Become a Patron!

Tell me your best disposable e-cigarette

I have seen a lot of people using disposable e-cigarettes recently. Can you tell me which brand of disposable e-cigarettes is better?

MyMagicMist

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can you tell me which brand of disposable e-cigarettes is better?

No, I can not. I do not use disposable "e-cigarettes". Instead, I use vaping mods, rdas. I also mainly use DIY ejuice. The way I vape seems more economically sensible. Refilling a squonk bottle, or dripping saves a need of buying expensive "throw away" product/s.

Think I paid about $8.00 for a bag of Muji cotton about two, maybe three years ago. I've given some away but still have over half of a big bag. The wicking material might last my lifetime.

I got about 3 L of "base" ejuice for roughly $80 all in over the last year. It will probably last me two years.

I spent possibly $20 on spooled wire for coils over the last two years, or so. That could last quite a while as I am cautious with coils but usually get at least 3-6 months on a coil.

Consumables then are ~ $120 for say three to four years. So, I'm looking at about $0.09 daily on an overall average cost for these.

(Forgot batteries, let me add $10 yearly.) It still puts me at roughly $0.09 average daily for "consumables".

Granted I've bought a few higher end cost mods, simply ensuring I got hardware to last, over the last year. I'll say I might have spent ~ $250. Say I might again get an average of 4 years. That puts me at eh, around $0.17 daily average cost.

All in I'm looking at about $0.30 a day to vape. If I used disposables I'd need to buy probably two to four units per week. At roughly $10 a pop that's say $40 a week, times 52 weeks a year $2,080 a year. Divide that over 4 years. I'm seeing $1.41 daily average costs.

Yeah, no thanks I'll stick with a more affordable means of vaping. Thanks anyway. And understand I am a light to moderate vaper. I use roughly 4 ml of ejuice per day. Have seen some use 20 to 30 ml per day. My costs are minimal but yet I only seemingly minimally vape & am frugal.

Comparing it to cigarettes: say 1 carton per month at $60 per. That's $720 yearly, divide by 365 and come to $1.97 or say $2 daily to smoke. So yeah, I'm saving money but good.

Last edited:
I tried the mod once, but it was hard to use when I was out, and I felt that passers-by gave me strange looks

MyMagicMist

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, my God. Two dollars a day is a good deal

Until cigarettes took a large price hike and cases were sold for about $80. That's twenty cartons in a box. That would be a monthly supply. So $960 / 360 = $2.66 or roughly $3 per day. You still need to keep up with lighters / matches.

Compare that to $0.30 per day with vaping. Smoking is ten times more expensive.

MyMagicMist

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I tried the mod once, but it was hard to use when I was out, and I felt that passers-by gave me strange looks

You can get mods that are drop dead simple to use, as for what others think, I don't place too much credibility in it. Vaping is about harm reduction. I can use nicotine with less harm to myself and others. It is yes a vice, something I enjoy. Puritanical folks will always want others to have no fun, enjoyment in living. They can go f**k themselves as far as I'm concerned.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
One time i was walking to work...
I got cat calls and car honks like ya would not believe.
EVERYBODY was giving me looks and smiles.
GEEZ i must look good today i thought.

when i got to work i found the ENTIRE BACK OF MY WRAP AROUND SKIRT WAS UNDONE.
I had walked to work with my Back end hanging out.
edit: {{ thank god i ware clean underware}}

I bring this up cuz
ARE YA SURE it was REALLY Your vaping that you got odd looks about???

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Passersby where? At a school playground? Retirement home? It's not so much about the fact that you vape. It's about who you vape in front of. If you are vaping in front of "the Karens", then they will not only look at you weird, but they will try to ban your vaping.

Be an adult about it. Show respect towards others. Don't blow huge clouds to show off in front of the cancel-culture Karens out there trying to save the world from everything. If that means just toodle-puffing off a mod when you just need the nicotine, so be it. People can respect that.

You can get mods that are drop dead simple to use, as for what others think, I don't place too much credibility in it. Vaping is about harm reduction. I can use nicotine with less harm to myself and others. It is yes a vice, something I enjoy. Puritanical folks will always want others to have no fun, enjoyment in living. They can go f**k themselves as far as I'm concerned.
Passersby where? At a school playground? Retirement home? It's not so much about the fact that you vape. It's about who you vape in front of. If you are vaping in front of "the Karens", then they will not only look at you weird, but they will try to ban your vaping.

Be an adult about it. Show respect towards others. Don't blow huge clouds to show off in front of the cancel-culture Karens out there trying to save the world from everything. If that means just toodle-puffing off a mod when you just need the nicotine, so be it. People can respect that.
I see. Thank you

nethanpaul

Member For 1 Year
My personal favorite is Xtra disposables. They are super affordable priced at $14.95. They are there with the longest-lasting e-cig battery for disposable devices on the market, being a little bigger than many of the options on this list in terms of size but lasting for up to 1,500 puffs. This is huge and combined with the 5 ml e-liquid capacity, this makes it one of the few disposables you can likely use for over a day before you’ll need to get a new one. The design will make you feel right at home, though, with a vape pen-like cylindrical body and a simple mouthpiece that draws on the design of pod devices. The vape pen works automatically, so you simply take a puff to vape.

MyMagicMist

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They are super affordable priced at $14.95.
This is huge and combined with the 5 ml e-liquid capacity, this makes it one of the few disposables you can likely use for over a day before you’ll need to get a new one.

Your way: $15 * 30 days = $450 per month * 12 months = $5,400 per year

My way: I use a squonking mechanical mod. That means I spent roughly $8 for cotton about two years ago. I spent about $16 for wire to make coils, and maybe $4 for some already made simple coils about 6 months to a year or two ago. I spend roughly, or did, roughly $40 - $50 for juice about every 9 months to year. I've spent maybe $50 on RDAs oh, probably four or five times over the last 14 years.

Say $300 to be conservative for RDAs. Say about $200 for a couple of mods. Average that over 14 years, $500 / 14 years = $35.72 per year for gear/hardware.

If I average cotton and wire, $28 over 5 years at least = $5.60 per year. Add $50 for juice per year over 14 years is $700. So, $705.60 over 14 years for consumables.

Add 'em together $705.60 + $500 = $1,205.60 / 14 years = $86.12 per year.

Think I can see why I don't use disposables at allegedly "affordable" costs. Even if I added the costs of my batteries I'm still likely to remain under an average of $100 yearly all for gear and consumables. Add in a few flavorings bought here and there and I might, scrape $100 to maybe ... egads, $125 a year.

Let me see, $5,400 a year - $125 a year = $5,275 I'm saving.

And yes, I actually do have a few pieces of higher costing gear. A good bit of it is put back as backups, or to be used every so often like say one brings out fine china dishes. I don't pay for "commercial" juices either. Recipes are found all over online for next to zilch. Flavorings cost pennies when averaged out to making up a lot of batches. Why buy commercial, just to be privileged with paying someone else? Hm, ... sorry, nah. :)

But hey, you got bread to burn and wanna .. be a goat head! :) :D If spending money's your jollies, more power to ya. *chuckles* Sorry, I'm not meaning this to read as mean toward anyone, just light hearted banter with maybe some hint of common sense.

Or maybe I'm just an old cantankerous skintflint. Ha! ;):D :)

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have seen a lot of people using disposable e-cigarettes recently. Can you tell me which brand of disposable e-cigarettes is better?
I just don't like disposable anything, although ultimately everything is disposable because no vaping equipment lasts forever.

I use the Aspire eLeaf because it lasts for years, and the Aspire BVC glassomizers last for years (with changes of the tiny, inexpensive coils). This particular tank travels well, can roll around without leaking.

I've mostly used the eLeaf 30w for the last few years, and after two of those finally gave out I tried the 40w. There is, to me, not much difference in the experience of using the 40, since I usually vape at 9.5 to 11 watts. There is also an iPower which is pretty, 80w, 5000 mah, and not much more expensive than either the 30 or the 40, but I'm good where I am. For someone who hasn't hoarded anything yet, I think the iPower might be the place to start, but I have to say that without having tried it. Start with one. If it holds up to the quality and durability of the 30 and the 40, with the small difference in price, IMO that's where to start.

MyMagicMist

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ePuffer XPOD is my personal favorite. It cost me around $19.95

Alright let me break this down for you as well.

Say I use about 5 ml of juice per day. I do by the way.

Your Xpod has a capacity of only 1.5 ml. The minis use 2 ml of juice.

In either case I need to buy 3 of these devices a day. That's roughly $60 USD per day.

Say I pay maybe that $60 and get a decent refillable kit with swap out batteries & batteries, charger. You're still paying $60 a day.

I might pay $50 for 1L of unflavored juice in my nicotine strength. That lasts me about 9 months.

So I've paid about $110, maybe $125 all in once per year. You've kept on paying $60 a day.

$60 X 365 = $21,900 - $125 = $21,775 in savings for me.

Economically disposable vapes just don't work. Then, not all of us have connections to vape juice vendors, possibly employed by them. Not sure what you're paid. Not my concern. Still the point remains $60 a day to vape? Nope. And if the taxing goes into effect here, well, I'll try looking for affordable black market. Barring that I'm S.O.L and guess vaping goes away.

We live WV. I got a bottom out here I can grow, harvest, process our own tobacco on for personal use if need be. It won't take much and I'm sure my MIL still recalls how to do it as she and FIL both did it as kids growing up.

What a fine way for governments to address public health no?

"Don't smoke it kills you."

"Don't vape, save the children!"

We all see it's not about saving anyone. It's all about that almighty dollar, greed.

“Yo fuck the system, I got my own system.” --- Yolandi Visser

And @harry_wilson please understand I'm not attacking you personally. What I am attacking is the idea and myth of scarcity. I'm also attacking the concept of greed. Yes, I'm attacking ideas, constructs in society.

I commented on your possible link to an ejuice vendor. I do not know if you are connected or not. My point in that was I'm sure it's likely someone working possibly corporate level earns more income than I. Again, that's not aiming at you personally rather the idea of inequality in income. That's a concept in society as well.

Rather attack ideas than people. Ideas do not bleed or die. Yes, they can be killed off. You may say I contradict myself. Perhaps, or perhaps not. Ideas may not die but people on a whole can categorically reject ideas. If you want a demonstration of that, here it is.

Charles Manson somewhere in his mind had the idea that murder was acceptable, even a good idea. Society has long before adopted the idea that murder is not a good idea. Ergo, society rejected the idea murder was good.

Does murder still happen? Yes. Is it because society accepts, embraces the idea that murder is good? No. Does society punish those who murder? Yes. So, the idea of murder being good has nearly been killed off as a result. It's abhorred when murder happens, society becomes ever more vigilant against it happening or being glorified.

In that way a bad idea is put down.

So again, please understand I'm not attacking you or anyone else personally. That just isn't what I do.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors