Become a Patron!

TFA Horchata - what percentages

we87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been waiting to go through my lesser used flavors and now I'm at TFA HORCHATA. This is an older flavor so it's the regular variety.

What percentages would you guys recommend? I've seen jokes where people say no more than 0.5% but after doing some more reading I'm not sure if that was a joke

The only time I remember tasting a horchata vape was at vapeblast but that was almost a year ago, and it was just a tester flavor they had. It was Shaun OTD but I remember it being good. No idea what is in it or what it even tasted like now I just remember it being good and the only time I've had horchata.

Anyways thanks for any input. I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, I'm guessing that's not a joke. A lot of flavors are like that, especially super concentrated ones. Horchata is like a creamy smooth cinnamon. I've only used Horchata Smooth, so if you read 0.5%, I'd stick to it. You can always add more if it seems weak.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If yours is older, it may not be the Smooth version that Huck mentioned and if not, it's quite strong. I'd definitely be cautious with that one.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed, it'll blow your flip flops right off your feet! The regular is way spicier than any cinnamon I ever had. Idk what they put it it...some type of thai spice maybe.

we87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cool thanks for the replies I appreciate guys.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You tempted me. I made a sweet creamy vanilla type cake and it was a bit too sweet for me so I added .5 % TFA horchata and .5% TFA Cinnamon spice. After sitting 12 hours it's got a bite. I'm like a dragon lady and some escapes my nostrils and the bit that does...it burns! But it is a nice flavor addition to creams and vanillas. Makes a nice Spicy vape. Thanks for the post as I'm enjoying this.

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
try this old recipe I had concocted a long time ago 3 yrs.almost - lol...
I liked it at the time..

Horchata
7.00% Horchata (TFA) original flavor
3.00% Sweet Cream (TFA)
2.00% Banana Cream (TFA)
1.00% Fresh Cream (FA)
0.50% vape wizard
obviously needs some air and steep time of a few days

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, that's a lot of Horchata boys. I bet the creams in deadshort's and banana in zamazam's mellow the horchata?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess it depends on the horchata version. The one I have is the smooth version. The banana and rum combine to dilute a bit. You can add fresh cream if you want a creamier custard type vape.

we87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Awesome so glad to see some recipes in here! Thanks to everyone to keep the conversation going

I don't have sweet cream or fresh cream to try out Deadshort's recipe but I do have French vanilla, malted milk, bavarian cream, whip cream, marshmallow, all TFA and CAP vanilla custard. Y'all think any of these will work in exchange?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lower the Horchata to 3% and mix with 2% vanilla custard. Give it a shot. It may need to steep, I don't think it will be a shake N' vape.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess it depends on the horchata version. The one I have is the smooth version. The banana and rum combine to dilute a bit. You can add fresh cream if you want a creamier custard type vape.
Okay, glad I didn't yet mix this as I don't have the smooth version, just the regular blow your socks off regular. I was going to have a glass of milk and fire extinguisher ready. I'm guessing the regular is super potent compared to regular. I can see rum going well with it.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome so glad to see some recipes in here! Thanks to everyone to keep the conversation going

I don't have sweet cream or fresh cream to try out Deadshort's recipe but I do have French vanilla, malted milk, bavarian cream, whip cream, marshmallow, all TFA and CAP vanilla custard. Y'all think any of these will work in exchange?

Keep in mind if you don't have the smooth horchata you may want to start out with .5-1% to you creams & or custard and taste.

VU Sponsors