Become a Patron!

Surgeon General sounds the alarm on teens and e-cigarettes

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thu December 8, 2016
(CNN)The nation's top doctor is sounding the alarm on e-cigarettes, especially when used by teens and young adults.
~snip~
Specifically, among middle and high school students, use of e-cigarettes has more than tripled since 2011, the report indicates. Meanwhile, after a period of relative stability from 2011 to 2013, vaping among young adults between 18 and 24 years old more than doubled from 2013 to 2014.
~snip~
Echoing findings in the report, Dreyer noted that the other ingredients in the vaping liquids may be causing harm as they get heated and aerosolized and enter the lungs. Secondhand aerosol exhaled into the air by e-cigarette users can expose others to potentially harmful chemicals as well, the report found. Researchers suspect these chemicals are dangerous even if they have not yet proven it or figured out at what dose.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/08/health/surgeon-general-report-on-e-cigarettes/index.html

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
~more~
In the report, the Surgeon General called for federal, state and local action immediately, such as including e-cigarettes in smoking bans as well as significant increases in taxes and the price of e-cigarette products.
~snip~

As noted in the report, a majority of younger vapers used a flavored product the first time they tried an e-cigarette.
Dreyer hopes for new regulations around flavorings and packaging that might be especially appealing to children, though he is generally pleased with the FDA's progress.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Specifically, among middle and high school students, EXPERIMENTATION of e-cigarettes has more than tripled since 2011

"Use" as in more than 20 days a month is still down around 2.5% which is even less then "Use" of cigarettes has dropped since then.

Cigarettes are far more addictive, Besides 60% of teens don't even bother to use nicotine.
20% of teens "Don't know" which which means they probably just took one puff or two off of a friends mod at a party or something.

Vaping is actually a barrier to smoking and you'd have to be an idiot to not see it.

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Considering the Royal Collage of Physicians endorses Vaping and spoke out about how deadly Tobacco is years before the US Surgeon General I'll take their advice over the Big Pharma puppets in our government. It's not like the RCP has been around for 500 years ;)

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
While yes it is hurting us of legal age vapers, it's helping keep young'un of off the smokes and chew. I readily admit, I know this young boy (about 17 yrs old) and he had been dipping for a couple years previously. I gave him an old cig a like I had and some old gas station ejuice i'd had lying around. His mom was grateful because she'd tried everything to get him to quit, patches, gum, making him drink his bacca spit, and even whooping his butt. Nothing worked till the e-cig. He only vapes at home because he knows he could get into trouble but he is staying off the dip. He's a pretty good kid and is now living with his grandfather helping him out with his business, because the grandfather is unwell.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My husband signed, too. Get all your loved ones who are glad you vape now to sign it too!

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is EXACTLY what is needed, fire the dumb CORRUPT piece of shit.

And with Trump in charge... preferably get a new one with a fucking AMERICAN name!

Andria

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
After he is fired, can we make him share a jail cell with Hillary?

He will be her "Bitch" in no time flat!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After he is fired, can we make him share a jail cell with Hillary?

He will be her "Bitch" in no time flat!
That was one of the first things Trump flipped on was prosecuting Hillary.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
That was one of the first things Trump flipped on was prosecuting Hillary.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

If we were playing poker would It wouldn't make any sense to show your hand before you were even at the table?

Trump isn't at the table yet.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Aaah, if you believe that I've got a good deal on a bridge for you ;)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-its-supposed-to-work/?utm_term=.356e64306e88
What that article basically says is that Trump won't push either way -- in other words, what happens to HRC will be up to Jeff Sessions. Maybe you should look up who what Sessions sentiments towards her are.

Then there's this quote:
Putting political opponents in jail for offenses committed in a political setting, even if they are criminal offenses — and they very well may be — is something that we don’t do here

So now it's OK to commit criminal offenses provided it's done in a political setting?

That article is from February, and the article it cites (from July of 2015!) says nothing of the sort. Yes, it says Trump admits to using "Build the wall!" as a means of getting his crowds riled up, but nowhere does it say he doesn't intend actually do build it. If it do

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What that article basically says is that Trump won't push either way -- in other words, what happens to HRC will be up to Jeff Sessions. Maybe you should look up who what Sessions sentiments towards her are.

Then there's this quote:
Putting political opponents in jail for offenses committed in a political setting, even if they are criminal offenses — and they very well may be — is something that we don’t do here

So now it's OK to commit criminal offenses provided it's done in a political setting?

That article is from February, and the article it cites (from July of 2015!) says nothing of the sort. Yes, it says Trump admits to using "Build the wall!" as a means of getting his crowds riled up, but nowhere does it say he doesn't intend actually do build it. If it do

Like I said, I've got a Bridge I can sell you for a good price.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't give a damn if Trump accomplished HALF the things he mentioned campaigning....I would have left the country for good if Hitlery was elected...that lying no good piece of shit corrupt bitch.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't give a damn if Trump accomplished HALF the things he mentioned campaigning....I would have left the country for good if Hitlery was elected...that lying no good piece of shit corrupt bitch.
Which Trump has been a friend of the Clinton's for years, he's even a major donor to the Clinton Foundation.

So if anyone believes he's going to go after Clinton, like I said I've got a bridge for sale ;)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't give a shit about Hitlery or the foundations, just astatic the bitch lost....!

VU Sponsors