Become a Patron!

Tesla 4680 battery

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Tesla has introduced a new cell. I have not been able to find specs. on it just the size 46mm by 80mm. I wonder if anyone will try to adapt it to a vaping application. Thoughts? Comments?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Likely it will be an 18 amp battery (up to ~54 watts per cell) because Elon Musk said it will have six times more power than the Tesla 2170 (21700), the latter being a 3 amp battery. Also likely, you'll never see one because they'll all end up in the automotive industry, and, vaping on a pair of Samsung 50E2 batteries in a dual 21700 battery regulated mod at up to ~80 watts is more compact despite it will give you a shitload of vaping time too anyway.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tesla has introduced a new cell. I have not been able to find specs. on it just the size 46mm by 80mm. I wonder if anyone will try to adapt it to a vaping application. Thoughts? Comments?

To answer your question, I don't see a big market for 2 inch + diameter mods.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Likely it will be an 18 amp battery (up to ~54 watts per cell) because Elon Musk said it will have six times more power than the Tesla 2170 (21700), the latter being a 3 amp battery. Also likely, you'll never see one because they'll all end up in the automotive industry, and, vaping on a pair of Samsung 50E2 batteries in a dual 21700 battery regulated mod at up to ~80 watts is more compact despite it will give you a shitload of vaping time too anyway.
Imagine the size of the mod? A vaping entheust
To answer your question, I don't see a big market for 2 inch + diameter mods.
Well idk about that for sure. Our Tempest is pretty wide over 2 inches. It would be a novelty item for sure. The origin of the cell alone would sell a mod acomodating that specific battery. I would check it out if one were available.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Imagine the size of the mod? A vaping entheust
Look around you I mean... vaping enthusiasts are a dying breed, and not all enthusiasts want a bigger mod when a much smaller one can do higher wattage AND give far more than a day of vaping time also in addition to that so, jack nobody is waiting for a niche within a niche within a niche to happen.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You drive the auto powered by it now vape the mod powered by it.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
meme.flintstones.gif

VU Sponsors