Become a Patron!

TC issues with SXMini G Class - Anyone ? (Update: Was Bad Wire)

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got this mod few months ago and for the last 6 weeks or so TC has seemed to be not working right. Normally on the IPV4S (and DNA mod I had) TC is always set to 410F and 40J and this works with my Aromamizer Supreme (dual core deck) and 100% VG. Coils end up about 19ohms (DIY SS316L, 7wrap spaced, made the same way for 4+ yrs now).

So the SX TC seems to 'drift.' Like it wasn't hitting hardly at all at 410F so finally pushed it up and saw it had to be on 510F to hit like the IPV4S at 410F. IOW, the quality of the vape was the same at 510F. I even looked at the SX's screen in a mirror as I hit it to make sure the coils weren't really getting anywhere near 510F and it was hitting a max of about 267F which is fine. (You're pulling air through, so that keeps it cooler.) As long as it was hitting fine and wasn't heating the VG to an unhealthy degree, I was ok with it. Figured it must be calibrated wrong by 100d and would just leave it at 510F.

But after x-amount of hours it starts hitting a little too hot .... and have to turn the TC all the way down to 310 to get it to hit like it's at 410F...! (i.e. like my normal vape without burning). Then next day, might have to bump it to 510 again! And back and forth, with hours or even a day or two between where it stays consistent.

Set rhe resistance, and the same tank works fine and normal on the IPV4S - it's only the SX that can't make up its mind where it needs to be. I even reinstalled the latest FW. No change.

Anyone else heard others complaining about this?

Only reason I've put up with it is the SX does make it simple to change the TC temp without accessing any menus, so only takes a sec. But I shouldn't have to be doing this. (And not returning to Everzon - too much hassle.) TIA

Weeks later edit: After diving into TCR and the like, the problem was actually bad wire. Was tipped off when even my new DNA250c was not vaping right. Hit me I'd started a new SS spool of a well-known vaping brand when all this started. Forgot I used to buy only Temco, so ordered from them. Meanwhile dug out some old Ti 1 on hand from 2014 :) and that vapes perfectly. So not an SX problem, FTR!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors