Become a Patron!

Teen Dies After Hospital Mistakes Stroke for Nicotine Effects

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope that hospital's insurance is paid up to date, they're going to need it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
In addition to the fact that they jumped to a wild conclusion about vaping, it's yet another demonstration of a larger pattern of lack of care for younger patients and a great reluctance to look deeper when young people present themselves with medical problems

I almost died at age 19 (burst ovary) after being misdiagnosed repeatedly due to lack of testing for other causes since the age of 14

My own daughter almost died at 18 (two months in the hospital, the majority spent in ICU on life support) by insisting she had mono despite the fact she tested negative several times - in reality she had a blood clot in her jugular vein when caused her to develop septic lessions in her lungs that started bursting

I get bitterly pissed reading articles like that - and I mean BITTER

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Assembly line for profit medicine.

:rolleyes:

Profit or Non-Profit: Are Hospitals Selling Out? | Canadian Women's ...

Although almost all Canadians believe hospitals are publicly owned and accountable institutions, under provincial legislation 95% operate on a non-profit basis. Most of Canada's approximately 850 hospitals are owned and operated by non-profit, voluntary organizations.

"Fraser Health Authority, the organization that manages Delta Hospital"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraser_Health

Fraser Health Authority is one of six publicly funded health care Regions into which the Canadian province of British Columbia is divided.

Last edited:

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
2012 I went in for left inguinal hernia surgery.
Woke up with incisions on both sides instead of the left only.
They said they went ahead and did both sides "while I was there". Bullshit! They fucked up and cut the wrong side to begin with. The same opinion from 2 different surgeons said they didn't have to do the right before the operation.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
:rolleyes:

Profit or Non-Profit: Are Hospitals Selling Out? | Canadian Women's ...

Although almost all Canadians believe hospitals are publicly owned and accountable institutions, under provincial legislation 95% operate on a non-profit basis. Most of Canada's approximately 850 hospitals are owned and operated by non-profit, voluntary organizations.

"Fraser Health Authority, the organization that manages Delta Hospital"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraser_Health

Fraser Health Authority is one of six publicly funded health care Regions into which the Canadian province of British Columbia is divided.

The term "Non-profit" often gives institutions the illusion that they do not generate income and wraps them in a cloak of virtue than may or may not be deserved

The fact is, whoever is paying, whether govt. or privately paid, the medical industry short-changes young people with serious health problems by rarely doing anything to make sure their initial diagnosis (look for the obvious) is correct

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The term "Non-profit" often gives institutions the illusion that they do not generate income and wraps them in a cloak of virtue than may or may not be deserved

The fact is, whoever is paying, whether govt. or privately paid, the medical industry short-changes young people with serious health problems by rarely doing anything to make sure their initial diagnosis (look for the obvious) is correct

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with with bobbi's post claiming "for profit medicine" that I responded to showing the hospital is publicly funded.

A wrong assumption is a wrong assumption.

I mean, we can talk about apples and oranges both being fruits, but it's still an argument comparing apples an oranges. ;)

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn stalker asshole.

Why don't you tell the one about how your going to kill me again.

Quit your fucking crybaby bullshit. You say stupid shit then threaten to kill people who correct you. You might look into getting yourself some help from a hospital, for profit or not. ;)

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
In addition to the fact that they jumped to a wild conclusion about vaping, it's yet another demonstration of a larger pattern of lack of care for younger patients and a great reluctance to look deeper when young people present themselves with medical problems

I almost died at age 19 (burst ovary) after being misdiagnosed repeatedly due to lack of testing for other causes since the age of 14

My own daughter almost died at 18 (two months in the hospital, the majority spent in ICU on life support) by insisting she had mono despite the fact she tested negative several times - in reality she had a blood clot in her jugular vein when caused her to develop septic lessions in her lungs that started bursting

I get bitterly pissed reading articles like that - and I mean BITTER

My Girlfriend had a really bad seizure so the ambulance came and took her to the hospital.
She's epileptic so she is at risk for that kind of thing.
When she comes out of a seizure she is in a total haze for a day or two.
She asks the same questions over and over, forgets things, etc...

The Hospital Staff would not let up on her.
They kept pressing her and wanted to know "What she took".
So these assholes spent hours trying to convince her that she had taken drugs when she DOESN'T use drugs (except prescriptions).

Come to find out after 4 days at the hospital somebody realized that not only have they not given her her prescribed Klonopin but she had also ran out of Klonopin 2 days before showing up at the hospital.

Guess who that somebody was?
HER.
It took her 4 days to get out of the haze to remember to mention it.

So what triggered the seizure?

Withdrawal from the Klonopin!

She would have been there for a few hours instead of 4 days if they wouldn't have been so convinced that she took something when in fact the problem was the OPPOSITE!

She hadn't taken something.:facepalm:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL I got two stalkers.
I just posted to time if we were face to face and he insulted me in the personal way ........
Decent people do not make slimy personal attacks against someone for talking bad about their political idols.
Imature keyboard warriors do.

And since we will never meet it is a non issue.
And if we did meet he would not have the balls to say those insults to my face.
So again a non issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL I got two stalkers.
I just posted to time if we were face to face and he insulted me in the personal way he has on here ....
Decent people do not make slimy personal attacks against someone for talking bad about their political idols.
Imature keyboard warriors do.

And since we will never meet it is a non issue.
So again a non issue.
so....to clarify ..you threatend to kill him.....

Last edited by a moderator:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not even looking at my 2 stalkers posts.
You are however free to show your asses to everyone else.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not even looking at my 2 stalkers posts.
You are however free to show your asses to everyone else.
well I think you're the one showing your ass here....or at the very least an unsetteling degree of mental illness.....sayng that, I hope that doesn't put me on the top of your "hit" list.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah, I'd still call you a crybaby bitch. Right to your face.

I'm not your shop. Coming after me with a lighter or book of matches in your hand isn't going to do you much good. :giggle:

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The local Vancouver media is so anti-vaping it's not even funny. The initial story was all over the place when this first happened, furthering their "if it looks like smoke you're a terrible human being" rhetoric.

Funny how I haven't seen a single update or correction since the autopsy proved this had zilch to do with vaping. Absolute scumbags. They shout from the rooftops "Teen dies after vaping nicotine. Take your families vapes outside and smash them." promoting fear and loathing of a life-saving device, but when the truth doesn't fall in line with their agenda, silence.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Such a total shame for a 14 year old to die because of what I consider Malpractice. I feel sorry for his parents and their loss. So fucking sad......

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Such a total shame for a 14 year old to die because of what I consider Malpractice. I feel sorry for his parents and their loss. So fucking sad......
The health care system in Canada is absolute garbage. I cannot stress that enough. Absolute garbage.

If anyone in your life ever points to Canada and it's socialized health care as if it were some great thing where everyone has access to great care, you slap em in the face as hard as you can. The level, quality, and access to care is absolutely abysmal in Canada.

I've seen a stroke victim sit in the ER of a newly renovated hospital for 3 days without proper diagnosis or treatment, before being shipped to another hospital for admission.

Various wings of the hospitals filled to capacity, people in beds lining the hallways, receiving little to no treatment.

Howabout waiting YEARS for an MRI?

Walk-in clinics everywhere, but no family doctors available. Hope you didn't want a complete file or to become familiar with your doctor, cause you don't have one.

Revolving door based mental health system, offering no real care to those in need aside from the criminally insane.

Absolute garbage.

The pay to live US system is miles ahead when it comes to the level and quality of care, though to me having both systems side by side might be of some benefit overall. That's for another thread though.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The health care system in Canada is absolute garbage. I cannot stress that enough. Absolute garbage.

I am not debating Healthcare, my comment was to voice my opinion that this is a tragedy and how I am saddened by the parents loss.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Haha, don't look at me. This thread had largely gone off the rails before I got here. :D

I wasn't buddy and I did not single anyone out...........

maxresdefault.jpg

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

If anyone in your life ever points to Canada and it's socialized health care as if it were some great thing where everyone has access to great care, you slap em in the face as hard as you can. The level, quality, and access to care is absolutely abysmal in Canada.

I've seen a stroke victim sit in the ER of a newly renovated hospital for 3 days without proper diagnosis or treatment, before being shipped to another hospital for admission.

Various wings of the hospitals filled to capacity, people in beds lining the hallways, receiving little to no treatment.

Howabout waiting YEARS for an MRI?

Walk-in clinics everywhere, but no family doctors available. Hope you didn't want a complete file or to become familiar with your doctor, cause you don't have one.

Revolving door based mental health system, offering no real care to those in need aside from the criminally insane.

Absolute garbage.

The pay to live US system is miles ahead when it comes to the level and quality of care, though to me having both systems side by side might be of some benefit overall. That's for another thread though.

I thought the French Canadians that come down here to Florida for the winter were bullshitting me when they said they'd rather pay for Florida health insurance over Canada's free health care if they had the choice.

I have heard these types of horror stories from them.

Many decide to move here for good and just pay for decent Florida health insurance.

But we are talking about well off to rich people though.

These people have a house and car just chilling in another country just so they don't have to be in Canada for winter.
There is no way someone who has it like that is hurting for money.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fwiw, our health care isn't free unless you fall well below the poverty line, and even then it's being paid for by others. We just don't have a choice as to whether to pay for it or not as it comes directly off the top of your paycheck. If you're self employed or a subcontractor, they'll bill you and will send you to collections if you don't pay.

First rule of economics: There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Must be nice to be crazy rich though. I wouldn't mind. :D

VU Sponsors