Become a Patron!

TC not working

Hey guys, might be posting alot recently, but learning new things everyday. I wrapped 2 titanium coils to a 0.4 ohms but TC is not working, once i select it from my device it heats for less then a second and turns off, i dont get anything on the screen no errors or nothing. Please help, thanks! ( p.s it works normally on wattage mode)

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First, which mod do you have?
Does it come with a dedicated TC Ti mode?
Did you let the coils rest at room temp for at least 5-10 min, before locking the Resistance?

Also, you shouldn't be firing titanium in Power Mode, it's only for use in TC Ti Mode.

First, which mod do you have?
Does it come with a dedicated TC Ti mode?
Did you let the coils rest at room temp for at least 5-10 min, before locking the Resistance?

Also, you shouldn't be firing titanium in Power Mode, it's only for use in TC Ti Mode.
I have the FUCHAI 200W, yes it comes with a dedicated TC Ti mode, but no I didn't let it rest for 5-10 mins, can you please give me a little more detail on that. Thank you

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With TC, since the resistance (ohms) change as the temperature changes, the chip has to read these changes and make the calculations to adjust amps/volts being fed through the wire, to maintain the set temperature. If the wire is not allowed to rest (adjust to room temp), since the wire will be warmer than normal from being handled, the mod will read the resistance higher than it actually is, and the chip won't be able to make the correct calculations once the resting resistance changes (as the wire readjusts to room temp, the resistance will be lower than before, and the calculations would need to be adjusted, but the mod is still reading the original resistance from before). Since the resistance won't be adjusting correctly when it's fired, the chip will read the wire and realize it's not functioning properly, and either kick you out of TC, or a protection will kick in and shut the mod off.

On a side note, TC wire shouldn't be dry fired (glowing red, it has the potential to melt) so it makes it difficult to see potential hotspots in the coil, which is another potential cause for your mod turning off (protecting it from shorting)

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You'll also want to rebuild. If you've glowed the Ti there's a good chance that TiO2 has formed which is a carcinogenic material. You can make a contact coil with Ti and, at about 10w, slowly pulse and pinch the coil in a darkened room and let it get deep, dull red -- in the dark -- and it will remain below the temperature required for TiO2. I recommend ceramic tweezer as they can pinch the coil while it's firing and not short. Oh, also, after you cut the length of wire, but before you wrap, you'll want to wipe off the wire with some rubbing alcohol to remove any residual machining oil.

I have the Fuchai. After you're satisfied that the coils are heating from the inside out you'll want to let the atomizer cool for 10-20 minutes. You can use this time to wash up and wick the atomizer. After that's done you need to lock the resistance -- on the Fuchai it's the down button and the firing button at the same time. Then you're good to fire it up and vape.

With TC, since the resistance (ohms) change as the temperature changes, the chip has to read these changes and make the calculations to adjust amps/volts being fed through the wire, to maintain the set temperature. If the wire is not allowed to rest (adjust to room temp), since the wire will be warmer than normal from being handled, the mod will read the resistance higher than it actually is, and the chip won't be able to make the correct calculations once the resting resistance changes (as the wire readjusts to room temp, the resistance will be lower than before, and the calculations would need to be adjusted, but the mod is still reading the original resistance from before). Since the resistance won't be adjusting correctly when it's fired, the chip will read the wire and realize it's not functioning properly, and either kick you out of TC, or a protection will kick in and shut the mod off.

On a side note, TC wire shouldn't be dry fired (glowing red, it has the potential to melt) so it makes it difficult to see potential hotspots in the coil, which is another potential cause for your mod turning off (protecting it from shorting)
Very helpful thanks will try it out tonight

You'll also want to rebuild. If you've glowed the Ti there's a good chance that TiO2 has formed which is a carcinogenic material. You can make a contact coil with Ti and, at about 10w, slowly pulse and pinch the coil in a darkened room and let it get deep, dull red -- in the dark -- and it will remain below the temperature required for TiO2. I recommend ceramic tweezer as they can pinch the coil while it's firing and not short. Oh, also, after you cut the length of wire, but before you wrap, you'll want to wipe off the wire with some rubbing alcohol to remove any residual machining oil.

I have the Fuchai. After you're satisfied that the coils are heating from the inside out you'll want to let the atomizer cool for 10-20 minutes. You can use this time to wash up and wick the atomizer. After that's done you need to lock the resistance -- on the Fuchai it's the down button and the firing button at the same time. Then you're good to fire it up and vape.
Very helpful thanks will try it out tonight

VU Sponsors