Become a Patron!

TFA Apple (Tart)

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is anyone out there using this with success? I mixed up a sample batch at 7% standalone, and good god is this stuff awful! Nothing but a foul, chemical odor and taste that's taken over my tank...tried aging it for a week or so, no good.

I was shooting for something to give me a bit more sour bite than FA's Apple or Fuji, but at this point I'm about ready to toss the 58 ml left of my 60 ml bottle and chalk it up to bad luck. Am I maybe mixing too strong, or does this really need a complimentary flavor to come to life? I'd wanted to put it into a pie recipe or something, but I can't in good conscience unleash such garbage unless someone wants to tell me I'm doing it horribly wrong and how to fix things...

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
I have had the same problem with both tart and apple candy. Tried em at many different %'s and could not get past that foul taste. TFA has many hits in my opinion but there apples are not one of them. Finally put them away and trying the covert method of sneaking my way back to them when I get the courage.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you try it at a lower %?
That's the knee-jerk obvious thing to do. After vaping through about 10 ml of my 30 ml sample (painfully, but testing at various percentage and aging points is done in the name of science) I tried diluting with my straight base, bringing it down to about 4.5%. Still foul, just slightly less so - and while if you were to tell me 4.5-7.0% with FA was too strong I might listen, I've never come across a TFA flavor so potent 4.5% ruined an otherwise vapeable flavor at lower dosage.
I have had the same problem with both tart and apple candy. Tried em at many different %'s and could not get past that foul taste. TFA has many hits in my opinion but there apples are not one of them. Finally put them away and trying the covert method of sneaking my way back to them when I get the courage.
Thanks - all I really needed was one person to tell me I'm not crazy. FA Fuji is a great apple, I'll stick with that as my go-to and add a touch of citric acid if I really need to go sour. No need to bludgeon myself and waste bottles (seriously, I'm not even going to clean the bottle this stuff was in, everything it touches is FUBAR), I think I'll tap out on this one.

VU Sponsors