Become a Patron!

Sweet and Fruity... NO artificial sweetener??

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking for some simple 3-4 flavor recipes...

Orange
watermelon
pineapple
mango
mandarin
peach
etc, etc

I have had very limited success finding a flavor I like. I've tried sorting ELR recipes by highest ratings and testing some of them.

I'd like to find something that really stands out, strong flavored

like an orange pineapple
Cherry mango
or just a combination of several oranges

Are there any other sites like ELR that list ratings and can be sorted by ratings?

I finally got a scale and really enjoy mixing this way as syringes are a real PIA

Just cant seem to find a recipe that works for me.

I am VERY sensitive to the artificial sweeteners... Are there any flovors that are "naturally" sweet or "fruity"

Seems a lot of them have bavarian cream or custards or dessert type flavorings.

I just want fruit...sweet and juicy :)

Thanks!!!!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

Orange
watermelon
pineapple
mango
mandarin
peach
etc, etc

I have had very limited success finding a flavor I like. I've tried sorting ELR recipes by highest ratings and testing some of them.

I'd like to find something that really stands out, strong flavored

like an orange pineapple
Cherry mango
or just a combination of several oranges

Are there any other sites like ELR that list ratings and can be sorted by ratings?

I finally got a scale and really enjoy mixing this way as syringes are a real PIA

Just cant seem to find a recipe that works for me.

I am VERY sensitive to the artificial sweeteners... Are there any flovors that are "naturally" sweet or "fruity"

Seems a lot of them have bavarian cream or custards or dessert type flavorings.

Thanks!!!!

Ok.. I responded elsewhere to maybe someone else, but it will fit here as well..

lets say for this you have apple, red raspberry and strawberry, all from flavorah

Let's say you start working on solos, and you find that you like apple at 1%, red raspberry at .8% and strawberry at 1%

do a first sample mix of everything just as you like it… vape it and see how it is.
if it needs less apple, cut it down to half… mix again
if it needs more strawberry, you can cut down the other 2 flavors
if you want more red raspberry, cut down the other 2 flavors
if you like the apple and want less strawberry and red raspberry

Hard to believe you are still having issues, @BrokenChef but maybe this will help you better..

Start with solos and find where you like your own flavors.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have used this sweetener for 3.5 years.
I cannot tolerate artificial sweeteners and many flavorings have artificial sweeteners in them.
NuNaturals Liquid Clear NuStevia.
Got my last at GNC I think Amazon has it.

All Stevia sweeteners are not created equal this one is good.

Got to thinking and ordered another bottle :)
Getting low after a couple of years on that bottle.
It comes in alc free or with some grain alc.
I get the one with alc.

Last edited:

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have used this sweetener for 3.5 years.
I cannot tolerate artificial sweeteners and many flavorings have artificial sweeteners in them.
NuNaturals Liquid Clear NuStevia.
Got my last at GNC I think Amazon has it.

All Stevia sweeteners are not created equal this one is good.

Got to thinking and ordered another bottle :)
Getting low after a couple of years on that bottle.
It comes in alc free or with some grain alc.
I get the one with alc.
I got some of that and, to me, it's horrible. In fact, it made everything I used it in taste exactly like the taste I despise in all the pre-made flavors I hate... Lol that was hard to say. I tried it all the way down to 1 drop per 10ml and it's clearly, exactly what I don't like.

I'm thinking maybe I need to be using other flavorings that have sweetness to them...

I was actually about to send you a message when I saw your reply...

What are your thoughts on CAP super sweet and other flavorings like candy roll, meringue, flavors with sweet in the name like sweet strawberry, sweet peach, sweet Watermelon, etc.

Any flavors that are sweet on their own?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are your thoughts on CAP super sweet and other flavorings like candy roll, meringue, flavors with sweet in the name like sweet strawberry, sweet peach, sweet Watermelon, etc.
Horrible is my opinion on them and any marshmallow flavoring as well.
As I said I cannot tolerate any artificial sweetener.
Results vary from horrible after taste that lingers for maybe an hour to just bad tasting or chemically.
And yes I know I am in a tiny minority group with that.
I will go thirsty before taking a sip of a diet soda.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Horrible is my opinion on them and any marshmallow flavoring as well.
As I said I cannot tolerate any artificial sweetener.
Results vary from horrible after taste that lingers for maybe an hour to just bad tasting or chemically.
And yes I know I am in a tiny minority group with that.
I will go thirsty before taking a sip of a diet soda.

Totally agree on the diet soda, I am with you on the fake sweets but can't figure out how you are able to tolerate that stevia as it falls into the same fake sweet nasty for me.

I've tasted so many juices that were great for the first 5 seconds, then turned into "give me a razor so I can cut off my tongue".

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Totally agree on the diet soda, I am with you on the fake sweets but can't figure out how you are able to tolerate that stevia as it falls into the same fake sweet nasty for me.
as I have said before not all stevia is created equal quite a bit of it has a bitter shade to it.
There are several varieties of the Stevia plant that are used to make sweetener...

And on Putrid Sweet I would just a soon siphon gas as drink it.
The gas taste goes away sooner than the putrid sweet taste.
And it actually seems to upset my stomach.
Found that out years ago when the wife unit did not believe me and fixed me some putrid sweet Jello.
Had not had any jello in a while but knew something was wrong with the first bite, asked her if it was putrid sweet stuff and she lied.
by the third bite I asked her why she had tried to poison me..
Went and got box from trash.
I have not let her forget that to this day.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I think the main thing is to find flavors you believe you will enjoy, each with their own merit.

As far as sweeteners go.. everyone (except me, I am the odd person out, I do not buy vendor juices).. loves that sweetened approach..
Things like pears, strawberries, peaches, they are already sweet fruits, but processing from real fruits into a vapeable flavor, there are certain processes the flavors go thru to chemically enhance the taste ready cravers..

This again is why I say, start low on solo flavors and raise them up to where you enjoy the taste.. not go overboard.. but at the right spots most flavors are sweet enough on their own..

I too agree with our @JuicyLucy ... it's just not needed.

My question is, have you not yet gone thru and found single flavors you like?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
100% DIY for over 3.5 years myself.

I started in 2004 with smoking everywhere company.. I left vaping in 2009 and came back 2011, first hit ecf in 2012..
Have been publishing promoting and selling recipes since coming back..

I just think a few of us get so wrapped up into the details (Me) and overthink things..
Sometimes it helps to step back and think on what it is we are tasting vs expected expectations and find a happy medium.. :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started in 2004 with smoking everywhere company.. I left vaping in 2009 and came back 2011, first hit ecf in 2012..
Have been publishing promoting and selling recipes since coming back..

I just think a few of us get so wrapped up into the details (Me) and overthink things..
Sometimes it helps to step back and think on what it is we are tasting vs expected expectations and find a happy medium.. :)
I started out DIY like a house on fire and had up to 125 flavorings.
Went wild for several months on trying things out.
But for the past couple of years just use a few recipes.
Still have maybe 75 different flavorings in the freezer.
Piffed out the rest that I tried and did not like.
I have LOTS of the flavorings that I use all the time in the freezer :)
I suppose I need to either use or pif out most of the rest of my unused/untried flavorings sometime...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh and I also found that I like some of the flavorings in my coffee and such.
What some of them are actually made for after all :D

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
as I have said before not all stevia is created equal quite a bit of it has a bitter shade to it.
There are several varieties of the Stevia plant that are used to make sweetener...

And on Putrid Sweet I would just a soon siphon gas as drink it.
The gas taste goes away sooner than the putrid sweet taste.
And it actually seems to upset my stomach.
Found that out years ago when the wife unit did not believe me and fixed me some putrid sweet Jello.
Had not had any jello in a while but knew something was wrong with the first bite, asked her if it was putrid sweet stuff and she lied.
by the third bite I asked her why she had tried to poison me..
Went and got box from trash.
I have not let her forget that to this day.

ROFLMAO

My mom tires to pull the fake jello thing on us too... My dads tastes have changed and he can tolerate it now and drinks about a gallon of fake grape drink a day. I cant freaking stand it. Went to the store and bought 20 packs of real jello, went to parents house, threw out fake jello and replaced it all, packed the corner cupboard with it so when she looks, she wont buy any.

She tried that shit with everything...light, low fat, NSA, etc, etc. I can tell after the first bite and refuse to eat any of it. She will also make say a chicken casserole and use enough chicken for 1 person but feed 6 ppl with it. I'm like, What kind of casserole is this? I cant find any MEAT?!?!?! Noodles are supposed to be the side dish, not the main course! And as a chef, this drives me absolutley bat shit crazy!! And then the sprinkle of cheese across the top..It's like..Why bother!??!!? She could make 5 casseroles with the ingredients I put into 1.

You only live once, why must we endure such torture???

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to wonder a bit if artificial sweeteners could be linked to 'Vapers Tongue'?
I use no artificial sweeteners and never have vapers tongue.

I know of no studies on the subject of vapers tongue...
Just wondering...

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Very good question/observation. Many artificial sweeteners such as aspartame, sucralose etc are thought, by some, to be linked to various digestive system ailments. Not a stretch to wonder about their effects on our palate.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Orange
watermelon
pineapple

Thanks!!!!
upload_2019-1-25_11-22-33.png

The FLV Lemonade is incredibly sweet, tart, and juicy. Raspberry from INW is also slightly sweet as is watermelon from TFA. This is one of my first DIY creations that i really love and I don't vape "fruits" often on their own I'm more of a fruit and bakery type of guy.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors