURRENT SEASON AND LAST SEASON! you've been warned. Now, moving along...

I personally feel this season is .... tepid. At best....

I don't like the wishy washy flip flopping. I really miss the brothers that would do anything for each other. Even if Sam is trying to help, it just has a different "feel" to it. I don't know, this season just doesn't hit me like it used to. I used to hang on to each and every episode with a death grip and would feel lost until next week when it left me hanging. Now, I go days without watching and have to catch up by the time the most current one airs. I would have thought that was unthinkable before. I used to work over time on other days just to be off work in time to watch new episodes!

There's just something about the bro love that has been lacking not only this season, but felt it somewhat last season as well.

I feel I've grown bored with the book of the damn and the mark of Cain. Honestly, Demon Dean could have stuck around longer to make it more interesting but that was over quickly and then went to something a little less interesting.

I would call myself a die hard.... but even I have to admit, I've been disappointed lately. Hoping that next season? will be better now that they are certain of a next season..

Now - while we are on the topic.... I've really been wanting to turn my box mod into something SPN themed.... I know...cheezball here lol but I would LOVE it... I would be making little ghosty clouds everywhere!

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

VU Sponsors