Become a Patron!

Tangerine Creamsicle

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Version 1

CAP Sweet Tangerine 4%
CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 4% (Edit: you could also use TFA instead here)
TFA Dairy Milk 2%
CAP/TFA Sweet Cream 1%
DIYFS French Vanilla 1%

Version 2

CAP Sweet Tangerine 4%
TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 4%
TFA Dairy Milk 2%
INW Lemon Cake 1%
DIYFS French Vanilla 1%
FA Nonna's Cake 1%

CAP Tangerine is a "must have" for this to taste the way it was intended.
TFA Dairy Milk could maybe be subbed with TFA Vanilla Swirl, same amount.
DIYFS French Vanilla could be subbed with INW Vanilla, or another French Vanilla at same amount.
Version 2 obviously needs the Lemon Cake & Nonna's Cake.
(If you want more Tangerine up front just use 5% instead)

At 24hrs the Tangerine tasted kinda funky.
Better after 3 days but Tangerine is still too upfront.
Wanted more Ice Cream up front and hint of Tangerine in background so...
Takes a minimum of 5 days aging time.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Version 1

CAP Sweet Tangerine 4%
CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 4%
TFA Dairy Milk 2%
CAP/TFA Sweet Cream 1%
DIYFS French Vanilla 1%

Version 2

CAP Sweet Tangerine 4%
TFA Dairy Milk 2%
INW Lemon Cake 1%
DIYFS French Vanilla 1%
FA Nonna's Cake 1%

DIYFS French Vanilla could be subbed with INW Vanilla, or another French Vanilla at same amount.

Thanks!! I have enough of version one to try this one out soon. I'll have to sub the DIYFS flavor, but will try it out.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for sharing!!! could you please describe DIYFS French Vanilla as I never had this.

will try tonight with INW Shisha Vanilla. Thank you

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Version 1
CAP Sweet Tangerine 4%
TFA Dairy Milk 2%
CAP/TFA Sweet Cream 1%
DIYFS French Vanilla 1%

Thanks for sharing this @Heabob. I've made several orange/tangerine cream type recipes, including some of my own concoctions and have never been very happy with any of them. I'll definitely mix version 1 sometime this weekend. Last time I placed an order for flavors they were out of INW Lemon Cake so version 2 will have to wait. I do have INW Lemon that I haven't tried yet, but it smells very potent and exactly like lemon juice should. Of course, I'm sure that would be way different than lemon cake.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:bingo:Right up my alley. On the wishlist goes Tangerine and Milk. I'll sub the vanilla.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am currently vaping an Orange Banana which is described as an Orange Julius or Creamcicle. Orange Banana flavor from Liquid Barn.

:ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice:

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Version 1

CAP Sweet Tangerine 4%
TFA Dairy Milk 2%
CAP/TFA Sweet Cream 1%
DIYFS French Vanilla 1%

Version 2

CAP Sweet Tangerine 4%
TFA Dairy Milk 2%
INW Lemon Cake 1%
DIYFS French Vanilla 1%
FA Nonna's Cake 1%

Too kewl!! I was just thinking about doing something with my sweet tangerine last night! Thanks for sharing :)

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny as you posted this. I have a version steeping right now that I am oh so patiently waiting to vape. Thanks for the share. I'll check to see if my recpie I found on ELR is close to the above be looks close. I'm hoping to adapt from there to get an orange crush vape...which used to be my adv prior to DIY

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for sharing!!! could you please describe DIYFS French Vanilla as I never had this.

It's the best I've tried so far and even works stand alone around 5%.
But I'll admit I haven't tried the Shisha that way yet.
Only drawback is the price of DIYFS flavors is a bit steep but it was a little better deal for 30ml than the sample size.
DIYFS Holy Vanilla has had many rave reviews but I think the French Vanilla is even better.

Last edited:

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
DIYFS Holy Vanilla has had many rave reviews but I thing the French Vanilla is even better.

I agree 100%. That French Vanilla is special. I have a recipe I'll be sharing soon that I use 2% in. I think if it's subbed with another French Vanilla it just won't be as good. It's a little pricey, but well worth it for that one.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow Thanks Heabob I love orange flavors and this one looks like a must try, thanks again for the share!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wow Thanks Heabob I love orange flavors and this one looks like a must try, thanks again for the share!

I really like the Orange flavors myself and even like TFA Orange Cream, CAP Orange Creamsicle, & FW Orange Dream Bar.
But the Tangerine seem to be my favorite now, as it's just a bit of a different type Orange I think.
Hoping others might enjoy this too.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This sounds very tasty, I'll definitely try it when I'm finally able to get some Sweet Tangerine ... seems to always be OOS when I'm ordering. :(

Which version do you like best?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If it is always out of stock it might be that popular and extremely good!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This sounds very tasty, I'll definitely try it when I'm finally able to get some Sweet Tangerine ... seems to always be OOS when I'm ordering. :(

Which version do you like best?

I just went through that ordeal myself trying to get two flavors from the same place, one of them being CAP VBIC, again.

Actually like the V2 recipe better, and the TFA Vanilla Bean seems sweeter than CAP.
But it could also just be the Lemon Cake + Nonna's Cake doing this.
The Lemon seems to brighten the Orange some without being able to taste it.
Haven't had time yet to try V2 with CAP VBIC, and I've also been out of it for 2-3 weeks now, which I've finally got on the way.
Tracking from BCV shows it went to MD, and I'm in Michigan, lol.
USPS at it's finest :headbang:

Wanted to try the TFA Phillipine Mango but was also oos at BCV, and seems ECX doesn't carry it.
And ECX didn't have any CAP VBIC even listed anymore:(.

Last edited:

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Actually like the V2 better, as the TFA Vanilla Bean seems sweeter than CAP.

Ah, Thank You! I was wondering what difference you saw between the two VBICs.

The Lemon seems to brighten the Orange some without being able to taste it.

I really like the idea of mixing Lemon Cake with Tangerine and of course, topping it with ice cream. :D

And ECX didn't have any CAP VBIC even listed anymore:(.

Hmm, that has to be a mistake ( on ECX's part ) ... it's a very popular flavor and relatively new too, at least for CAP.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Too kewl!! I was just thinking about doing something with my sweet tangerine last night! :)
giphy.gif

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe they just pull the listing when it's oos.

Could be, but I believe I remember seeing OOS listings before. They may have changed that, but it would seem they'd have left it alone so you could add to a wish list and/or be notified when they have it back in stock.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Tracking from BCV shows it went to MD, and I'm in Michigan, lol.

Strangely it showed up in the mailbox yesterday, must have been bad tracking info.

Off to mix up some INW Cherimoya, and make some more of Version 2 using CAP VBIC instead.

Vaping on Blueberry Muffins today:D.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Strangely it showed up in the mailbox yesterday, must have been bad tracking info.

Off to mix up some INW Cherimoya, and make some more of Version 2 using CAP VBIC instead.

Vaping on Blueberry Muffins today:D.
Let us know how the INW Cherimoya is. I've had it on my list for next order. Can anyone remember the coupon code for BCV?
I like EXC, but they seem to be out of half the stuff I want when I go to order.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just an FYI as I've just drip tasted the INW Vanilla and it reminds me somewhat of VZ-SC Vanilla Sponge Cake.
Totally different than any of my French Vanillas so not to sure about using it as a sub now.
Could be better, could be worse, lol.
Those that have used it in this please let us know...

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Let us know how the INW Cherimoya is. I've had it on my list for next order.

I've had it on my list for awhile myself, only drawback was the higher price but I think it may be worth it.
Drip tasted and I can tell it's a unique combination of different tropical fruits, and seems to be a good flavor overall.
I mixed some up at 2% stand alone to test it.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had it on my list for awhile myself, only drawback was the higher price but I think it may be worth it.
Drip tasted and I can tell it's a unique combination of different tropical fruits, and seems to be a good flavor overall.
I mixed some up at 2% stand alone to test it.
We seem to have the same tastes. If it doesn't really impress you I'll stay on the fence.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's amazing how we start thinking differently after DIYing for some time. After paying $8-20 for a 30ml bottle of juice, we get freaked out when we have to pay $3 for a flavor that will make 300ml.:giggle:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's amazing how we start thinking differently after DIYing for some time. After paying $8-20 for a 30ml bottle of juice, we get freaked out when we have to pay $3 for a flavor that will make 300ml.:giggle:

Shows how much of a cheapskate I am, as I was buying pre-mixed from MBV when I started vaping, really cheap.
Even had something like buy 4 and get one free:D.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Let us know how the INW Cherimoya is.

My first impression is that it's just okay. I've only done one test run with it at 4.5% stand alone so that's not enough to really give a concrete opinion. Can't remember why I chose that %... probably something that I read. I tried it after a day....after 3 days....after 7 days and then just now again after 22 days. It hasn't changed a whole lot at all. Maybe slightly creamier. I'm tasting a slightly creamy tropical mix. Coconut stands out and the rest I just can't tell. Maybe some pineapple. It's not a flavor that excites me.

BTW.....has anybody tried the INW Pineapple? Smells great....tastes okay on inhale, but on exhale I'm getting a "sat in a plastic bottle too long" taste :blech:

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shows how much of a cheapskate I am, as I was buying pre-mixed from MBV when I started vaping, really cheap.
Even had something like buy 4 and get one free:D.
I feel ya. I did the Zample box, MBV, Vape Wild, Slims thing(just to name a few) tried the "Gourmet" stuff and still feel DIY taste better. Especially after doing it for awhile. I've got to the point where I can mix something off the cuff and it will taste good. CHEAP & GOOD..... Seeeeee, it does exist.:bliss:

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I feel ya. I did the Zample box, MBV, Vape Wild, Slims thing(just to name a few) tried the "Gourmet" stuff and still feel DIY taste better. Especially after doing it for awhile. It gotten to the point where I can mix something off the cuff and it will taste good. CHEAP & GOOD..... Seeeeee, it does exist.:bliss:

True this, even some of my bad DIY mixes were better, not by much tho:facepalm:.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Version 1

Gave this a try after a week of aging. Very, very good! I'll definitely be making more of it and also try it with some different fruits. Maybe even some FA Coconut. At the right % with your base, I think that might be good. Thanks again for sharing @Heabob

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Gave this a try after a week of aging. Very, very good! I'll definitely be making more of it and also try it with some different fruits. Maybe even some FA Coconut. At the right % with your base, I think that might be good. Thanks again for sharing @Heabob

Thanks for the feedback, glad you liked it.
You could easily add 0.5% FA Coconut and it might make it a bit more creamy/buttery.
Or more if you wanna taste it:D

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
BTW.....has anybody tried the INW Pineapple? Smells great....

Mine smelled great in the bottle and had great future mixing promise for me. Unfortunately, I found with it's very weak flavor taste, it did not deliver. It was not re-bottled.

Ron
----
"I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."- Morticia Adams

tonyp1119

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This sound great my friend. We'll post back when mixed. Thank you for sharing...

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad this came back up for a reminder. I like how V2 looks. I'll mix some up this weekend. I'll sub using one of my new favorite things. INW Shisha Vanilla.

Last edited:

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I mixed up another batch of version 1 a couple of days ago, but replaced the tangerine with 2% FA Coconut just to see how it turns out. Not sure what it's going to taste like, but it smells good enough to put a baby bottle nipple on it and pretend I'm a newborn :D

VU Sponsors