Become a Patron!

Temp control spaced coils with wide SS316 wire

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To set the mod up for use, you can use escribe. There's a couple YT's on it. Easy. If the mod doesn't come with the latest International Firmware version, you'll want to do that first.
Yeah, had to do all that with my Drone.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, had to do all that with my Drone.
Oh you have it and haven't used it. Dude do it. The drone is a 250c right? with that you can use mixed tc wire. as long as you use tc wire for the core (ss316l will be your best bet), you can use ni80 wraps or mix it up a bit and still use replay. the 75c doesn't have this capability

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh you have it and haven't used it. Dude do it. The drone is a 250c right? with that you can use mixed tc wire. as long as you use tc wire for the core (ss316l will be your best bet), you can use ni80 wraps or mix it up a bit and still use replay. the 75c doesn't have this capability

Yeah the Drone is a 250C. I have seen some of the mixed material wires.. they had me curious. Kanthal around SS316 maybe...

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Once you get replay enabled on the mod, it will show a 'save puff' botton on the mod, along with watts. Just set the watts and when you get a vape you like, hit 'save puff'.

Here's a couple things to get you started.
I put a folder on my desktop and put a few themes I thought I’d like. You might like the theme it comes with, or use it till your more familiar.
https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/category/6-dna-75-color-250-color/

DL to PC. International Edition
https://www.evolvapor.com/escribe

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Replay is amazing. It gives a whole new vape that is IMO superior to just regular tc.

This I will never understand I guess until I actually use Replay, but for me using TC is the same every time unless my batteries are really low.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This I will never understand I guess until I actually use Replay, but for me using TC is the same every time unless my batteries are really low.
it isn't though. so you set your watts to 60 and temp to 450 and are using ss316L. You start at .2ohms and as you take a few hits and the coil heats up you are now at .3ohms and still hitting at 60 watts. The hit isn't the same. Replay measures all that stuff in real time and you literally get the same exact puff every. single. time. Not the same wattage, but the same puff. The exact way you like it.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking tc. I still use tc on my dna 250 every day. That mod is amazing. It isn't going away because of replay, but I do love the replay feature.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
b0d0fbb27962bad17fdea5396b29217b.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You start at .2ohms and as you take a few hits and the coil heats up you are now at .3ohms and still hitting at 60 watts.

My MOD reads the same Ohms as when I start taking a hit. Only time it sees a different resistance is when I change batteries or take the tank off when the coil is hot. And the difference might be .01- .02 Ohms. New Coil? Yes or No.............

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking tc. I still use tc on my dna 250 every day.

I know you weren't knocking TC Mode but I don't see any reason for using it with TC. With wattage Mode I can imagine how it might help someone who likes to crank the power up but I tend to run on the lower side of the wattage range because I take long pulls. Basically I am the replay mode because I control the ramp up and wattage with my finger. I found my sweet spot a long time ago and just got comfortable how I vape. Whatever makes you happy vaping then I say got for it~!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know you weren't knocking TC Mode but I don't see any reason for using it with TC. With wattage Mode I can imagine how it might help someone who likes to crank the power up but I tend to run on the lower side of the wattage range because I take long pulls. Basically I am the replay mode because I control the ramp up and wattage with my finger. I found my sweet spot a long time ago and just got comfortable how I vape. Whatever makes you happy vaping then I say got for it~!
Your mod might not read the change but it is happening. It changes a good bit during puffing. It may not be as much as I said earlier but I just tested on 3 puffs staring at .125 after 3 puffs and a resample it’s .138. It’s by no means a necessary thing but once you use it you would see what I mean.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
.023 difference? IMO not going to affect the hit enough to worry about.

VU Sponsors